Cochlear Implant Patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go comparing apples to oranges.. Hearing and the environment are two different things.

You are soooooo wrong. Use a little fluid thinking.

We are talking about it. By the way, I wear a hearing aid.

Me too! :wave:

And I guess I should feel lucky I haven't had my pronunciation of words made fun of here by a parent of a CI child, whereas another poster has had that happen to him.

What misery am i projecting here? hmmmm I believe I am discussing my CI with people. Not projecting that I think they are doing the wrong thing. I have every right to call you out on for your repeated ANTI-CI posting on a CI forum. I believe its you who loves to pass misery upon others.

It doesn't surprise me that you can't see it. You are too busy looking for someone to blame. You are looking to blame others, and you are on the wrong path.

Me too! :wave:

And I guess I should feel lucky I haven't had my pronunciation of words made fun of here by a parent of a CI child, whereas another poster has had that happen to him.

One would have to be a real jerk to make fun of you, and not to mention insecure too as well.

Actually, people who are insecure often make fun of people.

Swirling down my throat right now. I am drinking my own intelligence.

I do hope it is absorbed back into your tissues. I would hate to say, "My poor friend Linux just pissed all of his intelligence away!":lol:

I do hope it is absorbed back into your tissues. I would hate to say, "My poor friend Linux just pissed all of his intelligence away!":lol:

LOL, if my intelligence ever go pass my gentials, it might become more smarter and would do things more smartly achieving objective more perfectly! *ahem* I need to shut up now.

Are you telling me that there is no pain involved? And from the perspective of a young child who does not even have the laguage skills necessary to be warned of anything to come, it is perceived as torture. As well as betrayal by the parents who are supposed to protect him or her, not hand him or her over to strangers to create pain for them.

Get out of your own house and see things through another's window. Your experience is not universal. Develop a little empathy before making your recommendations.

I never said there was no pain involved. But they give you pain medicine which especially for a child will help dramatically. As I said before I have had surgeries since was about 4. I remember none of them. I felt no pain from them. None that i remember anyways. A child gets angry and sad if they fall down you can't expect them to feel no pain, but as I said they don't remember any of it.

You get out of your house and see things through another's window. Just because you have no problem with being deaf doesn't mean that your child or another's won't have problems with it. This is a cruel world we live in. You think your child won't get made fun of because he/she is deaf? But wait they wouldn't hear it if they were being made fun of so I suppose that doesn't matter. Unless of course they get beat up. Then that might be classified as torture.

LOL, if my intelligence ever go pass my gentials, it might become more smarter and would do things more smartly achieving objective more perfectly! *ahem* I need to shut up now.

:naughty:

I never said there was no pain involved. But they give you pain medicine which especially for a child will help dramatically. As I said before I have had surgeries since was about 4. I remember none of them. I felt no pain from them. None that i remember anyways. A child gets angry and sad if they fall down you can't expect them to feel no pain, but as I said they don't remember any of it.

You get out of your house and see things through another's window. Just because you have no problem with being deaf doesn't mean that your child or another's won't have problems with it. This is a cruel world we live in. You think your child won't get made fun of because he/she is deaf? But wait they wouldn't hear it if they were being made fun of so I suppose that doesn't matter. Unless of course they get beat up. Then that might be classified as torture.

Just about all of us (early-deafened, at least) have been made fun of.

We may not "hear" ourselves being made fun of, but we're very well darned aware of it. So it DOES matter.

There is no need to medicate a child with doses of narcotics that have their own side effects and risks if you don't create pain where none is necessary.

They remember.

I am out of my house looking through the windows of my clients about 50-60 hours a week.

You think a child won't get made fun of for wearing a CI? You think a child won't get made fun of because of any numerous things? That is what kids do to each other. The way to raise a healthy child is not to insulate them from the world. It is to give them the skills and the values to maintain their identity and self esteem in spite of these things. Giving them the message that they need to be fixed only re-inforces the teasing and the bullying and destroys them from the inside out.
You continue to look at only the superficial. I hope that one day will change for you.

Are you telling me that there is no pain involved? And from the perspective of a young child who does not even have the laguage skills necessary to be warned of anything to come, it is perceived as torture. As well as betrayal by the parents who are supposed to protect him or her, not hand him or her over to strangers to create pain for them.

Get out of your own house and see things through another's window. Your experience is not universal. Develop a little empathy before making your recommendations.
And neither is your experience universal.
Children are resilient. They bounce back from pain/illnesses a lot faster than adults and generally forget it.
You sound like you were an over-protective mom. That's your choice. But that is neither here nor there as this is a forum for Hearing Aid and/or CI users who want to talk about THEIR HAs and/or CIs.

Just about all of us (early-deafened, at least) have been made fun of.

We may not "hear" ourselves being made fun of, but we're very well darned aware of it. So it DOES matter.

Of course it does.

And neither is your experience universal.
Children are resilient. They bounce back from pain/illnesses a lot faster than adults and generally forget it.
You sound like you were an over-protective mom. That's your choice. But that is neither here nor there as this is a forum for Hearing Aid and/or CI users who want to talk about THEIR HAs and/or CIs.

No, it isn't. And I never claimed that my experience was universal. However, the universality is evident in the huge number of deaf individuals who freely share their experience with me. There is a universality to the deaf experience no matter what device you choose to assist yourself. It is that universality that so many adult CI users fight against, because they fear having to accept their deafness. They see it as a negative, and do not want to actually admit that they now are a part of a world that they don't understand and have always had a negative view of.

Soooo, because children have a natural resilience it is perfectly okay to cause them unnecessary pain? And that resillience wears thin after a while. I see it every day in my contact with deaf adolescents of hearing parents.

Over protective? LOL. Boy, are you mistaken.

I am out of my house looking through the windows of my clients about 50-60 hours a week.
Interesting. How do you find time to come here and belittle those of us who are happy with our CIs and HAs?

Interesting. How do you find time to come here and belittle those of us who are happy with our CIs and HAs?

I have time between clients and I am very efficient at managing my time.

I am not belittling anyone. That is your defensive position that causes you to see things that way, not me.

I don't see a lot of "happiness" being posted around here. Perhaps your definition of happiness is different from most. Those that are happy and well satisfied and secure with their decisions generally do not spend so much time attempting to defend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back