deaf driving school?

Do you think each states should setup an deaf driver school?

• Total voters
I vote no because I don't think it's really neccessary and everyone to be "pity" for deaf people.

I learned all the rules of the road and stuff from my instructor at my deaf school, though I took the written test with the same level as hearing people read. I didn't take the driver's test with my instructor because he was taking too long so I went to DMV with my mom and used mom's car and passed my driver test with hearing instructor, all they do is use some hand language and tell me where to go and what to do and I understood him clearly and passed the test with one mistake.

I think they just should continue with drivers education for deaf people and let people take their own real driver's test on their own.

Funny thing, my friend went to CSDF last month and he saw the SAME old drivers education car since we last saw it when we graduated in 1996. That car is a 1993 Ford Taurus and they haven't replaced it yet.

I had driving school in high school with interprter. 4 months course. Got mine DL at 16 and barely pass!!! 76... near failing!!!
I had driving school in high school without interpreters and got 100 on my driving test. :)

Basically, she told me all instructions before I drove or would tell me if I was on a long road where there was no conflicts.

For instance, she would tell me to drive to the stop sign and then turn right. She would remind me to watch for the stop sign and to look both directions before turning. Another time, I would be on the highway and there's no cars around. So, she would point at the next exit ramp and tell me to exit. No problem. :)

I had driving school in high school without interpreters and got 100 on my driving test. :)

Basically, she told me all instructions before I drove or would tell me if I was on a long road where there was no conflicts.

For instance, she would tell me to drive to the stop sign and then turn right. She would remind me to watch for the stop sign and to look both directions before turning. Another time, I would be on the highway and there's no cars around. So, she would point at the next exit ramp and tell me to exit. No problem. :)
I don't think they should make a "deaf driving school". If they did, they would have to make a "blind driving school" or a "handicapped driving school".

what the hell? a driving school for the deaf? geez how hard is it to learn to drive a car??

go drive a go-kart..its easy!

find an empty parking lot and learn it.

get a parents or someone who knows ASL to show you how to drive.

I don't think they should make a "deaf driving school". If they did, they would have to make a "blind driving school" or a "handicapped driving school".

I agree, It shouldn´t more "blind driving school" or HC driving school"... but my hearing friend Martin is blind. he is good playing with Kayak on wildwater river. My eyes fall off. I can´t believe, he does.. but follow front with his friend, his friend has holding "Bell" on his wrist. Martin can hear, where is his friend on way river? cool!!! hat up!

Well, I support yes, didn't think of Deaf school should provide that as well, they should include adults too because I know some adult haven't had their DL even past when they are 30 yrs old.

I took DL exam 23 years ago, I failed written test three times, so I decided to go out to place where they have computer with Multiple choices. I passed!

Then make a long story short, I was driving with my learner permit and no one was riding with me and I got into accident... It wasn't my fault though because that guy who rammed into me apologized for going though red light and himself was a banker! I didn't say a word because my mind was like shyt shyt shyt I don't have anyone riding with me as required so I just smiled and he gave me all the information, I just simply gave him the car insurance, and phone number to contact.

Thank god cops was not there, so I decided to find the easiest place to pass road test. I had no choice but DO IT right away, I was able to get compact car, then gone to the road test. I should have failed because I didn't use turn signal, and was somewhat speeding. The examiner did NOT even pay attention to my driving. He had his eyes glued on paperwork while with me! Two of my friends witness me and told me I will FAIL, no question. So, when I got the learner permit back, it was stamped "PASSED" and I showed to my friends, they both :jaw::jaw:

So, I never was caught, whew because if I do get caught I will be charged not that banker guy even though he ran into red light.

Back