Data plan only, no voice plan

golflover

Reaction score
Does any wireless carrier that carry data plan only, no voice plan. I know T-mobile carry that kind of deal and truthfully, they plainly sucks. I research on Verizon's, Sprint's, and other carrier's rates and plans and seem that they insisted on having voice plan selected first then additional features such as data plan. I currently have SK2 but will throw it away soon when my one year contract is up next month. Am looking on getting Treo650, VX 6600 (Verizon), PPC 6600 or 6700 (Sprint). The point of this subject is anyone, a non-member of T-Mobile, that have data plan only, no voice plan with any of those carriers (Verizon, Sprint, or other) that may be benefitical in letting us know of their experiences. :ty:

Because of FCC regulations, no wireless carrier can block any voice calls period. I did sent complaint to FCC and FCC refused to do anything about it. I think this is unfair by not giving customer choices. I pesonally do NOT want, nor need any voice related features, and been charged because of accidently press the button. I found out it was designed so easily you could make any cell phone calls. Thus accidents easily happens... really diguesting!

Jus To Let Ya'll Know T-mobile Does Have Jus Data Only Plans For Sk2 And Other Devices And It's Only 20.00 A Mo For Unlimited Data And Txt Msgs For Sk2 As Well As Guess What?? T-mobile Now Have Direct Tty Customer Service # No More Relay Calls ! For Those Of U With Or Wanting To Have T-mobile Service You Can Call Tty Customer Care @ 1-877-296-1018 Mon - Fri 5am - 10pm Pst And Starting Nov 14th 7 Days A Wk !! Jus Thought You All Might Like To Know !! Any Questions Jus Ask!

RE-READ the TERMS!!!!

That 20 dollars data plan ONLY if you have voice plan in place. Without voice plan it is 29.95 a month PLUS 20 cents per min for any cell calls usage.

2_RESTRICTED said:
Jus To Let Ya'll Know T-mobile Does Have Jus Data Only Plans For Sk2 And Other Devices And It's Only 20.00 A Mo For Unlimited Data And Txt Msgs For Sk2 As Well As Guess What?? T-mobile Now Have Direct Tty Customer Service # No More Relay Calls ! For Those Of U With Or Wanting To Have T-mobile Service You Can Call Tty Customer Care @ 1-877-296-1018 Mon - Fri 5am - 10pm Pst And Starting Nov 14th 7 Days A Wk !! Jus Thought You All Might Like To Know !! Any Questions Jus Ask!

Let's Jus Say I Know The Terms Better Than Most People Trust Me And So What If It's 29.95 It's Only 9.95 More Than 20.00 That's Not Such A Bad Price For Unlimited Dat Don't Ya Think Sorry Was Jus Tryin To Help Out Geeezzzeeee!!! No Need To Be Rude Was Mostly Letting Ppl Know About The Direct Tty Customer Service Number Anyhow... See What I Get For Tryin To Be Helpful AS WELL AS YES THERE ARE DATA ONLY PLANS W/ VOICE BAR ON THEM IT'S NOT ILLEGAL

I know what you mean, what the orignal subject here is about device withOUT anything to do with voice. You can NOT disable the voice feature on any wireless devices. That is the whole point. I PERSONALLY do NOT need voice feature, but I was FORCED to have it and PAY 20 cents a minute if my device was accidently dial out or recieve calls. HAPPENS to me, I have to fight with Tmo, and FCC.
I then just response what I recieve response from FCC... THey don't give DAMN about deafies, and refused to do anything about voice mandatory.

Need not to be rude, I once was part of Tmobile dealer, and I KNEW how they work!

