Dad update

Hoping you can cherish every moment with ur Dad, Ocean....

Ocean- it is heartening to read that you all had a nice Christmas. I hope your dad is feeling comfortable, and taking in the love from his family.

I hope that you; my friend, are taking care of yourself too. I don't just mean physically, but spiritually and emotionally. Treat yourself to something that makes you feel good. You deserve it. :kiss:

OB, I've been away for a while and just now read your thread. Please know that you, your father and your family are in my prayers.

oh Oceanbreeze, you and your family are in my thoughts, my step father had that kind of cancer in his esophagus.. I surely hope he will feel better soon. I can't tell you how hard it is to watch someone going thru this, my step dad couldn't go for surgery etc due it was already advanced.. I sure hope they will give your dad more time for you and family to spend more time hugs hugs, if you ever need a talk or some more information or whatsoever you know you can find me in FB message, I rarely comes here :) hugs hugs

Ocean im sorry your going through this your in mind always, i watched my husbend I took care of him with cancer too.your forever in my prayers'.pm if you need to chat..

Oceanbreeze, you know that I am still keeping you and the family in my prayers. You also know how to get in touch with me if needed.

Take all the time you need and know that we are all here for you.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I'm sorry. It's really hard. Hugs to you (if you would like them).

My dad went through the exact same cancer and had a 15% chance of survival. He beat it and is alive and strong today. I hope you're as lucky. You're in my thoughts...

Ocean, I'll keep your family in my thoughts. How's your dad? :hug:

I am thinking of you, too Oceanbreeze.

Sending your Dad's way healing vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fuzzy

I am sorry to hear and hope he can beat it. I lost my dad to lung cancer when I was 22 and I lost my mom last year to COPD. I feel for you and hate to see it on anyone else. Now I am watching my aunt who is battle against breast cancer and she is losing it. She will be going home soon. Be strong and be hopeful for him to beat the odd. many hugs.

Update:

The biopsy results are back. The cancer is very aggressive, large, and, can't be removed surgically. Therefore, the Dr has come up with a plan to give him chemotherapy which will start immediately. He goes in on Monday to have a catheter placed in his chest for the chemo and they are also placing a feeding tube into his abdomen because he is having difficult swallowing and they don't want him to aspirate anything into his already fragile lungs.

Without treatment, his chances of survival are zero. With treatment, who knows? He also has cancerous tumors on his liver as well. So, he is very sick. This is a completely new cancer that did NOT spread from his colon. In fact, tests indicated there is NO cancer whatsoever in his colon. Even his Dr said this was very unheard of.

We are dealing with this one day at a time.

Oh, wow, this is very serious, indeed, but I am NOT losing hope,
amazing, miraculous, unheard of recoveries do happen and for such I will be
praying for your Dad to have, Oceanbreeze.

Thanks for the update, too. We are thinking of you.

Fuzzy

oh Oceanbreeze, you and your family are in my thoughts, my step father had that kind of cancer in his esophagus.. I surely hope he will feel better soon. I can't tell you how hard it is to watch someone going thru this, my step dad couldn't go for surgery etc due it was already advanced.. I sure hope they will give your dad more time for you and family to spend more time hugs hugs, if you ever need a talk or some more information or whatsoever you know you can find me in FB message, I rarely comes here :) hugs hugs

This is exactly the situation we're in, and, you're right. Its very difficult to watch. But, I can't crumble right now. I have my extended family staying with us for awhile. They have kids, and, I absolutely cannot fall apart in front of them. Right now, I just want that feeding tube in, so they can deliver nourishment into him safely. As I said, taking it a day at a time!

Back