Come on and show us your beautiful skyline! :)

^^ yep...there is at least 18 skyscrapers under construction in Seattle alone with over 60+ in Puget Sound metro area.

6 already?! This was only last July.. Wow so fast..

I said "Over" 6. Yes Seattle is growing really out of control lately... We are expecting two million people to live in Seattle metro area within two decades from now.

^^ yep...there is at least 18 skyscrapers under construction in Seattle alone with over 60+ in Puget Sound metro area.

That's correct. Last time I heard that Downtown Seattle have around 19-22 skyscrapers under construction right now since they just broke the ground with several new skyscrapers.

Those are when I sneaked at the mobile home park in Jantzen Beach to take those awesome shot. Here it is.

Animation9-1.gif

Animation5.gif

vancouverpara.gif

(sorry if I can't have the proper size for the last pic because Photobucket refuse to accept the size.)

Nice photoshooting! I've never seen Vancouver, WA at this angle. ;)

Wow, these pictures are beautiful....made me want to jump in to visit these cities LOL.

Let me see if I can find one of my city to put in here.

I have mentioned that I will bring up some sydney photos, but there has been problems with my computer at home at the moment, so it would be on hold for further notice unfortantely.

Nu Orlins, Louiesianna

On May 13, 2006, taken on approach to the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport - MSY.

OnApproach01.jpg

OnApproach02.jpg

oh my, that's a really long bridge going across the lake. I wonder why they build a bridge in the middle of the lake instead of going around it... I know it's probably due to take a shortcut.

The Causeway

Lake Pontchartrain Causeway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, or the Causeway, consists of two parallel bridges that are the longest bridges in the world by total length. These parallel bridges cross Lake Pontchartrain in southern Louisiana. The longer of the two bridges is 23.87 miles (38.42 km) long. The bridges are supported by over 9,000 concrete pilings. The two bridges feature bascule spans over the navigation channel 8 miles (13 km) south of the north shore. The southern terminus of the Causeway is in Metairie, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans. The northern terminus is at Mandeville, Louisiana.

- A trip on the Causeway would remove about 50 minutes off commuting/traveling time for the "North Shore".

- They used to have an annual marathon on the Causeway. They discontinued it (after 3 marathons) because the participants found it mentally exhausting to run on it. You cannot see land for 8 miles on the 24-mile bridges.

How long is that bridge gonna take you for? What, one hour? Two?

^^ if you go 105.3 km/h for 38.42 kilometers....then you can figure out how long it takes to cross that bridge.

Guessimation

Here's my equation: (I'm ball-parking it . . .)

65 m.p.h. on the Causeway with the "humps" being 55 m.p.h. = mean of 60 m.p.h.

A minute a mile, I'd guess it to be about 25 - 30 minutes.

It's been my experience that many folks would drive 55 m.p.h. I'm guessing it's because it's far from help.

:dunno:

The First Washington Monument in the U.S.

I went to the Baltimore Book Festival today. The centerpiece of the festival was America's first monument to George Washington, located in Baltimore's Mount Vernon neighborhood. On the first thursday of the month, they open the "balcony" to the public. The rest of the time, visitors can see behind bars within the monument. (More info can be found at: Washington Monument (Baltimore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia))

Today, with respect to the festival, they'd opened the balcony. I was there.

WashingtonMonument00.jpg

Looking at the monument from the South.

WashingtonMonument01.jpg

The tall building (mix of concrete and brick) on the left is one of Social Security's Baltimore locations.

WashingtonMonument02.jpg

The centermost building are state offices. Though Maryland's capital city is Annapolis, most of Maryland's state offices are located in Baltimore.

WashingtonMonument03.jpg

The Belvedere Hotel (centermost) is one of my favorite buildings in Baltimore. Lots of history there.

WashingtonMonument04.jpg

To the far right, the ornate building is part of Baltimore's prison system.

WashingtonMonument05.jpg

The construction going on (centermost and far) is Johns Hopkins Hospital.

WashingtonMonument06.jpg

In the background is the Port of Baltimore and (centermost) you can see the Old Otterbein Church, erected in 1785, and the "Shot Tower", beginning its industry in 1828.

WashingtonMonument07.jpg

The Financial District and, behind it, the Inner Harbor.

WashingtonMonument08.jpg

The Bromo Seltzer, a Baltimore landmark, can be seen nestled within these buildings.

Hey, great photos!

--- I like the photo with these histroic buildings, that sets the view wonderfully. :cool2:

Back