Deaf Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pastor is truly humble and Ive grown so much in the Lord because of him. We talk alot and we respect each other. Hes never gone to seminary and yet is one of the most Godliest pastors I know and I know many. Trust me the roles are not reversed. I also hold him in high regard.

My Pastor is truly humble and Ive grown so much in the Lord because of him. We talk alot and we respect each other. Hes never gone to seminary and yet is one of the most Godliest pastors I know and I know many. Trust me the roles are not reversed. I also hold him in high regard.
Then you should ask him for advice, and discuss your plans with him.

First of all, you have opened a can of worms, Chuck. Second of all, I am a Christian. Thirdly, there are no denominations in Christianity according to the Bible. Lastly but not least, I read only the KJV since it is the most accurate translation of the Hebrew Bible. Also, KJV is the easiest Bible version to understand based on a study that examined readability of several versions. You can read the study with the link given below:

Flescher-Kincaid Readability Study on the King James Bible

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

respectyoda said:
First of all, you have opened a can of worms, Chuck. Second of all, I am a Christian. Thirdly, there are no denominations in Christianity according to the Bible. Lastly but not least, I read only the KJV since it is the most accurate translation of the Hebrew Bible. Also, KJV is the easiest Bible version to understand based on a study that examined readability of several versions. You can read the study with the link given below:

Flescher-Kincaid Readability Study on the King James Bible

Actually - the KJV is actually one of the less accurate translations. It was created to provide a very specific version and translation of the Latin text into English for the King as a way to mould his subjects into he specifically held.

For this reason, most Seminaries use the NRSV as the primary (English) text since it's actually significantly more "true" in meaning than the KJV.

The KJV wasn't modelled after the Hebrew - it was modelled after the Latin, then altered further (causing many misinterpretations and mistakes in the text - some accidentally due to poor translation, others for less virtous reasons.

It's important to understand the history of the various versions, as well as the "lean" they have ... Each is slightly different for a very specific reason.

BTW - the Bible (Xtn) was primarily written in Aramaic & Greek as well as some Hebrew.

All this is common knowledge to any one of any denomination who's attended Seminary.

Actually - the KJV is actually one of the less accurate translations. It was created to provide a very specific version and translation of the Latin text into English for the King as a way to mould his subjects into he specifically held.

For this reason, most Seminaries use the NRSV as the primary (English) text since it's actually significantly more "true" in meaning than the KJV.

The KJV wasn't modelled after the Hebrew - it was modelled after the Latin, then altered further (causing many misinterpretations and mistakes in the text - some accidentally due to poor translation, others for less virtous reasons.

It's important to understand the history of the various versions, as well as the "lean" they have ... Each is slightly different for a very specific reason.

BTW - the Bible (Xtn) was primarily written in Aramaic & Greek as well as some Hebrew.

All this is common knowledge to any one of any denomination who's attended Seminary.

The statement of yours that I have highlighted is merely an opinion and cannot be supported.

KJV is actually the most accurate translation of the Bible that was translated into Hebrew, Latin, and Greek. The Bible has been translated into many versions of which many are perverted. Many versions alter certain key words that impact the meaning of the scriptures.

Many seminaries will claim to know which version to use in order to teach God's Word. Now, with NRSV, there are serious problems with this version. There is the removal of Messianic material and also, there is over-emasculation.

Like I said before, Chuck, you have opened a can of worms!

My father was in seminary years and years ago at a Catholic seminary and they only used KJV. Now, I am not stating my denomination as Dad did not stay with the Catholic faith.

My maternal grandfather was also a preacher and he used the RSV and the KJV.

Churches I have been to in Missouri used the NIV and here in Florida the ones I have been to use KJV.

Please dont derail my thread by commenting about which translation is the most accurate. Im here with my questions as a surveyor would be.

My father was in seminary years and years ago at a Catholic seminary and they only used KJV. Now, I am not stating my denomination as Dad did not stay with the Catholic faith.

My maternal grandfather was also a preacher and he used the RSV and the KJV.

Churches I have been to in Missouri used the NIV and here in Florida the ones I have been to use KJV.

Catholic seminaries never use the King James bible.

It's the anti Catholic! :lol:

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

So Yoda - you've attended Seminary ?

My post isn't opinion, it's based from years of Seminary study as well as the works of numerous very well respected past and present theologians. It has nothing to do with denominations and everything to do with accurate historical fact (all of which is readily available to the public).

If you've attended formal Seminary and theologian College study I'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

Pardon me if I took this wrong, but I still have the Bible my father used in the seminary and it is KJV. I also have one he had that is called "The Catholic Bible". I am a collector of them and have about 100 copies of the bible in numerous translations.

Pardon me if I took this wrong, but I still have the Bible my father used in the seminary and it is KJV. I also have one he had that is called "The Catholic Bible". I am a collector of them and have about 100 copies of the bible in numerous translations.

Not at all. You are an idiot . The KJV is a Protestant bible.

Agreed. I'm Catholic and we use the Vulgate version. The KJV had a few books removed from the original Vulgate bible. The Vulgate is more complete. I'm not saying it's better than KJV, just different with the amount of books.

I look up in my Catholic book. Funny, it does not mention what kind of Bible it say. I never much paid attention to that. All it say that it is a Catholic edition including the Deuterocanonical Books of the Living Bible. I used to read KJV and it was not that bad. I have been a Catholic all my life since I was a baby. So I don't know. :hmm:

Can we not insult each other? Am I asking for the impossible?

Well, talking about the Bibles can open a can of worms and that will get us in trouble for it. **sigh**

$(KGrHqV,!h0E69GEjPHrBOy-LbN5-Q~~60_1.JPG

Know what's funny? The word 'Catholic' does not appear in the Bible even once!

Well, talking about the Bibles can open a can of worms and that will get us in trouble for it. **sigh**

That's precisely the reason why I told Chuck that he was opening a can of worms!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back