Deaf Apple Forum/Discussion

"192.168.1.2 device is using wifi." What device does it mean? My iphone? My iphone has wifi symbol on it while my modem and router were disconnected, but eventually it went back to LTE symbol. Is it that point to my iphone? I really don't know.

I could be wrong but it could be possible that your iphone searched and found an unsecured wifi point nearby since your WiFi dropped/disconnected.

Hmm I may have to keep an eye on mine- can't remember how old it is but it is at least 3 years old. I almost thought it was dying as my wifi kept dropping but it turned out that the only time it did do that was when the phone rang. Ended up disconnecting the cordless phone in my "office" as the 2.4gz interfered with the wifi signal when it rings. Never use that phone anyway lol.

Mostly routers WIFI got worn out around 3-6 years depend how much heavy you use. Time to replace the new router for you.
What highlander said, and I saw your facebook post. Yep, the router of yours is just planning it's retirement, time for a replacement!

I want a new MBP but it's up in the air whether the new models with Broadwell chips will be out this year or not.

Waiting for Broadwell MBP Thread - MacRumors Forums

Some people say there's not much difference between Broadwell and the current Haswell processors apart from power consumption and heat but yeah... those are kind of big things with laptops. My MBP overheats and turns itself off sometimes during the summer if I'm playing a high-end game.

I want a new MBP but it's up in the air whether the new models with Broadwell chips will be out this year or not.

Waiting for Broadwell MBP Thread - MacRumors Forums

Some people say there's not much difference between Broadwell and the current Haswell processors apart from power consumption and heat but yeah... those are kind of big things with laptops. My MBP overheats and turns itself off sometimes during the summer if I'm playing a high-end game.

New Core i5 and Core i7 Haswell processors for new MacBook Pros.
Intel rolls out faster Haswell CPUs possibly bound for MacBook Pro refresh

But Broadwell won't be coming out until the end of this year/early next year. Intel is focusing most of their efforts into reducing power consumption and improving their integrated graphics.

MBPs are long overdue for a refresh but when you know there's an even better chip due very soon, would you wait? Thing is, the next one beyond Broadwell (Skylake) is meant to be end of 2015.

Broadwell U 2+3 dual-core chips with GT3 (HD 5000 or Iris) graphics, likely slated for use in the MacBook Air and the 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, won't be ready to ship until February of 2015. The Broadwell H 4+3e quad-core chips with Iris Pro graphics designed for the larger Retina MacBook Pro and iMac won't be shipping until July 2015 at the earliest.

Intel's Broadwell Chips for Most Macs Not Shipping Until Early to Mid 2015 - Mac Rumors

I have to post this dumb question for you... sorry.

I downloaded Galladuet Font for my Word. But, I can not find the Gallaudet Font on my iphone or ipad. I did search for it on Apps, but no results.

Why? Because I saw Pharrell Williams, singer, posted "Happy" in sign language on his iphone on his twitter.

I was like WTF? If you know, please guide me to where I can find it. :ty:

Use spotlight search and the search will find it (a magifying glass logo is on the top right corner of your iMac)

I have to post this dumb question for you... sorry.

I downloaded Galladuet Font for my Word. But, I can not find the Gallaudet Font on my iphone or ipad. I did search for it on Apps, but no results.

Why? Because I saw Pharrell Williams, singer, posted "Happy" in sign language on his iphone on his twitter.

I was like WTF? If you know, please guide me to where I can find it. :ty:

No idea about ASL fonts app for iOS and Google Play.

Wonder if the "happy" had been uploaded to his phone because doing a search in the App Store didn't net me any results either.

I didn't know apples could hear in the first place. what amazing fruit

If you have problem with your iPhone 5 (not S and C) s battery life between when purchased it between September 2012 and January 2013, you can be eligible for free battery replacement.

Having iPhone 5 battery problems? You could be eligible for a free battery replacement

I still have problem with short battery life. I will go to Apple store to replace new one soon.

New 1440mAh Internal Replacement 3 8V Li ion Battery for iPhone 5 5g GSM CDMA | eBay

Not bad price.

If you have problem with your iPhone 5 (not S and C) s battery life between when purchased it between September 2012 and January 2013, you can be eligible for free battery replacement.

Having iPhone 5 battery problems? You could be eligible for a free battery replacement

I still have problem with short battery life. I will go to Apple store to replace new one soon.

I did put my serial number on the box and It is not one of them who are defective. Interesting.

I did put my serial number on the box and It is not one of them who are defective. Interesting.

I went to Apple store in few hours ago. They checked battery test on my iPhone 5. Found it that s weak battery. not so worse. But they don't have new battery pack in stock and order more battery. They will let me know when will it be ready to replace it soon.

You can go to Apple store to check your battery test.

My old iPhone 5, may have that issue so I sent this link to my roommate, who now owns it (I sold it to him) to get it checked.

Back