Crap

Soonersseth

Reaction score
So my stupid pos dell with windows vista crashed it kept getting a blue screen and saying data dump could not read it all before it re booted. Now my win vista product key is invalid and computer wiz know how to remedy this. I bought this from Staples two years ago so it should be a valid key Damn it !

Just call MS or Dell to address an issues that you have.

your dell laptop with dell windows operating system cd dont need key product, itself ready activate if not activate so your dell laptop's back coa key product for vista if you want to change windows vista ultimate or windows 7 ...must bio update first then install os by dell.com
if blue screen crash cause virus bad or add software not complete or add device if not use it remove or need clean up disk or so you need restore system pick date after back to normal windows or format your os then dell windows os cd installation....

Vista sucks - time for a new computer and Windows 7.

Taking a guess the route the OP took, he did a system restore or something along those lines.

use slmgr to reinput your valid key.
go to start, and go to the search box and type cmd to go to the command prompt.

input
slmgr -dli
for your Vista edition and status of the license.

Then if you want to reinput your key for reactivation, type
slmgr -ipk ##### - ##### - ##### - #####
where ## is the cdkey on the vista copy you bought from staples.

If you have not met the activation quota, you should be good to go. If you hit the quota limit you'll need to call microsoft licensing center at 888-352-7140 for the phone activation numbers. It's an automated computer that will handle your case by voice and inputs, you might need someone to help you out.

Originally Posted by ComputerLover
windows visa and windows 7 are family

But Windows 7 are not packaged like Vista - they are packaged similar with Windows XP - Vista was their worst product....ever.

haha, my favor best for vista than seven 's device problem that it...

naisho: Taking a guess the route the OP took, he did a system restore or something along those lines.

use slmgr to reinput your valid key.
go to start, and go to the search box and type cmd to go to the command prompt.

input
slmgr -dli
for your Vista edition and status of the license.

Then if you want to reinput your key for reactivation, type
slmgr -ipk ##### - ##### - ##### - #####
where ## is the cdkey on the vista copy you bought from staples.

If you have not met the activation quota, you should be good to go. If you hit the quota limit you'll need to call microsoft licensing center at 888-352-7140 for the phone activation numbers. It's an automated computer that will handle your case by voice and inputs, you might need someone to help you out.

don't need call 888.. ... .. helper what wrong use laptop's back coa is authority.. dell windows operating system don't need product key.. just activate.. so easy.. maybe soonersseth don't how use to dell os cd reinstallation recovery install process.. his laptop for format to refresh ? not like hp recovery system build in computer is easy...

don't need call 888.. ... .. helper what wrong use laptop's back coa is authority.. dell windows operating system don't need product key.. just activate.. so easy.. maybe soonersseth don't how use to dell os cd reinstallation recovery install process.. his laptop for format to refresh ? not like hp recovery system build in computer is easy...

Unless I am mistaken.. I thought he meant he bought a retail copy of vista at Staples. Did not see him mention about OEM license anywhere. It's a dell, yeah.

Crap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my stupid pos dell with windows vista crashed it kept getting a blue screen and saying data dump could not read it all before it re booted. Now my win vista product key is invalid and computer wiz know how to remedy this. I bought this from Staples two years ago so it should be a valid key Damn it !

but he didn't say his dell desktop or laptop? he didn't say ms windows vista cd? or dell vista os cd?

I was just a kid so I know very little about windows ME

I used help my customer to formart their HD and installed Windows 2000. Almost most of them who bought a computer with Windows ME, few months later it got awful freeze, bugs, etc. Worse than Windows 98 and Windows XP. The Windows 2000 is better stable ever but problem about slow load than Windows ME from boot up. So Windows XP is much quick than Windows 2000 for boot up.

Windows ME = Windows Vista
Windows XP = Windows 7

I used help my customer to formart their HD and installed Windows 2000. Almost most of them who bought a computer with Windows ME, few months later it got awful freeze, bugs, etc. Worse than Windows 98 and Windows XP. The Windows 2000 is better stable ever but problem about slow load than Windows ME from boot up. So Windows XP is much quick than Windows 2000 for boot up.

Windows ME = Windows Vista
Windows XP = Windows 7

Windows Me was worse in my old Sony Viao computer unit (PIII) that s some freeze, bugs, slow processing. Replaced to other units which operated Windows XP. It was better and quicker than Windows ME.

I remember using windows Me, it was interesting. Sure it sucked, but remember the new media player?
It looked a lot nicer and newer than the one from 95/98.

I also remember the ME was when UPnP finally released.
Sad but that time I didn't like ME either, so I switched between 98SE and ME depending for what use.

I remember using windows Me, it was interesting. Sure it sucked, but remember the new media player?
It looked a lot nicer and newer than the one from 95/98.

I also remember the ME was when UPnP finally released.
Sad but that time I didn't like ME either, so I switched between 98SE and ME depending for what use.

I remember 98SE I had switched from 98SE to ME. I have old Sony Vaio computer desktop unit which equipped with Windows Me in my basement. I should donate it to school or others.

Back