Deaf Person with Disabilities Success at Ivy League Schools but No Judgment needed

nat84

Reaction score
I am deaf person and with ADHD/Aspergers who want become lawyer after attend top ranked school if I prove to the community and convince them to let me attend law school depend on my academic and social background.

Some students with disabilities had struggled themselves then attend medicine or law school to become successful.

I hope I can help deaf people with autism for jobs, education, accessibility, and civil rights when I am lawyer but not only this, worked with minority people and immigration/foreign affairs is possible.

No more judge on other people with disabilities who went to top ranked or Ivy League schools, they are really smart and prove to people in the community what they can make a difference by their success in career.

For example, here is the link of deaf blind Harvard law student is really successful and be strong woman to deaf community. And other deaf student went to Princeton and was very successful to attend Harvard graduate school. I do respect for him who he is but I do understand about life of deaf students based on academic and social relationship with peers at ivy league and top ranked universities but deaf students or disabled students had only way to get their work hard and success into career.

I can see most people give some respect to someone who graduated from MIT and he is really smart, working hard. And one student with Aspergers got accepted into Princeton and other one from Yale instead for coming to Gallaudet, people always give them hard time but they didn't realize many students at best schools got great jobs and success life like health lifestyle and marrying someone from other schools where they had both goals.

I am really work hard in high school and improve relationship with hearing people for network before going to large university before Gallaudet. Many people asked me wow, I got accepted into one of best universities in USA because I worked hard and prove myself to the community, most deaf students went to school for the deaf and went to Ivy League, they do respect them well. I do not see why people laugh at some people who got accepted into Ivy League but why not they can try apply themselves then realize they don't know what is reward mean to them before accepted into Ivy League.

Few deaf people graduated from Stanford, Cornell, Haverford, Smith, MIT, Caltech

https://www.princeton.edu/pr/pwb/08/0414/arch/

Deafblind Harvard Law Student Encourages Perkins Student on MLK Day - Watertown, MA Patch

HAVERFORD SOCCER STAR LEADS U.S. IN DEAFLYMPICS - Haverford College News

She is a deaf alumni from College Preparatory School in Oakland, California where many students went to Ivy League, Stanford, MIT, etc.

ASL at Brown: Mamet, Thal

Brown has Support People with Autistic/ADHD and they are friendly for Autism/Atypical people there same as Cornell and Duke. Gallaudet needs to support and offer organization for Autism and Disabilities.

Good for you! I also have Asperger's Syndrome and it's been a real struggle growing up in such a complicated world. I graduated, but without a 'real' diploma; I had modified classes. But upon graduating, my foster parents, workers (social worker, teachers, doctors, etc), and me were all poised to get a public guardian and become a client of an agency called 'Robin Hood Association'. They specialize in working with PDD's (like my self, a Person with Developmental Disablilities). So far, that place is hell because I'm trapped; 2 years thus far.
I can't get a job independantly. I'm put in programs on a daily basis (Mon - Fri), and it is all LOW FUNCTIONING. The most challenging thing there in the math class is multiplication.
So with the guardian I have now, she takes over my rights. It's taken a year of meetings and court dates to finally reach a point where I can remove her and have all my rights and freedoms back.

This being slightly beyond the point, I'm going to be an interpreter and I want to be the most helpful person I can. One client there is profoundly deaf, autistic with OCD and a sensory disorder; but has great signing and language ability. Yet no one can sign to him but me. The staff that do know sign language only have the basics.
So it's this kind of thing that bugs me; once you're institutionalized, it's hard to break free and join a different agency.
Hopefully all my future college goes well; I'll keep you all updated!

whoaaaaaa ... why do I feel a sudden "deja vu"?

Can't place ... my .... finger .... on ... it ... m a t a ....jan? ... nah.

Stein, why you can't finger spell? Can you tell me about this, I want to hear your opinion?

whoaaaaaa ... why do I feel a sudden "deja vu"?

Can't place ... my .... finger .... on ... it ... m a t a ....jan? ... nah.
No, he's been a member since 2006.

Read thru his list of previous posts.

However, he and matajan could be kindred spirits, for sure.

No, he's been a member since 2006.

Read thru his list of previous posts.

However, he and matajan could be kindred spirits, for sure.

Ah, I guess it was a feeling of "vuja de" then. :giggle:

Stein, why you can't finger spell? Can you tell me about this, I want to hear your opinion?

Since you are not the person I had originally thought you were, then I say, go for it - follow your dreams.

Back