deaf block communication to hearing people?

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
Reaction score
that is complicate to deaf block communication to hearing people. That is not easy perfect. why difficult to say how tell to you know hearing doesn't know what if you know having problem on your really having ploblem reason you know english difficult. really you help teach tell to you having problem on block communication hearing people. I experience to people really study deaf culture..

I was mainstreamed and learned how to write, as well as in college.

My girlfriend writes like you do and when I tell her how bad it is, she laughs about it. Well, this fall, she's going back to college and hopefully she'll learn how to write.

By the way, it has NOTHING to do with deaf vs. hearing people. Hearing people don't care about deaf culture and never will. Do deaf need to know how to write properly? YES!!

Just so you know, some hearing people do care about Deaf culture (like me for example)
:)

That's true and I don't disagree. However, if any deaf person goes to college and writes like that, as I told my then-girlfriend, any instructor or professor will throw the paper back at the deaf person and order it rewritten.

However, if any deaf person goes to college and writes like that, as I told my then-girlfriend, any instructor or professor will throw the paper back at the deaf person and order it rewritten.

:shock: Where did you get that information from?

A respectable instructor and professor will not throw anything to anyone at any college institution.

There are Disability services in colleges and they will facilitate the Deaf students' writing capabilities.

That's true and I don't disagree. However, if any deaf person goes to college and writes like that, as I told my then-girlfriend, any instructor or professor will throw the paper back at the deaf person and order it rewritten.

If an instructor or professor is in the field of throwing papers back at their students, then they need to be terminated from their professions.

Psst, perhaps, go easy on the girlfriend and encourage her in a positive way instead of that comments.

geez i can smell another fight coming along....

as for travis's question i think other way around, hearing people block deaf people from English because they assume deaf people Have to speak before learning to write!
in other words, hearing people have the problem, not deaf, but the consequence of this is deaf people end up having problems because no body taught us! (this is old fashioned but alot of it still rings true to this day).
my 3 cents

If an instructor or professor is in the field of throwing papers back at their students, then they need to be terminated from their professions.

Maybe you're visually thinking it? What he meant is that the professor will hand it back to the person and ask them to re-write it. I seen professors do this with international students and people with dyslexia.

He didn't LITERALLY means throw it back at the person.

geez i can smell another fight coming along....

as for travis's question i think other way around, hearing people block deaf people from English because they assume deaf people Have to speak before learning to write!
in other words, hearing people have the problem, not deaf, but the consequence of this is deaf people end up having problems because no body taught us! (this is old fashioned but alot of it still rings true to this day).
my 3 cents
There was a time when one of my professors was doing teacher-student meetings during the middle of the quarter to review how things were going. The first thing she talked about with every student was a 10-page research paper that she had the whole class do.

The very first thing she asked me was if my mom helped me with my paper. I was speechless... my mom? I told her that my mom didn't help me. She then asked if I had help from a tutor. No. Another teacher? No. Another student? No. She then explained that my paper was well-written and it was better than the rest of the class. She said that most of the deaf students wrote their papers better than the hearing students (10 8 deaf students and 42 hearing students).

Also, when it comes to reading and writing... NTID is very strict with their assessment tests for the deaf students than RIT is for hearing students. I think that's how it is for the other colleges as well (colleges that have hearing and deaf programs).

Psst, perhaps, go easy on the girlfriend and encourage her in a positive way instead of that comments.

Tried that, all I got was laughed at.

By the way, "throwing it back" doesn't mean literally. Any reputable college/university will have, within a few days of the start of a new semester, a representative from a writing center on campus to encourage all students to come in for help in writing. The people there won't do your work for you, but will help you make sense in the paper.

If I didn't care about deaf culture I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be learning sign, I wouldn't be taking a culture class, and I wouldn't explain it to my hearie friends.. Assumptions are bad

I was mainstreamed and learned how to write, as well as in college.

My girlfriend writes like you do and when I tell her how bad it is, she laughs about it. Well, this fall, she's going back to college and hopefully she'll learn how to write.

By the way, it has NOTHING to do with deaf vs. hearing people. Hearing people don't care about deaf culture and never will. Do deaf need to know how to write properly? YES!!

Tried that, all I got was laughed at.

By the way, "throwing it back" doesn't mean literally. Any reputable college/university will have, within a few days of the start of a new semester, a representative from a writing center on campus to encourage all students to come in for help in writing. The people there won't do your work for you, but will help you make sense in the paper.

Ok i understand what you mean "literally' but i realize that you did try that before with her. then there is nothing you can do about it. its her decision.

should be communication to help you understand literacy and english hearing people didn't understand really hard communication to clear word means word. i ask people help teach me..

Back