Communicating in sign all are welcome.

charchar

Reaction score
Hello to everyone , whether you are hearing , deaf or hard of hearing welcome. I decided to put this thread up because I am a hearing girl who is learning asl and would like to know not only more of the language itself but more from the individual.

I would like to know your name and if you have a name in sign and what does it mean , who gave it you?

Where are you from?

Why did you decide to learn asl if you're hearing and if you're deaf as well, because some deaf people who qualify choose the cochlear.

What is your favorite sign and why?

And better yet if you want to reply to the questions and more through glide message me.

Diedre deaf
Hello bye

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1447451644.450760.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1447451644.450760.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello I am kay, my name sign is the letter k sprawling down like curly hair. I got it from my asl teacher at the salem deaf school. I got it because of my name and I have very curly hair.
I live in oregon where we have a large deaf community. I am hard of hearing (hoh) with auditory processing disorder (apd). I have hearing aids for when I am in the hearing world. When I am home I sign with my husband and kids. My favorite sign is 'fascinating'. I like the sign with the hands and the fun faces I can make to change the meaning. You know sarcastic, generally interested, or WOW!!

nice to meet you! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

BSL 3 words G&t only wear ha if at rock and roll concert near speakers not great lip reader about 25/30% communicate depends on situation.sign name I wear heavy glasses always black frame it was a C for caz and point to specks many years ago.Very small deaf community although quite a few do lot of spelling.As I not fast ASl I pointless

Back