Cochlear Implant Patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what PFH? I was here throughout this whole entire thread. I have read both of your's and jillio's post's! Seriously get a grip. You don't want a CI kudo's for you. It's sad that you guys feel compelled to come in here and tell us how we feel when you are not US.

Actually (having been in the music and pro audio field professionally for more than 15years) sound proofing in apts, hotels, offices and homes is able to be installed so that it is completely invisible as it's installed BEHIND the drywall, UNDER the carpet/hardwood and ABOVE the ceiling space.

the "obvious" things (the "triangle foams, drapes, waffle patterned mounted boards etc you are referring to is not actually soundproofing, but acoustic dampening etc which are used to control reverb etc in studios for example. (they also deadened the sound, but that is NOT the primary role of those materials)

Acoustic dampening materials are produced by the same companies that make sound proofing which sometimes leads novices to believe they are one in the same.

I would have never considered doing such a thing as hiding them. But that would work none-the-less.

I guess being a online bully is easier than being one in real life.

Read what PFH? I was here throughout this whole entire thread. I have read both of your's and jillio's post's! Seriously get a grip. You don't want a CI kudo's for you. It's sad that you guys feel compelled to come in here and tell us how we feel when you are not US.

It starts off with him saying ASL sucks.... When he has no clue about ASL, then it leads to not knowing crap about the following few things:
Soundproofing
Deaf people can do music
non-married people having babies
puberty

etc... So we're tailing him as he goes in circles OFF the point. His fault.

Thats fine, if zebadee quits spewing nonsense about ASL and whatnot. As far as I know - I or Jillio havent even attempted to divert him from using the CI. I even gave him suggestion on the fact it could get activated even earlier... I got attacked by that. so it goes kinda both ways.. so if you want to continue this - be my guest.

Perhaps because i have no intentions of working in the sound proofing business. Or because in concerts you aren't looking to dampen the sound you are looking to make it louder.

Then your critical thinking falls flat here.. Are you saying in a 5 star hotel you prefer sound proofing elements on the surface of everything? That is one dark hotel....

It starts off with him saying ASL sucks.... When he has no clue about ASL, then it leads to not knowing crap about the following few things:
Soundproofing
Deaf people can do music
puberty

Well I just wonder why? What part of his original post don't you understand? He never asked for ASL related answer's. He asked for those of US who have a CI what to expect and what not to. And you guy's tried telling him and I for that matter that there are other avenue's to dealing with his deafness. As true as it may be, but he wasn't seeking that kind of advice. It is a form of telling him. Don't get the CI hearing sucks! ASL is better.. Deal with your deafness the way we think is the proper way!

I would have never considered doing such a thing as hiding them. But that would work none-the-less.

That's because you're not in the industry and don't know how building acoustics work.

BTW - sound management is a HUGE aspect of concerts ! There is soundproofing and sound dampening all over the place in concerts halls, arenas etc!

I'm not meaning to be rude - just pointing out that unless you work in the industry on a professional basis there's a LOT that you aren't going to know.

Then your critical thinking falls flat here.. Are you saying in a 5 star hotel you prefer sound proofing elements on the surface of everything? That is one dark hotel....

I'm saying I have no reason to need sound proofing in a hotel.

Well I just wonder why? What part of his original post don't you understand? He never asked for ASL related answer's. He asked for those of US who have a CI what to expect and what not to. And you guy's tried telling him and I for that matter that there are other avenue's to dealing with his deafness. As true as it may be, but he wasn't seeking that kind of advice. It is a form of telling him. Don't get the CI hearing sucks! ASL is better.. Deal with your deafness the way we think is the proper way!

Like I said read up. It was going on fine until he started off with his BS.

It started here... http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...70-cochlear-implant-patients.html#post1721227
That didnt last too long.

That's because you're not in the industry and don't know how building acoustics work.

I'm not meaning to be rude - just pointing out that unless you work in the industry on a professional basis there's a LOT that you aren't going to know.

Point well taken.

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:

Soundproofing
Deaf people can do music
puberty

and what about all the post BEFORE those telling deafy that he is limiting himself, that they are in denial et al?

zebadee2010, your activation is going be next week, right :), wow
I wish you the best, please keep in touch with us, never mind what other people are arguing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back