2_RESTRICTED said:
Let's Jus Say I Know The Terms Better Than Most People Trust Me And So What If It's 29.95 It's Only 9.95 More Than 20.00 That's Not Such A Bad Price For Unlimited Dat Don't Ya Think Sorry Was Jus Tryin To Help Out Geeezzzeeee!!! No Need To Be Rude Was Mostly Letting Ppl Know About The Direct Tty Customer Service Number Anyhow... See What I Get For Tryin To Be Helpful

I Work For Tmobile As Well And U Can And Are Allowed To Have Data Only Plans W/ Voice Bar We Have Them For Blackberries And Sidekicks And Now That We Have A Tty Dept Jus For This Purpose It's Gonna Be Easier To Get Correct Info I Promise It's True U Jus Gotta Call In

Sure, data only plan STILL can make cell phone calls 20 cents a minute. I have data only plan and STILL got billed for 44 damn minutes of cell outgoing calls that I never made. Found out the button was accident dialed out!!!

2_RESTRICTED said:
I Work For Tmobile As Well And U Can And Are Allowed To Have Data Only Plans W/ Voice Bar We Have Them For Blackberries And Sidekicks And Now That We Have A Tty Dept Jus For This Purpose It's Gonna Be Easier To Get Correct Info I Promise It's True U Jus Gotta Call In

I have letter from FCC directly, regard to my complaint. FCC do NOT allow such blocking on cell phone calls due to emergency purpose. This is ABSURD!

No no , not what I mean, the relay calls is though the data networking so no cell phone charge is placed. I am talking about the VOICE part of device, like normal hearing people dial out the phone number and make the conversation, there is 20 cents per minute if no voice plan is in place. That is exact what Im talking about.

2_RESTRICTED said:
Fine Whatever I'm Only Tryin To Help Offer Some Other Alt To Relay Calls That's All But Whatever

I Know That Like I Said I Was Mostly Jus Wanting People To Know That There Is Direct Tty Customer Service I Know Excatly How They're Billed . And Fr What I Know There Is A Way To Voice Bar The Handset It May Depend On The Type Of Device But For Black Berries Especailly They Can Be Voice Barrd Where No Voice Call Can Be Placed

2_RESTRICTED said:
I Know That Like I Said I Was Mostly Jus Wanting People To Know That There Is Direct Tty Customer Service I Know Excatly How They're Billed . And Fr What I Know There Is A Way To Voice Bar The Handset It May Depend On The Type Of Device But For Black Berries Especailly They Can Be Voice Barrd Where No Voice Call Can Be Placed

Like Hell, You Take Up Some Typing Class. Lose The Shift Key As Its Too Hard To Read Your Postings

FYI, author (golflover) of this topic ask anyone who is NON-MEMBER of t-mobile which means this member want to know if there any OTHER plans for OTHER BRANDS (not t-mobile types). Just to be clear on that...

Thanks shiva, I and others only need to hear from NON T-Mobile members to see if they experienced on having a data plan only, no voice plan involved with Verizon, Sprint, or other (No T-Mobile included).

On the other hand, speaking of accidentally hit dial out, I was too a victim of an innocent crime but only for two minutes (thank god). :pissed:

My wife used to get a few voice messages on her Blackberry and no way to check it. She doesn't give her number out, so we know it was a wrong number. The calls were from Bosnia (I checked the billing and area/country codes), which we weren't suprised because we have a large Bosnian population growth in our area code.

I was surprised we weren't charged for those calls, but we incurred charges for calling the voice message service through her BB. Doh!

Haven't had any trouble since the incidents 6-9 months ago.

Steve

my husband is using on Verizon and talking with supervisor about more limited of text messaging he is deaf blah blah supervisor approved him 2,000 text messagings, ofc, no data plan only, with voice plan as low minutes his monthly is 39.99 which not bad

and supervisor knows tmobile unlimited, said he is working on it, on verizon, unlimited :crossedfinger:

The SK2 will have new features "SIM PIN2" restricted calls on FREE services as 211 (Community Help Information), 511 (Road informations), 611 (Cellphone provider customer service and tech), 711 and 911, coming up on new OTA 2.3.

Due to FCC rules, required have a voices on cellphones in case of emergency or stranded in somewhere. Most cellphone company can't do remove the "Voice" for data plans only.. My waiver pays cellphone bills just only cheap 31 dollars a month, on the occasion of voice, just 20 cents per minute.

Back