Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000

Concerning my son bidding on the item and not paying….

We have discussed this and I am sure he is not. He hadn’t even thought of the idea until I brought it up, as it was put forth in a comment on the auction. Furthermore, as mentioned above, he is too young to have an ebay account. Most importantly, I am confident he will not meddle with the auction because he is simply too interested in seeing the outcome of the auction to meddle with it. Remember, I gave him the choice to end the auction yesterday. And I warned him: if you do set up and ebay account just to be the high bidder on this item, I will report you as a non-paying bidder and give you negative feedback! I’ve done it before buddy, and I will do it again!

AFTER I READ THIS ACRTIC I LEARNED THAT ITS POSSIBLE THAT HIS SON DID BID ON EBAY SO HIGH SO THAT NO ONE WILL BUY IT AND WONT PAY THIS AMOUNT OWED TO FATHER LMFAOO I FIND THIS FUNNY BUT OH BOY IT COULD BE HIS SON AND MANY HIS FRIENDS FAKE BIDDING MONEY ON EBAY SO HIGH $9,100 ITS A JOKE ! I BEILEVE FATHER WONT COLLECT THE $9,100.

hoeyhemp ? Where's the link to the article you just posted on #141?

hoeyhemp ? Where's the link to the article you just posted on #141?

The one I posted, #124 You'll see all the comments that the father has left on his ebay account. ;)

The one I posted, #124 You'll see all the comments that the father has left on his ebay account. ;)

Ah :ty: now that I've read it all, the father behavior really turn me off after reading all his comments, I've saved it in my fave so I won't order anything from him.

I still cannot believe he's a teacher :shock:

Yes tell me about it. This paraphrase doesn't seem to fit right with me.

He stated that his son and him are very close. (I believe he's lying) second that he said they had a laugh over this. (What's so funny about selling his game?) If he is really punishing his son for smoking and end up laughing about how he did it, then he is not really disciplining his son from the looks of it.

*nodding* I know :lol: I was total speechless after read the whole of his comments in ebay website before provide the ebay number and dated to quote Dennis's post in first page of thread yesterday. I don't buy his story. It's hard to beleive that they are very close and laugh together over this. I do not see anything what he wrote in ebay webiste what and how he fix the limit and positive consquence/boundaries with his son. I would say that the comments on those story are hilarious :lol:

Well, I see one mistake he is making already. He is not his child's friend, and cannot interact with him in the same way his friends do. He is this child's parent, and is supposed to setting a mature example of behavior. There is time to become your child's friend when they reach an adult age.

Yes, not too best friend but you need to have a good relationship before you can teach children anything and then correction which mean is solving problems together respectfully without use form of punishment.

What I think about this whole thing right now is the father may have been out of money, so instead he made up a sob story just to get people to make bid on this game.

He may fool many but he hasn't fool me yet. :sure:

Yeah, my son said the same thing, too. :ugh3:

We need to find out thru his positive/negative rating either the bidder really pays or not. Maybe after Xmas? :dunno: I save it in my file until the video games are over and sold for $9,100. My feeling tell me that the bidder would not pay $9,100 for that video games... Wait and See :dunno2:

I do not buy his immaturity story... :roll:

Well, that's pretty much one of the other options that parents have.

Back then, parents simply spanked their kids. Nowadays, parents are afraid to spank their kids out of fear that they will be accused of abusing their kids. Also, some kids don't learn their lessons that parents have to do something severe.

Maybe this kid didn't learn his lesson and the father's past punishments didn't work... so this was probably the next step. ;)

I only want to show you the rank of well-being children in most European countries who use positive discipline without hurting or humiliating them, also physical punishment, too. I am sure that you know that corporal punishment banned in many European countries. Can you explain me how well-being children come from without form of physical punishment? I use form of punishment rarely on my boys but mostly is correct their behavior. I has no idea about humiliation issues but I only know that the public humiliation was used for criminals only (prison, etc) but I wasn’t realized that US parents use public humiliation on their children for their misbehavior until I learn from those American forums.

As what you said that parents are afraid to spank their kids out of fear that they will be accused of abusing their kids is a poor excuse!!! It's too easy for the children to control the parents when they know their parents are weak... The parents need to show how strong they are when they want to firm the limit on them. They need to go parent class how to positive their form of disicpline on their children then they will be surprised that it's not really hard to use positive form of discipline without hurt/humilate them. It would be worst if the parents tried to punish/humiliate their children.

UNICEF ranks well-being of British, U.S. children last in industrialized world - USATODAY.com

worth to read from charter 1 to 2. It's up to you if you want to read more than 1 and 2 charters.

Parenting Without Punishing
Parenting Without Punishing -- Chapter 1
Parenting Without Punishing -- Chapter 1

Concerning my son bidding on the item and not paying….

We have discussed this and I am sure he is not. He hadn’t even thought of the idea until I brought it up, as it was put forth in a comment on the auction. Furthermore, as mentioned above, he is too young to have an ebay account. Most importantly, I am confident he will not meddle with the auction because he is simply too interested in seeing the outcome of the auction to meddle with it. Remember, I gave him the choice to end the auction yesterday. And I warned him: if you do set up and ebay account just to be the high bidder on this item, I will report you as a non-paying bidder and give you negative feedback! I’ve done it before buddy, and I will do it again!

AFTER I READ THIS ACRTIC I LEARNED THAT ITS POSSIBLE THAT HIS SON DID BID ON EBAY SO HIGH SO THAT NO ONE WILL BUY IT AND WONT PAY THIS AMOUNT OWED TO FATHER LMFAOO I FIND THIS FUNNY BUT OH BOY IT COULD BE HIS SON AND MANY HIS FRIENDS FAKE BIDDING MONEY ON EBAY SO HIGH $9,100 ITS A JOKE ! I BEILEVE FATHER WONT COLLECT THE $9,100.

