Coffee Party Movement: An Alternative To Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm naw, i want to read it from you, i understand theres a lot of different meanings of it. What want to know is why does 'ideology' has to do with tea partys? (snobby functions? if so, then maybe elaborate) but maybe maybe its confused with political thoughts/affliation rather than ideology itself?

Less talk, more action.

hmm naw, i want to read it from you, i understand theres a lot of different meanings of it. What want to know is why does 'ideology' has to do with tea partys? (snobby functions? if so, then maybe elaborate) but maybe maybe its confused with political thoughts/affliation rather than ideology itself?
Ah, I see you want me to use my own words. :)

I'll get back to you and define it later today. I'm pooped out from editing my tags and I have things to do today so I'll work on this later today.

Wasn't it Demint who said that he wants Heathcare to be Obama's waterloo? That to me is a sign that many of the Republicans do not want to cooperate with the Democrats on the healthcare thing. With statements like that, is it any wonder why I think the Democrats would have to go it alone? Obama hasn't given up any bipartisan attempts though I think neither parties are truly interested in bipartisanship.

My first reaction to the anti-fillbuster bill was that "careful, you may get what you want" and a Democrat has nixed this bill. As for the source regarding this bill, I could not find a more neutral source.

According to this site, clotures have gone thru an considerable increase since the 92 congress. Note that the 110 Congress has invoked a record 61 clotures. This was when Obama was running for President if I'm not mistaken. And that the 111 Congress has already set up 40 clotures so far. It remains to be seen if it will match or exceed the 110 Congress record. This trend did not begin with this Presidency as much as people would like pin everything on our President.
As soon as the President so shamelessly argued that adding another huge entitlement was a way to reduce the deficit, I wrote him off as utterly untrustworthy for health care. Nothing good could come out of it when the guy in charge is as dishonest and ignorant about the subject as President Obama is. I'm glad they refuse to work with him.

As soon as the President so shamelessly argued that adding another huge entitlement was a way to reduce the deficit, I wrote him off as utterly untrustworthy for health care. Nothing good could come out of it when the guy in charge is as dishonest and ignorant about the subject as President Obama is. I'm glad they refuse to work with him.

Aye, there!

Ah, I see you want me to use my own words. :)

I'll get back to you and define it later today. I'm pooped out from editing my tags and I have things to do today so I'll work on this later today.

Sorry that I took a bit longer than planned to define Idealogy for you. Anyway, here's your defination:
Ideology is quite a board defineation: it describes the shared beliefs that any one group may share - be it a nation;
a religous group, or a group of theorists.

There are a great many idealogies out there. Here's a partial list of political idealogies that pertains to this country:

Conservatism: at it's best, a political idelogy that preserves tradtions and insitutions, prefering gradual development
to abrupt change. People with this idalogy want lower taxes, limited goverenment regulation of business and investing,
strong national defense and individual responsibiltiy for personal needs. At it worst, it can become reactionary when
changes are needed to correct percieved problems.
liberalism:

Liberalism: ok, here's my defination: Liberals have a wide range of views but
most support ideas like consitution, Democracy, free and fair trade, secular society and the market economy.
many who do not profess to be liberals often accept many of these ideas.

A variant of liberalsim is classical liberalism is commited to limited government, liberty of individuals ike freedom of speech,
religion, speech etc..

Another variant of this idealogy: social liberalism which is an idealogy that believes the liberal stats should provide people who should
be able to support themselves with the right to work and to earn a living wage. Social liberals believe that the government
should work with the the economy to provide full employment and social welfare and protection of human rights.

A problem with this social liberal idealogy is that it walks a fine line between regulating when needed and being overley involved and it
can require taxes. People with either of the above idealogies are considered centralists.

There are other idealogies but I think these will suffice for now.

I'd touch on religious and secular idealogies but I don't want to risk the mods' ire. Let it suffice to say that all the idealogies can influnce on how
one may vote or may not vote.

In thinking about idealogies, I think that the issue I have with Washington is not so much idealogies as the partisanship plauging both parties.

BTW, I stopped voting when I noticed that the Democrats were taking a corporatist approach years ago.

Bringing this to the top because of a previous duplicate thread.

Just wanted to say how unoriginal in thinking to come up with this "Coffee Party." And now the MSM, lapdogs for the Obama administration, is practically fawning over this "Coffee Party" by writing glowing reviews.

Just wanted to say how unoriginal in thinking to come up with this "Coffee Party." And now the MSM, lapdogs for the Obama administration, is practically fawning over this "Coffee Party" by writing glowing reviews.

So you would say Weird Al Yankovic... unoriginal?

So you would say Weird Al Yankovic... unoriginal?

I'm sure he's for more taxes, bigger govt, bigger spending, bigger deficit, no fiscal responsibility, no accountability, less freedom, more statism, an un-Constitutional govt, and ensuring that our national defense is low on the list.

so which party with original thinking do you believe is good for America?

I'm sure he's for more taxes, bigger govt, bigger spending, bigger deficit, no fiscal responsibility, no accountability, less freedom, more statism, an un-Constitutional govt, and ensuring that our national defense is low on the list.

you know this how? based on what? I wasn't aware of Weird Al Yankovic having a political interest

The Bachelor Party? I saw alot of original stuff at mine

Hmm, interesting that sarcasm of mine wasn't noted.

The Bachelor Party? I saw alot of original stuff at mine

Maybe it should be "I'm-for-the-Obama-Party-let's-get-the-boondoggle-health-care-passed-and-help-us-ignore-the-Tea-Party" Party ?

Maybe it should be "I'm-for-the-Obama-Party-let's-get-the-boondoggle-health-care-passed-and-help-us-ignore-the-Tea-Party" Party ?

let's not dabble around. so which party with original thinking do you believe is good for America?

As far as name choices, the present tea party movement gets its name from the original Boston Tea Party tax protest.

If another political group wants to play off that theme, then I'm not sure what the equivalent would be. However, I do know that "coffee party" is not a common American expression. I've never heard of a "coffee party" so how can you make it a play on words?

I've heard of "coffee klatch", "coffee mugs", "coffee beans," "coffee table", "coffee cups", "coffee grounds", "coffee pots" and "coffee house". Maybe they could use one of those terms.

coffee-party.gif

Us arugula-eating-liberals hang out in coffee shops, doncha know? I think our local Starbucks have pretty much everybody, though.

As far as name choices, the present tea party movement gets its name from the original Boston Tea Party tax protest.

If another political group wants to play off that theme, then I'm not sure what the equivalent would be. However, I do know that "coffee party" is not a common American expression. I've never heard of a "coffee party" so how can you make it a play on words?

I've heard of "coffee klatch", "coffee mugs", "coffee beans," "coffee table", "coffee cups", "coffee grounds", "coffee pots" and "coffee house". Maybe they could use one of those terms.

"we need to wake up and work hard to get our government to represent us."

:dunno:

"we need to wake up and work hard to get our government to represent us."

:dunno:
Ah, like, "wake up and smell the coffee."

Now, I get it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back