Dads And Daughters

Mieke

Belgian ASL noob
Reaction score
Just wondering on opinions.

In my eyes there is like one thing all fathers of daughters do :

Saying "oh noooo, she's not going out until at least 18" or older...

You ask them why
Reply : "I know how boys that age think :0"

I personally love to tease my husband with it, like hey but you do know she will date right.

That face when he thinks about it is priceless.

So is this like the one thing all dads have in common?

Last edited:
Yeah, my dad was a bit strict. Maybe it is because I was the last baby to him. He had a rule- "if I am happy, then he is happy." I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16. Believe it or not, my very first date was five years older than me. He is a friend of my cousin. My cousin thought he was crazy, and didn't feel comfortable with a friend dating me.

Yeah, my dad was a bit strict. Maybe it is because I was the last baby to him. He had a rule- "if I am happy, then he is happy." I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16. Believe it or not, my very first date was five years older than me. He is a friend of my cousin. My cousin thought he was crazy, and didn't feel comfortable with a friend dating me.

I think I escaped a bit of that being the youngest. Although my dad's also like if you're happy, so am I.

I'd make my mom do the convincing of letting me go out, together with my sisters.

The first boyfriend they only met when I was like 17, I think...

I think I escaped a bit of that being the youngest. Although my dad's also like if you're happy, so am I.

I'd make my mom do the convincing of letting me go out, together with my sisters.

The first boyfriend they only met when I was like 17, I think...

I had no problem going out with friends or my brothers. You have sisters? Maybe that may explain it. I have three crazy brothers. Maybe my dad went easy on me, because he sent my brothers to check on me. Haa..

We never discussed dating. I didn't start dating until I was 19, almost 20. I was too shy and no one asked me out.

I had no problem going out with friends or my brothers. You have sisters? Maybe that may explain it. I have three crazy brothers. Maybe my dad went easy on me, because he sent my brothers to check on me. Haa..

I have one older brother (13 years older) and my sisters are 5 and 6 years older. I just think my dad didnt really want to see boys at the house any more. My sis' first boyfriend (both 16 ) had brought a condom along on their first date. And my dad found that condom, unused I must add.

I don't recall seeing that boy again :lol:

My sis' first boyfriend (both 16 ) had brought a condom along on their first date. And my dad found that condom, unused I must add.

:lol:

I have one older brother (13 years older) and my sisters are 5 and 6 years older. I just think my dad didnt really want to see boys at the house any more. My sis' first boyfriend (both 16 ) had brought a condom along on their first date. And my dad found that condom, unused I must add.

:lol: That's funny.

I once had a bad relationship with my ex-boyfriend. He turned out to be a jerk and a liar. Tried to convince him I dumped him, but he refused to listen. I complained it to my biggest and tallest brother that my ex refused to listen to me. My brother is 6' 4" and has a wide muscular build. My ex is 5'7". My brother had a "chat" with him for straight 12 minutes. Ex finally took a message.

:lol: That's funny.

I once had a bad relationship with my ex-boyfriend. He turned out to be a jerk and a liar. Tried to convince him I dumped him, but he refused to listen. I complained it to my biggest and tallest brother that my ex refused to listen to me. My brother is 6' 4" and has a wide muscular build. My ex is 5'7". My brother had a "chat" with him for straight 12 minutes. Ex finally took a message.

<3 siblings

My husband is already freaking (father of 3 daughters) hahahaha I have faith my girls will make good decision but life happens

OH, how I wish I had a daughter. I would hv named her Veronica. Or Ronnie for short. I would have done my best to make the boys uncomfortable and feel awkward around me. When dating my wife (gf at the time), I first met her Grandpa out on his farm. First thing he did was take me to the barn..alone. He showed me a couple baseball bats and asked me which one I liked. I said this one. He said...if you even hurt my grand daughter...this will be the first and last thing you see. :)

My dad hv 3 daughters, and he is become the most handsome guy in our house. :D
In your case, i think he is not careless, it is more likely he knows your daughter really well and he give a trust to her. All dad, in this world will never want something bad happen to their daughter, including your husband. Although he act like he is a careless dad, he isn't. ;)

My older sister ruined it for me when she came home pregnant at 17, my dad hated when I brought any guy to the house. I got pregnant at 18 by my husband and that pissed my dad off so much.

My older sister ruined it for me when she came home pregnant at 17, my dad hated when I brought any guy to the house. I got pregnant at 18 by my husband and that pissed my dad off so much.
Awww ... but you guys ended up getting married. Is your dad a little happier about it now?

Haha no, my family hate him since I disappeared after I graduated high school and came back engaged and pregnant by a 27 year old. He told me having kids was my biggest mistake right after falling in love. My family is not a fan of me

I just know that my folks were overprotective of me - only child, difficult pregnancy at the end and shaky first months for me in NICU <born very premature>. My mother's mother was also physically and emotionally abusive toward her <which was why I never met her>. This affected <and still affects> the way she did<does> things. I was shy and emotionally immature; early on knew I liked girls but had no interest in boys til college. My first dates were my first year of college.

Back