This is a feeble excuse... :roll:

My boys know their limit when they use ebay on my account to sell and buy the things for almost 2 years. They don't have their own ebay account but use my account. They can't go in ebay without get my password. All the money, ebayers transfer from their bank account to my bank or PayPal account then transfer the amount over my boys's bank account or my boys transfer their money over my bank account. I know my boys are not only one but many preteens and teenagers do like that under their parent's ebay account. Its about trust and respect.

If dad's method doesn't work, maybe he can use the $9,000 for counseling sessions.

I know my question is bit :topic: but I just remember about our debate over healthcare issues at other thread.

Do you mean that insurers have to cover the cost for therapies, counseling, etc out of their own pocket without get the cost to cover from their private insurance or medicare/medicard?

What does feeble means?, sorry this word is just new to me.

If you click on Cheri's link that she provide earlier in this thread, you will see eBay buyer "aspire1700computer" made many bids by trying to increased the price while no one else tried to outbid this buyer :hmm:

eBay.com Item Bid History

What does feeble means?, sorry this word is just new to me.

I am glad that you ask me.

Definition:

1. physically or mentally weak: lacking physical or mental strength or health

2. unconvincing: unlikely to convince
a feeble excuse

feeble definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

It means that I don't buy their excuse when I know the excuse, they try to convince or provoke me is pathetic, poor and weak or I won't let them to fool me with their poor/weak excuse (feeble excuse).

I hope I convince you with those word? What is an American word for feeble excuse?

If you click on Cheri's link that she provide earlier in this thread, you will see eBay buyer "aspire1700computer" made many bids by trying to increased the price while no one else tried to outbid this buyer :hmm:

eBay.com Item Bid History

It sounds fishy to me... :ugh3:

I am too passed on this thread, but I have to agree with Liebling. Selling children's stuff as punishment is very dishonestly!

I was in fight with my dad when I was 16 years old and won. He gave me a car for my birthday which he got it for free. Later, he told me that my car need oil change so I went to the autoshop to change my oil, somehow they told me that I can't change my oil there and I don't understand why so I asked my dad. My dad told me, "Well there's nothing we can do. Your car is useless." I thought he was telling me the truth so I decide to leave the car on the driveway for awhile.

Later other night, I notice there's black woman entered in our house and she was talking with my dad, my dad was holding the green paper. I don't know what they are doing, then that woman grab the key and walk out picked up the car and drove away.

I asked my dad, "What are you doing to my car? You sold it? Did you fixed the oil change?". My dad told me that I don't own anything from that car, so everything there is his.

So I found out that he lied to me everything about my car. My car is actually fine, I was only picked the company that don't have the kind of oil for my car. So we argued about it and he finally told me "Ohhhhhhhh pooor zacky got ripped off!" and gave me the $500.

It pissed me off, but oh well...

I would never sold anything that belong to my children if I have any. I would just take the stuff away from the children for awhile, not selling them.

jillio said:
This man is a teacher?
I’m a teacher, too. Does that surprise you?

Angel, “feeble” means weak. So when Liebling says “feeble excuse” it means that the excuse is a bad one (ineffective).

PuyoPiyo, your story is sad, but not exactly what happened here. Your dad no reason to take your car away from you, you did nothing wrong. Also, the car was already yours, it had already been given to you.

We may not agree with the way this dad handled the situation, but it was still his decision to make, not ours. At least he didn't beat his son when he caught him smoking pot. Nothing illegal in what he did. And, at least he confronted the situation and didn't condone his son's behavior or just completely ignore it.

PuyoPiyo, your story is sad, but not exactly what happened here. Your dad no reason to take your car away from you, you did nothing wrong. Also, the car was already yours, it had already been given to you.

Actually, the reason why I shared this story of my past is because I believe taking the gift away and sold the gift from someone else is wrong. It doesn't matter if that person who receive the gift did something bad or whatever the gift giver did to the gift receiver, the gift is gift, period as Liebling said.

the best comment in this thread is this from liebling
Remember, teens are not children.

you're exactly right, this kid was not a child, he PURPOSELY, and KNOWINGLY did something he knew was wrong. this wasn't a matter of the kid didn't know any better, he knew exactly what he was doing.

This is the kind of thing that drives me up the wall, when a kid does something they know to be wrong, then get angry when they get punished for it. Punishment is the cost of doing wrong. If the cost(punishment) is not worth whatever you are doing, then dont do. all this father did was make the cost of doing buisness so high for this kid he may think twice next time.

and im sorry, gift or no gift, a teen-ager is not a self supporting individual. Until they are 18, AND making thier own living, whatever i buy for them is mine, and they are simply borrowing it from me. When it comes to educating your children, and teaching them right for wrong, nothing is off limits.

I know my question is bit :topic: but I just remember about our debate over healthcare issues at other thread.

Do you mean that insurers have to cover the cost for therapies, counseling, etc out of their own pocket without get the cost to cover from their private insurance or medicare/medicard?
That family lives in Canada, so I don't know what kind of coverage they have.

The final ebay bidder looks legit because he has a history of 270 transactions, and a positive rating of 98.9 %. He's been a member for almost four years.

If you look at some of his previous purchases, you will notice that he bought other electronic and computer related items.

The increments of bidding do look suspicious. The only thing I can think of that might be fishy is that someone else hijacked his account without permission.

Back