Day one

I know the feeling.

When I got my digital hearing aids for the first time, I tried the crowd mode when I was in a loud restaurant. Suddenly, the loud noises died down to a quiet mumble... and I could hear myself stirring my iced tea loud and clear! (In case you're wondering what crowd mode it, it's a mode that some digital hearing aids have that attempts to drown out outside/background noise while adjusting the focus on the person/thing right in front of you.)

Feels really good, huh? :)

I've never understood why people are so "self conscious" about hearing aids. It's not like they're those giant body worns from the old days, or ear horns.

:rofl: When you mention, not like they are those giant body worns. from the old days or ear horns.

:rofl:

hearing_aids_bigger.jpg

OR

ModelGiantHeadphones.jpg

Some things do feel good. I was able to talk to my bf from the next room and the TV was at a normal level. The only thing is that my ear hurts a little. It's sore in some spots. Not red just sore. I don't feel like I hear the echoing anymore. But it seems to come and go though.

Some things do feel good. I was able to talk to my bf from the next room and the TV was at a normal level. The only thing is that my ear hurts a little. It's sore in some spots. Not red just sore. I don't feel like I hear the echoing anymore. But it seems to come and go though.

Be sure to tell your Audi about the HA hurting no matter how minor. You don't want to have that problem for the life of the HA. She may be able to file it some or send it back for a remake. I recently got new ear molds for my BTEs and after a few tries to relieve the pressure I still had minor discomfort so my Audi took new impressions & ordered new ones (at no cost to me because I have 45 days to return them). I hope the new ones fit better. This is not the first time I've had to get a redo.

Speech lessons will never fix a deaf accent......Even late deafened people have deaf accents.

Not everyone has it, contrary to belief, and people can't be compartmentalize or lumped together so easily... .everyone's different and if the motivation is there, as they say "Where's there's a will, there's a way...." The only limits we have are those we put on ourselves.

Not everyone has it, contrary to belief, and people can't be compartmentalize or lumped together so easily... .everyone's different and if the motivation is there, as they say "Where's there's a will, there's a way...." The only limits we have are those we put on ourselves.

I'd have to agree. I have a friend who's profoundly deaf since birth and she had a deaf accent and did intense speach therapy and no longer has the deaf accent. If you work hard it can go away...

I'm profoundly deaf and have been ALL my life and don't have a deaf accent so totally agree.

I'd have to agree. I have a friend who's profoundly deaf since birth and she had a deaf accent and did intense speach therapy and no longer has the deaf accent. If you work hard it can go away...

I think so too.. you don't necessarily have to have a "deaf accent" if you are deaf.

I never thought I had a deaf accent, but I had a date with an interpreter who pointed it out to me. Perhaps she was the only one who could detect it.

Since most of us can't hear their own voice, I wonder how many dedaf people on their own truly know whether they have one or not.

It could be just that the ear is not used to the mold and the skin needs to toughen up a bit. However, it could also be a poor fitting mold, but since you don't have feedback only time will tell. If your ear bleeds or it gets too painful, go back for another mold and maybe get a soft one.

It could be just that the ear is not used to the mold and the skin needs to toughen up a bit. However, it could also be a poor fitting mold, but since you don't have feedback only time will tell. If your ear bleeds or it gets too painful, go back for another mold and maybe get a soft one.

Looks like she has in ITE, which would mean getting the whole HA redone, but she should still do that because if it keeps bothering her, she won't wear it and that will be a huge waste of money.

She has an ite ha

Your input has been really super helpful. Today was a good day. It wasn't sore at all. I think I just wasn't used to it and that's why it was sore. Today I barely remembered I was wearing it. I am not getting feedback at all and the voice echoing stopped. I do think there has to be an adjustment on 2 of the programs because the one that is supposed to be for crowded restaurants doesn't help at all. It makes things even more mumbled than they were before. I had no headache which everyone said I would probably get. The radio has been the best though. When I got in the car after I got the hearing aid the radio almost blew me out. I was able to lower it pretty far down and still hear it. I will say that the way my voice sounds bothers me a little I sound really loud and I feel like I keep adjusting my voice. I am not sure if I am adjusting my voice volume too much though. I guess at this point it is all trial and error.

Been trying to get a good picture of the HA in my ear. Finally got one today. take a look. :)

Attachments

• Photo on 4-11-13 at 9.24 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 4-11-13 at 9.24 PM #3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
Do keep an eye out for how your eye looks regards soreness tho coz my last set of earmolds were hurting slightly every so slightly but 2 months down the line, my ear started bleeding at the point where it was sore and my earmolds were soft.

You don't want to be out of your trial period and find the HAs sore.

Been trying to get a good picture of the HA in my ear. Finally got one today. take a look. :)

Look like you have a Miracle Ear hearing aid for mild hearing loss or for people who just lose their hearing when coming of age. It is not for severe or profound deafness. I don't see no behind the ear hearing aid. So you have a mild hearing loss. :cool2:

Your input has been really super helpful. Today was a good day. It wasn't sore at all. I think I just wasn't used to it and that's why it was sore. Today I barely remembered I was wearing it. I am not getting feedback at all and the voice echoing stopped. I do think there has to be an adjustment on 2 of the programs because the one that is supposed to be for crowded restaurants doesn't help at all. It makes things even more mumbled than they were before. I had no headache which everyone said I would probably get. The radio has been the best though. When I got in the car after I got the hearing aid the radio almost blew me out. I was able to lower it pretty far down and still hear it. I will say that the way my voice sounds bothers me a little I sound really loud and I feel like I keep adjusting my voice. I am not sure if I am adjusting my voice volume too much though. I guess at this point it is all trial and error.

It usually is. BTW a lot of HoH people can't hear their voice well, so they speak loudly to compensate. They don't realize they're speaking loudly until after they get a hearing aid :)

It's actually a Siemens Intuis cic hearing aid that is good for mild to profound hearing loss according to my audiologist and ENT my loss in my right ear falls in the mild to moderate. My loss is a progressive loss but she said this can last me for a while. My Audi said that if I progress into the severe range we will have to reasses because it isn't as effective in the profound and severe ranges. For now it works and we are just keeping an eye on my left ear because when I was Tested it was borderline. My Audi scheduled a test in 2 months. That way we can also check to see how quickly (if at all) my hearing loss is progressing.

And this one is not for people coming of age and losing their hearing. I'm only 31. My Audi said she fits this aid for people from 15 up to 80. It is actually more popular with the 20 and 30 year olds with sudden loss and wanna be discreet.

CIC aids are really not that discrete, I can notice CIC and ITE aids really well. I really struggle to notice the RIC aids.

I'm profound and CIC aid would never fit my loss. CIC aids are only suitable for mild to moderate.

If I wore a CIC aid with my profound loss, I would get continuous feedback and I wouldn't be able to hear anything.

Back