Closed Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrdie714

Reaction score
I noticed that when a moderator closes a thread--they usually include a reasoning why they are closing the said thread.

However I've noticed a couple threads that are closed but no reason is given. Why is that?

My POV is that sometimes what we don't know won't hurt us. :)

They wouldn't want to make it worse or turn 'ugly'

Nothing said.

To answer your question, Byrdie -

Each and every moderator has their own methods as to how they do their job. It is to it's own. We are not required to make note of why we close this said thread.

As for me, I always make note of why I close this thread in order to make it understanding as to why the said thread is closed for. That's just how I am.

For instance, If the OP makes a post in the said thread that requests his/her thread to be closed; That alone is a reason why we don't have to make note of the said thread that is being closed.

If a thread turns out to be ugly, That is another thing as to why it would state the obvious reason to see it being closed.

Again, It is to it's own. Also, Some things are better left being unsaid too, if you know what I mean by that.

Does that answer your question, Byrdie?

To answer your question, Byrdie -

Each and every moderator has their own methods as to how they do their job. It is to it's own. We are not required to make note of why we close this said thread.

As for me, I always make note of why I close this thread in order to make it understanding as to why the said thread is closed for. That's just how I am.

For instance, If the OP makes a post in the said thread that requests his/her thread to be closed; That alone is a reason why we don't have to make note of the said thread that is being closed.

If a thread turns out to be ugly, That is another thing as to why it would state the obvious reason to see it being closed.

Again, It is to it's own. Also, Some things are better left being unsaid too, if you know what I mean by that.

Does that answer your question, Byrdie?

Hey that's my line " To each its own..." :giggle: Anyway, Well said. You explained it clearly enough.

I noticed that when a moderator closes a thread--they usually include a reasoning why they are closing the said thread.

However I've noticed a couple threads that are closed but no reason is given. Why is that?

must be new mod... LinuxGold :dunno:

Actually, LinuxGold is not a new mod. He's been a mod for a long time. :)

oh.... :hmm: which of you closed up without giving us a reason... hhhmmmmm :hmm:

images

Sometimes, threads are closed and the moderator doesn't have time to leave a comment at the moment. So, a comment would be left later when the time comes. :)

Wow, I'm sorry guys but it is just a thread. I can't seem to find reason or logic behind the purpose why a reason must be given for the locked threads. :dunno:

I demand to know why all threads were locked!!! I cant live with the suspense! Just kidding. :lol:

And lo! Im with you! That threads are out of orders! Seems like it. She90, I agreed with you and like to know what the madman s word were!!

LinuxGold doesn't use ad that much because he's too busy with his squirting wife.

Actually, LinuxGold is not a new mod. He's been a mod for a long time. :)

I believe he closed a rare thread I had begun yesterday, a thread I thought potentially educational. Nary a word from him as to why and my PM box is definitely not full. :D So my thread, probably not read by anyone (that's how fast it was rejected) now sits somewhere in the dust-bin of history.

i noticed this too for the first time today and it confused me because when i was reading my braille display, i couldn't find the "quote" button. it took me several minutes before i found the "closed" button at the bottom of the page.

i've become used to reading jolie's comments about why a thread is closed, so that's my preference. i also like the fact this is something i'm able to "see" easily on my braille display since it's the last reply that is posted. i don't have to hunt at the bottom of the page to find the "closed" button. also, when i noticed a large area of blank space on my braille display due to the missing "quote" etc. buttons, i thought something was wrong with my computer. having said that, i understand why it's best not to say anything at all and to just close a thread without further comment.

As for me I always make note why I close the thread even if I was using SideKick3 in AD. Like Jolie say each moderator has their own method as how to do their job. :)

I'm afraid to post in certain ADers' threads if they are well known to keep asking for them to get locked. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back