Cochlear Implants Decrease Your IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEFINITELY....I never cease to be amazed. Sometimes I even switch my CI off to see how well I could follow the teacher without it and its like comparing apples with oranges. What I find the most helpful is working when the calculus teacher is explaining a question WHILE writing it on the board, and I can copy it down, and "follow" the steps he is explaining without having to stop to lipread him THEN try to write down what he's writing (and while writing it down, miss what he's saying.) The "real time" explanation factor makes a huge difference in my understanding the entire problem.

That's what I do for my Finite Math class!

Im glad you all like that! I laughed out loud when I came up with it.

I'm doing great in classes without CI.

People need know better about me because I posted other post about my CI got damaged from MRI due accident with between skateboard and car, that ain't enjoy to get it. I'm not decided to take re-implant, that enough to happen from accident but it happened in one year after quit CI when I was started in freshmen. It's my personal that uncomfortbable in school with too much noise, that why.

People need know better about me because I posted other post about my CI got damaged from MRI due accident with between skateboard and car, that ain't enjoy to get it. I'm not decided to take re-implant, that enough to happen from accident but it happened in one year after quit CI when I was started in freshmen. It's my personal that uncomfortbable in school with too much noise, that why.

Why in the hell did you let them put you in the MRI--why not a x-ray!?

Why in the hell did you let them put you in the MRI--why not a x-ray!?

You know better that x-ray isn't good for head injuries, only MRI is way to find injuries and need for surgery.

You know better that x-ray isn't good for head injuries, only MRI is way to find injuries and need for surgery.

You know, you're tempting me into breaking TOS...but I won't take the opening you left...

So, since your implant isn't working and you've admitted it's been a while since you've had a working one...Shall I direct you to the HA section?

It really depends on the type of injury they were looking for. If you want to look for bleeding in the brain, then a CT scan is called for. If you had a concussion, than Fyborg was correct. You would need skull xrays to diagnose that.

MRIs are used to look for tumors and such.

Some links:

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: MRI of the head

Tests & Examinations: CT Scan - Head

It really depends on the type of injury they were looking for. If you want to look for bleeding in the brain, then a CT scan is called for. If you had a concussion, than Fyborg was correct. You would need skull xrays to diagnose that.

:ty:! I knew I wasn't wrong.

You know, you're tempting me into breaking TOS...but I won't take the opening you left...

So, since your implant isn't working and you've admitted it's been a while since you've had a working one...Shall I direct you to the HA section?

:wtf:

You can't do what my doctor said, every patients are different way.

Some links:

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: MRI of the head

Tests & Examinations: CT Scan - Head

No, that's different.

I was sent to ER and took MRI because serious injuries, also I almost end up to become retard if not save or fix it.

So as far as we have discussed in this thread, incidents of CIs causing lower IQ points, LDs, ADD, OCD are totally busted...

I think we can move on from this thread, it's been beaten to death so much that it came alive and died again.

No, that's different.

I was sent to ER and took MRI because serious injuries, also I almost end up to become retard if not save or fix it.

What specific head injuries were they looking for, and why didn't you tell them or your parents tell them you had a CI? There are other ways to diagnose problems without risk to the CI. Even if they had to proceed to the MRI, your doctor should have been informed that you were implanted. If he wasn't, then that's your parents fault for not informing the medical staff beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back