Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No I have never studied a Martial Art

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No but I am interested to learn someday

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No I have no interest at all

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
I took karate, tai kwon do, arnis when I was young. Now I would like to take tai chi. Better for old bones and tired muscles they say.

I took karate, tai kwon do, arnis when I was young. Now I would like to take tai chi. Better for old bones and tired muscles they say.

To me Tai Chi is like doing a long slow kata... but not exactly.
It is an excellent art for older folks... but watch the movements... speed them up and it's a devastating fighting style.

The thing with Tai Chi for me was the movements, initially, are meant to be relatively slow in comparison to something like TKD, etc., so for me as someone with LD who has difficulty with spatial orientation, the slowness helped me to learn what I have. With martial arts, I agree, DeafCaver, people of all different abilities and needs can learn and apply techniques, in ways appropriate for them, that's one of the great advantages of MA's

do you realise marital arts, mean art of war, martial is war, or prepare for war its a military related term, doesnt court-martial means anything? of course it does, court of war!, the courts for those who cheated the 'game of war' yes they seem to have rules, even so war is deemed as 'legalised war'.
i did more than judo but im not interested to share the details

do you realise marital arts, mean art of war, martial is war, or prepare for war its a military related term, doesnt court-martial means anything? of course it does, court of war!, the courts for those who cheated the 'game of war' yes they seem to have rules, even so war is deemed as 'legalised war'.
i did more than judo but im not interested to share the details

and arts mean beauty and creativity... Majority of martial arts are for exercise and/or therapeutic purpose. It can be considered as dancing.

and arts mean beauty and creativity... Majority of martial arts are for exercise and/or therapeutic purpose. It can be considered as dancing.

its naive to think that.
Of course its been made beautified, and these so-called therapeutic function really has a hidden purpose - to heal during the war, even in the battlefield, to rip off gullible public since i know hardly any of those 'civil use' of martial arts therapeutic uses ever works. People get lured in these so call magical healing powers and mythical benefits is really accounted from people's own will power to heal themselve doing such exercises. I bet you none of these will cure cancer, not cure depression.
the dancing bit has alot to do with 'celebration' as a kind of 'we are the best' "we can hurt others at will' 'the triumph of the adversary in a way to reaffirm them believe their own styles of fighting is the treasure - some culture wil go as far as attaching its magical gifts from certain animals, even worship the animal (s)! the chinese are particularly famous for that. the dragon dancing isnt just what they do in streets to make beautiful festive movements/display in a celebration. It is also part of the shaolin kung fu (hardwork) significance. Dragon is one 'such animal' that kung fu has based itself on, pray mantis, snake,crane (bird), bear, monkey and so on and on

Taichi looks beautiful (it can be) but it is also a slow form of deadly movements mimicking certain animal behaviour -again chinese studied animals movements and incorporated into their own 'culture'
the major for exercise LOL, something like that, it is also had to be 'beautiful' in order to sell, no wonder we have many rich asians in the west they held classes just for that, not impressive. its fraud in my opinion

FRAUUUUUUUUD?

HOLD THE PRESSES!

Tell us more, are we being controlled by a world government of oompa loompas?

No never. but my cousin is amature boxer. he gave me self defence lessons.
he taught me how to punch and were to punch. how and were to kick! and how to bring the knee up so as to make any grown guy cry:giggle:

its naive to think that.
Of course its been made beautified, and these so-called therapeutic function really has a hidden purpose - to heal during the war, even in the battlefield, to rip off gullible public since i know hardly any of those 'civil use' of martial arts therapeutic uses ever works. People get lured in these so call magical healing powers and mythical benefits is really accounted from people's own will power to heal themselve doing such exercises. I bet you none of these will cure cancer, not cure depression.
the dancing bit has alot to do with 'celebration' as a kind of 'we are the best' "we can hurt others at will' 'the triumph of the adversary in a way to reaffirm them believe their own styles of fighting is the treasure - some culture wil go as far as attaching its magical gifts from certain animals, even worship the animal (s)! the chinese are particularly famous for that. the dragon dancing isnt just what they do in streets to make beautiful festive movements/display in a celebration. It is also part of the shaolin kung fu (hardwork) significance. Dragon is one 'such animal' that kung fu has based itself on, pray mantis, snake,crane (bird), bear, monkey and so on and on

Taichi looks beautiful (it can be) but it is also a slow form of deadly movements mimicking certain animal behaviour -again chinese studied animals movements and incorporated into their own 'culture'
the major for exercise LOL, something like that, it is also had to be 'beautiful' in order to sell, no wonder we have many rich asians in the west they held classes just for that, not impressive. its fraud in my opinion

do you realize that I can easily kill you with just a mere puff out of my mouth? that's the artistic way of neutralizing the threat

ancient_kung_fu_master_pai_mei.jpg

I remember I went to Karate (and Fencing) classes when I was in 8th grade. Boy, it was fun...
I don't think I will karate again because of my age but fencing, I will!

do you realize that I can easily kill you with just a mere puff out of my mouth? that's the artistic way of neutralizing the threat

ancient_kung_fu_master_pai_mei.jpg

would someone please ram a bar of soap into Jiro mouth? it reeks of nuked stomuch pus:barf: wheeew i survived that one

ah pai mei from Kill Bill...its all mythical hoo-haa, it wouldnt go THAT far LOL...but it's true an 80 yo wing chun sifu/grandmaster would be so impressive i've had my share of experiences, one of which is a 1-inch punch and i blew back across the entire room (phone book on my chest)

would someone please ram a bar of soap into Jiro mouth? it reeks of nuked stomuch pus:barf: wheeew i survived that one

ah pai mei from Kill Bill...its all mythical warmongering asians likes to think of themselves so great

:lol:

i did, only in my dreams 2 reasons id never do it, the exam fee for this is NZD$4,500 no joke and 2) im not good enough
slinks back very:Oops:

anyway im over with martial arts, i have no real reason to learn it if need self defense, id learn something on the likes of jujitstu (wing chun is easy to learn but difficult to master its all down to how you are able to train your nervous system, and for that very few can go up that level. me? nope) and handgun shooting, (in the case of civil war id' quickly learn C4 bomb making) anything else would be a waste of time

anyway im over with martial arts, i have no real reason to learn it if need self defense, id learn something on the likes of jujitstu (wing chun is easy to learn but difficult to master its all down to how you are able to train your nervous system, and for that very few can go up that level. me? nope) and handgun shooting, (in the case of civil war id' quickly learn C4 bomb making) anything else would be a waste of time

the only way to learn C4 bomb making is to join military :aw:

Back