Cravings....

Birdie, why no kitchen? I am about two months away from having a kitchen again, after going through a remodel that has taken almost four years rather than the original estimate of six months. Still trying to decide what will be the first thing I'll bake... :hmm:

Oops, I apologize. I did not see this question until now, well I merely packed up my bags and let my ex keep everything... I mean, everything (even my crockpot, oy :roll:) so I will rent an apartment when I save up enough money for the move, rent, and deposit. Hopefully by the beginning of next year :) then I will prepare my fine dining for my three year old, luckily he's not a picky eater and adores adult food (I secretly hand him my mushrooms when nobody is looking). Let us know when you start baking!

I've had a hankering for cheap, crappy Chinese food all week. I'm thinking Panda Express for lunch tomorrow. I am going to feel so dirty afterward. It will take me days to forgive myself.

Sounds like something I would like to try.. hmmm Whats Pierogi

Pierogi (plural, pierog is singular) is a dumpling from Poland. It's called verenkje (what my family calls them) in the Ukraine and few other names in other Slavic countries. I call them "verenkje" (or "pelamni" if I want meat-filled dumplings) but it seems like if you want to find them anywhere in grocery stores, you need to ask for "pierogi" or "potato dumplings."

Pierogi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's usually an enveloped dough stuffed full of mashed potatoes, cheese and bacon bits. Using cabbage or sauekraut is also popular to use in place of mashed potatoes. Sour cream is also used in place of potatoes as well-- ie. I got a bag of frozen pierogi that is just stuffed with sour cream and chives; another bag is just stuffed with feta cheese and spinach. Sometimes they're stuffed full of berries or cherries instead of cheese, potatoes and bacons for "dessert." One just boil them until they float, then panfry them. About 4 to 8 of them is enough for a meal. (4 pierogi is about 250-300 calories.)

The most popular variation in Canada is the cheddar cheese and mashed potato stuffings.

It's rumoured that Marco Polo brought the dumplings with him from China to Italy, then things spread from there... with each country having their own variation of the dumplings.

Souggy - nice description.

I love me some good dumplings. I haven't had some potato dumplings and these sounds good.

I've had a hankering for cheap, crappy Chinese food all week. I'm thinking Panda Express for lunch tomorrow. I am going to feel so dirty afterward. It will take me days to forgive myself.

Wow! That's what I had a few days ago, but from a different restaurant. I'm only now beginning to forgive myself and move on. Choose wisely, my friend :lol:

Fresh made hot Dutch apple pie with caramel praline ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce.

NooOoo, not the poor cats!!

:(

I hope you will feel ashamed every time you spot a nearby feline ;)

Or hey go back to Chico, Tung Fong Low (aka Charlie's) opened up in here and they serve some fine Chinese food :D 80% cat meat free!

Or hey go back to Chico, Tung Fong Low (aka Charlie's) opened up in here and they serve some fine Chinese food :D 80% cat meat free!

Don't worry about it... I'm pretty sure the chinese food places around here use dogs.

Nice. That's a menu I like.

I'll just flip over to the "Pussies" Section and see what I like.
Speaking of which, I'd prefer to take the feline that is hairless and is all happy.

So what you're saying is, I'll be eating some pussy today? :hmm: My outlook on the day is already improving! :D

My favorite Chinese food in Chico was Windy's. Although their quality got really lousy in the last few years. Back in 2000-2005, they were awesome.

Ugh, I am ever so shocked that you guys are still single o_O

For the sake of my naivety, I will assume that you fellas enjoy eating this poor cat!

sphynx12.jpg

noOo, not baldy! I better start buying some wigs!!

baldkitty.jpg

been craving some Grain Waves chips, eating it right now to feed the addiction

craving for a french toast but i am not going to eat it.. i ate last weekend. oh well lol

Back