Compound Bow qq's

um.................. no...........

what do you think what cams are for in compound bow??? you're confusing compound bow with recurve bow made of composite material.

The Modern Compound Bow - Bob Robb | Sportsman's Guide

the thing about compound bow is that if its draw length is set up for say... 26"... then you need to draw it fully at 26". you cannot draw more than that. but when it comes to recurve bow - you can draw it to any length you want. beautiful.

What happens when you run out of arm? :P You can't pull beyond your line of sight - you can't aim.

um.................. no...........

what do you think what cams are for in compound bow??? you're confusing compound bow with recurve bow made of composite material.

The Modern Compound Bow - Bob Robb | Sportsman's Guide

the thing about compound bow is that if its draw length is set up for say... 26"... then you need to draw it fully at 26". you cannot draw more than that. but when it comes to recurve bow - you can draw it to any length you want. beautiful.

I don't believe your source is correct. I've checked two other sources than the quote I supplied and the cams are just used for drawback. As far as I know, all bows store energy in their limbs.

Here is another link and quote:

"Like all bows, compound bows store energy in their limbs, which are compressed as the string is drawn back" How Does a Compound Bow Work? | eHow.com

I don't believe your source is correct. I've checked two other sources than the quote I supplied and the cams are just used for drawback. As far as I know, all bows store energy in their limbs.

Here is another link and quote:

"Like all bows, compound bows store energy in their limbs, which are compressed as the string is drawn back" How Does a Compound Bow Work? | eHow.com

an eHow vs. Bob Robb. hmm ok.

Any ideas for building backyard archery practice target areas that won't bother the neighbors?

Any ideas for building backyard archery practice target areas that won't bother the neighbors?

I used to shoot into a hay bail located in my garage with re-curves. The range was about 20 yards, but the bows where only 20-30lbs, no chance of an arrow going through cement. I now have a 45lb and that can do 40 yards easily. The setup will depend on how strong the bow is in my opinion. You can go a lot farther with a stray arrow and a compound bow.

I used to shoot into a hay bail located in my garage with re-curves. The range was about 20 yards, but the bows where only 20-30lbs, no chance of an arrow going through cement. I now have a 45lb and that can do 40 yards easily. The setup will depend on how strong the bow is in my opinion. You can go a lot farther with a stray arrow and a compound bow.
:ty:

After researching, we found some directions for making a backstop using stable mats from Tractor Supply. There were several people who made the same recommendation. That's what we're going to make. We'll use a thick target in front of the backstop.

Don't laugh but I have to use a "junior" compound bow. I can't draw more than 20 lbs. :(

After researching, we found some directions for making a backstop using stable mats from Tractor Supply. There were several people who made the same recommendation. That's what we're going to make. We'll use a thick target in front of the backstop.

Don't laugh but I have to use a "junior" compound bow. I can't draw more than 20 lbs. :(

I never laugh at safety. You could put a Panzer Tank behind the target and I would just nod, approvingly. With a slight grin, I might add..

Well, maybe an approving laugh...

Over the weekend, I was able to do some 2D and 3D shooting at a gun club. For Xmas, my brother got me some custom arrows for my lemon wood bow. As you know, the bow hadn't been shot for bout 20 years.

I only had one missed shot over an hour and a half with most shots in or just outside the kill area. However, I didn't attempt any long shots due to my partner not wanting to go fishing for arrows in the snow.

I need to buy more equipment. I like the way the string releases from my fingers, but, over-time, that can hurt so I'll probably buy finger gloves. My previous gloves were leather, but I'm thinking that modern fabric might give a better feel of the string. And, since it is winter, I'll probably get a brace for a my jacket and a good quiver(I'm not sure I want one that is bow mounted).

Back