"Deaf-friendly" Law Schools?

I was a young kid and I saw there are two deaf girls enrolled in the law school from the University of California, Los Angeles. I am not quite sure if you want to apply or not there.

Is really UCLA and UC Berkeley are top public schools in the US? And considered as public ivy?

Thank you everybody for all of the information. It's very helpful and encouraging to know about these things.

Get into a 'Top 20' law school if you can, preferably a state-supported school in the state you live in. Otherwise, the glut of recent law school graduates will outcompete you in the job market.

From every recent grad I've talked to, they've had a very very difficult time trying to find jobs. One gal I know who graduated in May talked about her struggles yesterday and it was very depressing to hear her talk about it. Whole bunch of debt too. Gives me pause, but it's not an issue at the moment as I am still in the process of applying and not accepting any offers yet.

Yep, it is true. It is extremely competitive. Like I said my HOH friend (CA native) graduated last year. It took him a year to find a job. He found it in Utah. He is studying now for Utah bar. His friends graduated two years ago, and are still seeking a job in CA. Some of CA natives are forced to look for out of state jobs.

I think your friends could try out of state jobs.

It's hard to get in, for an out-of-state student, but University of Texas at Austin is well known for its law school and being deaf-friendly. Good Luck...We need deaf lawyers.

I've heard this as well. Austin is very deaf-friendly, that's for sure...and U.T. is very familiar with providing services for deaf/hh students...if you're a resident of Texas for a year, you may qualify for reduced, or even FREE, school through the vocational rehab' services.

Something to consider...

Back