Deaf Nation Expo/ All Deaf Meet up November Chicago, IL.

updated list. anybody else?
So Far:
Yes-
PFH
TheWriteAlex
Jiro
CandyBrownEyes
Rockdrummer

Maybe-
DGirl101 <--- Determined to be there!
Alleycat
Daredevil
Shel90

I am looking for volunteers. I need someone to pay for my food, my beer, my transportation, and my bail. Any takers? :lol:

since I'll be driving from NJ to Chicago.... is there anybody who needs a ride?

since I'll be driving from NJ to Chicago.... is there anybody who needs a ride?

Seriously? You're driving? That's a long drive, man. Does it work out to be cheaper on gas than buying a plane ticket? Though if you can bring along some East Coasters, that will bring down cost considerably.

But, uh, hey, pick me up in Lafayette on the way would ya? :wave:

Seriously? You're driving? That's a long drive, man. Does it work out to be cheaper on gas than buying a plane ticket? Though if you can bring along some East Coasters, that will bring down cost considerably.

But, uh, hey, pick me up in Lafayette on the way would ya? :wave:

oh I'm taking my time to drive there. I'm a long-distance driver anyway. I can drive 8-10 hrs no problem. Simple tips - eat light. take a few minutes break every couple hours.

Gonna take a day off or two to drive. No rush. Will do some sight-seeing here and there along the way. I expect to arrive on Friday and I think I will start driving on Wednesday late night. or maybe not. I'll figure it out later.

assuming that I drive straight from here to Chicago... it's about 800 miles - 13 hours. and assuming that I'm driving Nissan Xterra (which I haven't bought yet) - that will be about $200 for gas - roundtrip... more or less. If I were to ride on my motorcycle - it would cost me measly $70-90 roundtrip :lol:

I definitely want to go on my bike but I was told that it gets as cold as 30's in November. According to Chicago's weather history for November 6, 2009 - the mean temperature was 50 deg... 62 deg max... 37 deg min... Sounds manageable for me since my bike is fully-loaded to a certain degree. Wish I have a Goldwing :lol:

I've asked my Brooklyn friends to come long while back and they expressed an interest in it but I dunno about now. Probably not :dunno:

anyway - I can pick you up but I think I'll need to crash at your apt first before we head up to Chicago. anybody else (beside Daredevil)?

anyway - I can pick you up but I think I'll need to crash at your apt first before we head up to Chicago. anybody else (beside Daredevil)?

No problem. Mi casa es su casa. However, I'd like to make a strong case for you to drive down to Alabama first. :cool2:

I may go with Jiro to Chicago, as he said he could pick me up from CT and then to Chicago.

I may go with Jiro to Chicago, as he said he could pick me up from CT and then to Chicago.

Can't you take a train or something to NJ? Making poor ol' Jiro drive all the way to New Haven! Boo!

Hmm, under 21 is going to complicate things. You'll be able to eat with us, and probably even get into some bars that don't card at the door, but if they card, and a lot of them do, you're out of luck :(

Can't you take a train or something to NJ? Making poor ol' Jiro drive all the way to New Haven! Boo!

Hmm, under 21 is going to complicate things. You'll be able to eat with us, and probably even get into some bars that don't card at the door, but if they card, and a lot of them do, you're out of luck :(

Umm...well, if you guys are really planning on going to bars that card a lot...then I guess I shouldn't come to see you guys this time? Maybe next year, when I'm actually 21. I dunno..I don't think I look older than 21 or old enough to pass off without warranting any questions.

Umm...well, if you guys are really planning on going to bars that card a lot...then I guess I shouldn't come to see you guys this time? Maybe next year, when I'm actually 21. I dunno..I don't think I look older than 21 or old enough to pass off without warranting any questions.

they only look at the year. since you don't drive - you really need to go to DMV asap and get the non-driver photo ID card.

they only look at the year. since you don't drive - you really need to go to DMV asap and get the non-driver photo ID card.

I was born in May 1990...so the earliest for anybody to turn 21 in 1990 is the January 1st people...so yeah......

Chicago Cards pretty hard there... just saying.. Im older ish and I get carded everywhere there... well except the places I frequent. But most places card at the door unless you are there for dinner or before like 9, but the heavy populated bar areas have door guys there quite a bit.

Chicago Cards pretty hard there... just saying.. Im older ish and I get carded everywhere there... well except the places I frequent. But most places card at the door unless you are there for dinner or before like 9, but the heavy populated bar areas have door guys there quite a bit.

A friend of mine did that. She went and had dinner before nine and waited around. She wanted to hang out with her friends but she was under 21 years old.

Back