Crap

Lucky me, I built a computer since I was very young and I installed Win 3.11, W95, W98, W2k (yes, I skipped ME), XP, then OSX for my old desktop/laptop/Macbook.

I installed Win 7 for few customers before and I like Win7's install that allow me to open any driver thru flash USB for third party hardware like SCSI, SATA, boot from PCI-E, etc.

Windows XP was pain in ass and I had to use USB floppy or mod Win XP for add drivers. Anyone have problem with Windows XP SP1 for SATA *no IDE* on new motherboard?

I remember 98SE I had switched from 98SE to ME. I have old Sony Vaio computer desktop unit which equipped with Windows Me in my basement. I should donate it to school or others.

Just upgrade it to W2k or Linux then donate and not worry about anyone complain to you for crash issue.

Windows ME.... It gave me worst nightmare in PC history, EVER!!!!

Lucky me, I built a computer since I was very young and I installed Win 3.11, W95, W98, W2k (yes, I skipped ME), XP, then OSX for my old desktop/laptop/Macbook.

I installed Win 7 for few customers before and I like Win7's install that allow me to open any driver thru flash USB for third party hardware like SCSI, SATA, boot from PCI-E, etc.

Windows XP was pain in ass and I had to use USB floppy or mod Win XP for add drivers. Anyone have problem with Windows XP SP1 for SATA *no IDE* on new motherboard?

Yup, SP2 as well because I tried to install Win XP SP2 on ASUS laptop in year ago but failed because of no SATA driver included in CD so I had slipstream the SATA driver into XP CD and it worked.

Just upgrade it to W2k or Linux then donate and not worry about anyone complain to you for crash issue.

but my unit included old Intel Pentium 3 processor. Not so worth to pay upgrade P4 motherboard and harddrive.

but my unit included old Intel Pentium 3 processor. Not so worth to pay upgrade P4 motherboard and harddrive.

So?

Windows 2000

The system requirements are a Pentium processor of 133 MHz or greater, at least 32 MB of RAM, 650 MB of hard drive space, and a CD-ROM drive (recommended: Pentium II, 128 MB of RAM, 2 GB of hard drive space, and CD-ROM drive).[81]

Windows 2000 is less RAM/CPU than Windows ME. Did you know that?

and Windows 2000 doesn't have activation either and you can install so easy without need activate, unlike XP does.

and Windows 2000 doesn't have activation either and you can install so easy without need activate, unlike XP does.

Correct, I did installed more than 30 computers with same Windows 2000 key and no problem so far.

I skipped the worst ME and Vista for XP and soon Windows 7 sometime this month or so.

Do you aware that Microsoft tech support is no longer supporting XP this month?

I skipped the worst ME and Vista for XP and soon Windows 7 sometime this month or so.

Do you aware that Microsoft tech support is no longer supporting XP this month?

Yeah, for SP2 users it is over sometime in 2010, forgot the date but you are right, think it is July 2010.

There is extension for the XP updates for a few more years, I am pretty sure. But XP too ancient now, imo.

Yeah, for SP2 users it is over sometime in 2010, forgot the date but you are right, think it is July 2010.

There is extension for the XP updates for a few more years, I am pretty sure. But XP too ancient now, imo.

Yup until 2014.

Windows XP is outdated for PC gamers now because more new games will be Directx 10/11 support only.

Back