Deaf schools or mainstream?

I know many deaf families who homeschool their deaf or hearing kids.

I knew of one deaf kid who were homeschooled amongst his siblings. His parents were great and used ASL. They invited us deafies to their place for bbq so their son and family can be exposed to more ASL, deaf culture and whatnot.

I wish I was home school but my family dont have that much education.

Bottesini,

I don't know anyone personally that was homeschooled except for few hearing friends, who I knew, did.

Anyway, I'm curious since you were home schooled, have you involved with any sports or clubs to socialize with the kids that you might have lacked of?

Went to any college after that or not yet?

I am one of the screwed up mainstreamers. With some college.

Byrdie is the homeschooled one. :D

Yep. I graduated with regular diploma.

Same here but I know I was screwed up by being mainstreamed because my self-esteem was destroyed due to being in a restrictive environment.

Same here but I know I was screwed up by being mainstreamed because my self-esteem was destroyed due to being in a restrictive environment.

Not me. I was growing up with hearing family and mostly hearing friends.

Not me. I was growing up with hearing family and mostly hearing friends.

Same here..it was being around all hearing people that screwed me up.

I prefer to have a good balance of both not just all hearing only. I refuse to go back to that environment..no thanks.

Same here..it was being around all hearing people that screwed me up.

I prefer to have a good balance of both not just all hearing only. I refuse to go back to that environment..no thanks.

Well. I once was hearing myself. it was kinda easy for me to adjust.

Well. I once was hearing myself. it was kinda easy for me to adjust.

No wonder...I was born profoundly deaf in both ears and raised strictly orally and fully mainstreamed. It really really wasnt fun being stressed like that constantly.

No wonder...I was born profoundly deaf in both ears and raised strictly orally and fully mainstreamed. It really really wasnt fun being stressed like that constantly.

Well, I was hearing for only very short time like 9 months that all.

But didn't you just say in another thread that you were having to take a remedial course because of where you tested on the Placement Tests?

College Placement Test at PJC and classes i have to take before i go on for my major plans

Which kinda sucks but it ok. Everyone is bound to stuck somewhere.

Which kind of idicates that the mainstream didn't fully address your needs, and now you are having to make up for it.

Back