Clerks II

sweetstarz

Reaction score
I recently watched the movie Clerks II (which I believe was released in 2006) and although I do usually enjoy that type of humor in GENERAL, I found some of the jokes very offensive to certain groups of people, including deaf and hard of hearing people. Anyone know what I'm talking about? The character of Randall made a reference to what he thought was Anne Frank (but actually turned out to be Helen Keller) that was at the very least disturbing and definitely offended me. There was definitely a "deaf and dumb" element to the joke, which we all know is extremely outdated and totally irrelevant.

I thought it was hiralous, even thou alot of jokes may appear insulting and such but honestly, I thought Kevin Smith was a total genius with this movie :lol:

Without Jay and Silent Bob, this movie is nothing.

I thought it was hiralous, even thou alot of jokes may appear insulting and such but honestly, I thought Kevin Smith was a total genius with this movie :lol:

I agree that Jay and Silent Bob really made it "clinch" as a funny movie, if you know what I mean. I really did enjoy some specific parts so overall it wasn't too horrible. :)

I recently watched the movie Clerks II (which I believe was released in 2006) and although I do usually enjoy that type of humor in GENERAL, I found some of the jokes very offensive to certain groups of people, including deaf and hard of hearing people. Anyone know what I'm talking about? The character of Randall made a reference to what he thought was Anne Frank (but actually turned out to be Helen Keller) that was at the very least disturbing and definitely offended me. There was definitely a "deaf and dumb" element to the joke, which we all know is extremely outdated and totally irrelevant.

lol go cry about it some more. Clerks 2 was definatly awesome \m/

There will always be offensive things in funny movies, but it's a matter of how it's used.

In movies, they're not targeting anyone... but pointing out a common assumption or a figure of speech.

Ever see Blazing Saddles?

There will always be offensive things in funny movies, but it's a matter of how it's used.

In movies, they're not targeting anyone... but pointing out a common assumption or a figure of speech.

Ever see Blazing Saddles?

I don't think I've heard of that one. Enlighten me, please! :D

I don't think I've heard of that one. Enlighten me, please! :D
Blazing Saddles makes a lot of racial jokes. The same goes for History of the World: Part I and Spaceballs (along with culture jokes, religious jokes, sex jokes, etc). A lot of the jokes are direct and indirect, but were intended for humorous purposes since they're spoof movies.

I didn't really care because Randal is supposed to be "edgy" and offensive. His compatriot, Dante, is far more politically correct and respectful.

I love Kevin Smith as well. My favorite being "Clerk" (the first movie) with "Dogma" being a close second. I should hate Dogma because I am Roman Catholic, but there is so much truth, although at times vulgar, in it. I actually find it inspiring.

I haven't seen Clerks 2.

I find that movie is lame than the original one. Some funny but it's too much. That's all. It's just ok-okay to watch for once a while.

Movies rarely have this impact on me. I mean I watched The Quite just yesterday and the way the main character is treated by her schoolmates and family because of her deafness is insane and right down disgusting but hey.. it's just a movie.

Speaking of Kevin Smith films...
l_ecef475867794ef6bd909883fdaea658.jpg

Jason and I are totally bros.
Notice how he looks to be trippin balls? Because he is!. Seriously. Check out his facial expression :)

Back