Deaf Chiropractor???

chirowife03

Reaction score
Hello-
I posted my introduction to your site earlier and thought I would just post real quick if anyone knows of any deaf Chiropractors?

It is important that I find one for my husband who is deaf/hoh and in Chiropractic College now.

Thank you for your time-

Penni

Ohhh..
I would love to have Deaf Chiropractor.. I often gone to have treatment average 1-2 times in 3 months.. for my lower back and my neck.. and kids need adjustments too.. hehe

But I dont see or know anyone who is Deaf Chiropractor!!

If your husband finish and passed degree into chriopractor.. move to Minnesota lol

Hey my dad is a chiropractor and i know sign language...im hoping when my schooling is done to work in his office and be able to interpret for his deaf patients...if you cant find a deaf chiro maybe just find one who is happy to work with the deaf. :)

Hello-
I posted my introduction to your site earlier and thought I would just post real quick if anyone knows of any deaf Chiropractors?

It is important that I find one for my husband who is deaf/hoh and in Chiropractic College now.

Thank you for your time-

Penni

I would suggest contacting the professional organizations for chiropractors in your area. The college may also be of some help in locating one to mentor.

I would suggest contacting the professional organizations for chiropractors in your area. The college may also be of some help in locating one to mentor.

Sorry to tell you, but you're replying to a zombie thread :P

I'm aware of the posts from years ago, but that is awesome! A deaf chiropractor... what a career!

Just thought of something...and don't throw tomatoes at me for asking out loud. But what if the patient yells "Stop! That hurts!" and the chiropractor is...deaf. Could it, hypothetically, be a liability? I'm not trying to be an audist, although the line of thinking is audism-like, but can we ask that question? How would he accommodate the work environment to assure the safety of the patients. Communication is very important in this line of work...

Ok, dodging from the rotten vegetables. *Ducking*

Just thought of something...and don't throw tomatoes at me for asking out loud. But what if the patient yells "Stop! That hurts!" and the chiropractor is...deaf. Could it, hypothetically, be a liability? I'm not trying to be an audist, although the line of thinking is audism-like, but can we ask that question? How would he accommodate the work environment to assure the safety of the patients. Communication is very important in this line of work...

Ok, dodging from the rotten vegetables. *Ducking*

You are definitely right, but it's not only this job, but many kinds of other jobs. There must be a way around as there's contacts instead of glasses to meet people's likings. Alternatives! in this case, perhaps a button for the patient to hold that would "lit" up from a sensor where the deaf chiropractor could see? I dunno, but do you think there's NO deaf chiropractor in the world? After all, that guy found an alternative way and still stick to his career!

I just searched a chiropractor on this forum so I happened to read it. I hope that we will have many deaf chiropractors in several states coming up. It would be so great! Even, hearing chiropractors know the signs - it is great, too!

My ego chiropractor is usually a jerk, but he has good skills.

But what if the patient yells "Stop! That hurts!" and the chiropractor is...deaf. Could it, hypothetically, be a liability? I'm not trying to be an audist, although the line of thinking is audism-like, but can we ask that question? How would he accommodate the work environment to assure the safety of the patients. Communication is very important in this line of work...

When there is an obstacle, alwasy come up with a solution rather than back down. There is a couple of solutions I could think of:

1. the chiro can have mirrors so he/she can see the client's face

2. the client can tap on the table so to let the chiro know to stop (wrestlers and karate people tap on the floor or their opponents)

Additionally, the client will also have body language clues that show the chiro he/she is experiencing pain.

I notice it not much on deaf and hearing community reason on suck my service not enough!

hard to communication!

There is deaf chiropractor with certification, he is in Oklahoma City. Someone tell me he did a good job.

Back