Deaf Nation Expo Pushing Blackberrys

H

HawaiiJo

Whats up with Deafnation pushging Backberrys? Pomona fairplex had sprint push blackberry to deaf? Why no t-mobile booth?

Whats going on? Why they push blackberry to deaf? Is Deafnation to confuse deaf people??

Is deaf world fall apart?

Jo

No no Its not because its falling apart.. its because Sidekick 2 is hard to get for those who have bad or no credits

I got myself a blackberry and i got it free which cost 459.99 at reg. price. I only paid 49.00 activation fee (one time fee) and its 39.99 a month. I've been struggling to get AIM and YAHOO on my blackberry. I don't think it comes with it but I could be wrong.. I need help with that.

There was Sprint selling blackberry also for 99.99 at Deaf Expo in Atlanta. they're pushing it because T-mobile isn't being reasonable with Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. SK2 is the best device that we could ever ask for. its very helpful. As far as blackberry, its got email, text messaging, tty compatible and i711 relay ready in there.

HawaiiJo said:
Whats up with Deafnation pushging Backberrys? Pomona fairplex had sprint push blackberry to deaf? Why no t-mobile booth?

Whats going on? Why they push blackberry to deaf? Is Deafnation to confuse deaf people??

Jo

there was 2 T-Mobile booths in Atlanta Deaf Expo

RebelGirl said:
No no Its not because its falling apart.. its because Sidekick 2 is hard to get for those who have bad or no credits

I got myself a blackberry and i got it free which cost 459.99 at reg. price. I only paid 49.00 activation fee (one time fee) and its 39.99 a month. I've been struggling to get AIM and YAHOO on my blackberry. I don't think it comes with it but I could be wrong.. I need help with that.

There was Sprint selling blackberry also for 99.99 at Deaf Expo in Atlanta. they're pushing it because T-mobile isn't being reasonable with Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. SK2 is the best device that we could ever ask for. its very helpful. As far as blackberry, its got email, text messaging, tty compatible and i711 relay ready in there.
I got my Sidekick II for free with a $25 activation fee and $30 a month for unlimited data.

Everyone keeps saying that Blackberry has a better price deal, but it doesn't work out.

I have bad credit, but I still got one. :dunno:

When I was visiting the St. Louis DeafNation booth and spoke to the Sprint reps there, they told me that Sprint recognized that deaf people needed more than just Sidekicks. T-Mobile's coverage wasn't as good as Sprint's, prices weren't as reasonable, web access wasn't as great, there are many more programs you can get on Blackberries.

It used to be that you went to a big deaf show to buy Wyndtell. Then it became Sidekick. Now, it's Blackberry. I'll never go back to a Wyndtell pager or a Sidekick. What'll it be next year?

Yeah Sprint was selling blackberries like hotckakes at DeafNation Expo.

As the deaf world evolves, technology evolve, choices evolve too it seems Blackberry's making themselves a decent choice for the deaf.

I'm boggled by this trend since Blackberry was facing the economic firing squad just a few months ago.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
I'm boggled by this trend since Blackberry was facing the economic firing squad just a few months ago.

The way it was told to me when I brought that up, it sounded as if they had full confidence that RIM's lawsuits were never an issue. The Sprint reps I talked to, and one was a Mr. Arcia from NorCal, never waivered from "Blackberry's not going away."

Just like Microsoft was hit by all the lawsuits and anti-trust stuff a while back and keeps on trucking, I don't see RIM/Blackberry giving up the ghost just because they're the best at meeting people's needs today and thus the #1 target of frivolous lawsuits. The NTP suit should never have happened.

RebelGirl said:

That's not true. it is easy to get sk2 with no credit or bad credit. Tmobile does offer prepaid account. 8 months ago, I bought a sidekick 2 with bad credit. No activate fee, no contract, no hidden fee. All I do is pay 25, 50, 100 bucks. Just 1 buck a day which is cheaper than post-account.

VamPyroX said:
I got my Sidekick II for free with a $25 activation fee and $30 a month for unlimited data.

Everyone keeps saying that Blackberry has a better price deal, but it doesn't work out.

My first BB last year cost the same (free, $35 activation, $30 a month) so it is same as free SK2, which is hard to find lately.

HawaiiJo said:

Jo

I thought DeafNation just setup the show, and the exhibitors did the pushing. How is DeafNation pushing Blackberrys?

VamPyroX said:

Okay.. that's what they told me..

but besides that.. I already applied for sk2 for 99.00 after rebate of 50 dollars.. and they turned me down and i asked them why.. the guy said its because my credit was so-so.. and i said .. is that the reason i got turned down and he said yes. so I asked about the deposit.. they said its 500 for me in order to get one. i was like.. WTF?? so i left. that's how i ended up getting the blackberry.

i'm not saying i'm right.. i'm just saying what i've heard.

DefMATRIXense said:
That's not true. it is easy to get sk2 with no credit or bad credit. Tmobile does offer prepaid account. 8 months ago, I bought a sidekick 2 with bad credit. No activate fee, no contract, no hidden fee. All I do is pay 25, 50, 100 bucks. Just 1 buck a day which is cheaper than post-account.

I've never heard of that.. I do know if you don't want contract.. you pay in full at whatever cost they were selling plus activation fee. If you pick contract for 1 yr or 2yr.. its cheaper.. or else.. you just got lucky.

no its not easy for me to get one.. i've struggled to get one of my own for 3 years!

RebelGirl said:
I've never heard of that.. I do know if you don't want contract.. you pay in full at whatever cost they were selling plus activation fee. If you pick contract for 1 yr or 2yr.. its cheaper.. or else.. you just got lucky.

no its not easy for me to get one.. i've struggled to get one of my own for 3 years!
Tmobile reps are fucking morons. You should ask them that you want "pay to go". By the way, I didn't pay the full price. I bought sk2 from one fo my good friends for $175 bucks. All I do was purchase sim card and that's it. Actually, Pay to go is cheaper than 1 or two years contract. Everyone knows that.

P.S. you have to be there at one of those real tmobile stores.

dkf747 said:
I thought DeafNation just setup the show, and the exhibitors did the pushing. How is DeafNation pushing Blackberrys?
You are correct about DeafNation. If DeafNation were doing this practice, then they could be slapped with huge lawsuits by other exhibitors.

HawaiiJo said:

Jo
no not really push . that deafnation expo that provide for deaf & hard hearing get free blackberry or some buy on special sale on only booth .
Be honest sidekick and blackberry that both are very good . Only is your area that device can work . For sample sk or BB under T-mobile on your area not work then go get other BB on cingular or verizon or nextell that see if work on area . that way better than nothing .Remind I strong suggest take BB on any t-mobile or cingular or verizon or nextell depend on your area.

I stick w/blackberry reason why there have good roam coverage area pretty almost "full" includes outside of country only you can pay little bit extra cost.

Gotta love'em!

why complain for want Sidekick? You're talk about T-Mobile as know as the crap coverage include no coverage on two STATES!

Sprint are 90% coverage, anywhere you receive well. :/

Would like to get SK2 but I am hard of hearing and cant hear well from SK2 as I know BB I will be able to. Dunno why but it does. Weird

RebelGirl said:

Actually you can get Yahoo on your bb go to your Internet Browser then go to Free Downloads or something then download the Yahoo client. And as for AIM I use http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/

So check it out.

Back