Deaf culture facts that might surprise you

I know I am great because I don't break laws, a contributing citizen who pays taxes, put my children first, and go to work like I am supposed to do.

I don't see how that makes you a great person. I've been arrested for something I didn't have anything to do with but I'm still a great person. I don't have a job because of medical reasons but I'm still a great person. I take care of my dad and help my family to the best of my abilities.

Point is none of that make you great. There are rapist that do all the things you do so does that make them a great person?

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

you not told us anything we did't alreay know and could be seen as little patronizing...I think you must be very young girl

I think this was more so for hearies and people trying to learn about deaf culture. Like fact of the day cards, I already no most of the facts but that doesn't make it not a fact. So to insinuate this per s on is "very young" isn't a fair statement.

I think this was more so for hearies and people trying to learn about deaf culture. Like fact of the day cards, I already no most of the facts but that doesn't make it not a fact. So to insinuate this per s on is "very young" isn't a fair statement.

She didn't insinuate at all. She made a very direct statement.

She didn't insinuate at all. She made a very direct statement.

By her saying "I think" made it more insinuating v.s direct. And even to be direct about it is is almost insulting when you think about it. I'm a grown woman and if someone that doesn't know me stated or insinuated I must be young cause of a comment/post then I would feel insulted.

I say this because this happens to me all the time. I've had statements and insinuations towards me because I'm a small person I must be young since I look and still dress pretty young. Or I get things like "I'll never have a real job" because of all of my tattoos and piercings when they don't even know I was active duty Army with these same tattoos. In my uniform the same people look at me a totally different way.

Saying something that is not a true fact is taken as an insinuation. That's not always the best move.

Im great cuz i.break laws, have nothing to loose and dont give a ****......
Gotta light?

I aint so great early in morning or late at night, Those instructions could be classed as patronizing but on the other hand I surpose they got to be read and understood by cops nurses doctors etc.
if WANT MEET DEAF PEOPLE go to deaf events they have events for hearies just look on internet

I seen many deaf guys taking piss out of hearies it two way thing.swift kick in nuts would cure it deaf or hearing

I think OP trying be helpful let us not be spiteful..We moan when people don't do it right now we moaning bc somebody trying to address it

In all my life, honestly some deaf people who are uneducated don't think twice before they talk. "OMG, you old already", "Wow, you fat" and so on. Guess why. They are uneducated. Nobody taught them how to be polite.

As for calling a hearing person, for example, I try to call him/her with a low voice, I don't get the attention so I try with a medium voice, still s/he doesn't hear me. Then I yell and s/he gets pissed off that I scare him/her. I am like "WTF". For example, "Bob", no he keeps walking away, "Bob", it's still not working so I try "Bob". I scare the sh*t out of him. What? He didn't hear me the first two times.

Last edited:
Your old and fat?
I figured you were young and slim due to yoir avatar..mmmmm

I dunno......that your crazy and name is paul....
Yes i know...
Im psychic.....

I thought both paul and hoichi were both young and slim.Now seems hoichi banned from states and paul not young and slim has friend called bob who he scares sh*t out of...Getting everything wrong today:)

I am young and slim,just banned from states...
paul will siGn for paul,

I thought both paul and hoichi were both young and slim.Now seems hoichi banned from states and paul not young and slim has friend called bob who he scares sh*t out of...Getting everything wrong today:)
You got it right. I am not young and slim. However, Bob is my co-worker, not a friend.

Hoichi banned from the states (meaning USA?)? What's going on? Is he a terrorist?

You got it right. I am not young and slim. However, Bob is my co-worker, not a friend.

Hoichi banned from the states (meaning USA?)? What's going on? Is he a terrorist?

maybe he was misbehaved with USA for some reasons.. not a terriost, that is for sure.

I was young and stupid,now im young and less stupid...but the way it works is once you do your time, and the states deports you, then you cant get back in, uness you get a pardon, which i did, but i was still young and stupid, so.....
I cant cross.the border ever.again, unless i marry an american,and even then,,,its a maybe......oh america i miss you so....
Now back fo.crazy paul...

it states wont let him in,i so curious(nosey)he no say i try squeeze it out of him

Back