daylight savings time - which favor backward or forward ahead one hour?

Vanessa8

Reaction score
1896848_802177353145688_1100144912_n.jpg

Some of you like backward or forward ahead of the clock. Tell me why you like? For me don't mind but confuse day and night. :ugh2:

I don't like it at all. I would like to keep the same time all year.

I hate losing an hour...but I enjoy having an "extra" hour of daylight during the summer time.....

When we go forward we lose an hour sleep. I do like that it stays lighter out later. Hubby likes that he can do yard work after working all day. Free's up the weekend to have some fun.

I remember in school that canada invented the whole time zone thing
That said
That has nothing to do with this thread but it's food for thought

It is a few weeks later if you are in Europe or Asia and Aprilish in most Southern Hemisphere countries that practice it.
Makes for some utterly complicated corporate email announcements.

I prefer when it ends for that one Monday that feels like you get to sleep in.
But the extra sunshine will be nice this time around.

Last edited:
It is a few weeks later if you are in Europe or Asia and Aprilish in most Western Hemisphere countries that practice it.
Makes for some utterly complicated corporate email announcements.

I prefer when it ends for that one Monday that feels like you get to sleep in.
But the extra sunshine will be nice this time around.
my day light savings ends here in April - Im in Australia :cool2:

I like one extra hr of staying late and sleep late lolol :giggle:

Fuzzy

It is meant to conserve energy. Perhaps, in this age of computers, we should re-evaluate it. Still, conserving energy(natural resources) is an admirable goal.

my day light savings ends here in April - Im in Australia :cool2:

Oh there also change time in Australia on April. I look the map close asia Philippines and else. There was not have change clock time... Interesting!

It is meant to conserve energy. Perhaps, in this age of computers, we should re-evaluate it. Still, conserving energy(natural resources) is an admirable goal.

Can you tell me more about it... I keep ponder all the time why had change clock time.. Maybe because of earth little bit down the pole to the sun. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!

Google is your friend: The History of Daylight Saving Time

Take note of this portion:

The idea of daylight saving time was first conceived by Benjamin Franklin in 1784 during his stay in Paris. He published an essay titled “An Economical Project for Diminishing the Cost of Light” that proposed to economize the use of candles by rising earlier to make use of the morning sunlight.

Can you tell me more about it... I keep ponder all the time why had change clock time.. Maybe because of earth little bit down the pole to the sun. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!

I'd vote to do away with DST. We really dont need it anymore. California did a study saying it doesnt really save energy. I agree since in winter the lights and heat goes on in morning since its darker and when kids come home from sports practice or other after school activities, lights and heat goes on anyways. No point in DST. Our energy grid is resilient now.

Back