Cigarettes prices.

Don't forget that some people will sneak in indian reservations to buy cigs, they're lot cheaper. Of course, not everywhere has that. I would be happy if people stop smoking, though. I just don't like breathing that crap.

That's my point!! They come down hard on us smokers b/c of the risks to us and others but nothing is EVER said about drinking. I'm sorry just like ya'll with our smoking, I don't want to be around drunk people and I certainly don't want to be in a car crash with a drunk. SO why can't they go after the achol. as well?? You can't come down on one group of people..

You think I don't complain about alcoholics?

My stepmother is an alcoholic. She is so horrible. She can't handle her liquor at all. I still have not forgotten what happened when I was 16. It was NOT pretty. In fact, it was so bad that my aunt (my dad's sister) and uncle and my two cousins packed up and left during the night it happened. This was on a camping trip when I was visiting with my dad and family for a few days (I was in foster care). First she slapped me in the face, and then she slammed the door on my little sister's fingers. And when my sister cried, my stepmother screamed at her to shut up and told her that she deserved it. Then the storm began, and she threatened to do something (I didn't catch what she said) and then ran off, and my dad had to go after her to make sure she did not hurt herself. My aunt and uncle saw EVERYTHING...they took care of us while my dad and stepmother was fighting, and then when they came back, and when we all went to bed, my aunt and uncle and my cousins packed up and left during the night. They hardly came around my dad's house ever again ever since that day. They avoid my stepmother like the plague, and makes all kinds of excuses so they didn't have to come over for holidays and stuff. EVERYBODY in my dad's family hates her, including my paternal grandparents. And I have refused to stay another night with my dad and his wife ever since...after that it was only day visits (for only a couple of hours or so) after I left foster care, and now I have not been back to their house ever since I moved away from Wisconsin in 2001. I make all kinds of excuses so I don't have to come visit, shit like I don't have money for plane tickets, or I'm sick or whatever. Anything. My sister used to go visit them, but then a year ago she requested a military leave for two weeks and she went to stay there to help my dad and stepmother out around the house while my stepmother had surgery for her Chiari malformation, and what does my stepmother do? Does she thank my sister? Nope. The ENTIRE TIME my stepmother was recovering from surgery and my sister was taking care of her and cleaning the house and doing EVERYTHING around the house while dad worked, my stepmother CONSTANTLY insulted my sister, calling her all kinds of names, including "slut" and "whore" and every single name in the book plus some more. Because she was always drunk, even after the surgery. She would not stay away from the drink. My sister was only able to put up with her and her bullshit for only THREE DAYS before she had enough and dropped everything and said "NO MORE!" and left. She left my stepmother to fend for herself because she was done being mistreated because our stepmother would not stay away from the alcohol. She went to stay at a friend's house until she was able to fly back to Virginia a week and a half later (because the plane ticket was non-exchangeable and non-refundable). She knew why I stayed away, and now she has not been back ever since. We're both done with her, and we're leaving her to our step-sisters to deal with her, and even they don't want to go back, they both live in Florida. What does that tell you? IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LIQUOR, CHECK YOURSELF INTO REHAB AND STOP DRINKING! I do not tolerate alcoholics at all, no matter how sad or horrible their pasts were. I had a horrible past, but I do not turn to alcohol to deal with it.

Also...my stepmother got hit by ANOTHER drunk driver in 1994. Her lung was punctured, her collarbone broken, her left leg broken, and I can't remember what else. She had to have surgery and she was in the hospital for two weeks. And my dad's car was totalled. That car was actually my late great-grandmother's and she had given it to my dad a few years before she died from leukemia. My stepmother was drinking before the accident, and she's still drinking after the accident. That accident has not taught her any lessons, obviously.

Everyday, I wish she would be locked up. Forever. I hate her. My sister hates her, too. Her and the other alcoholics who will not quit, who have hit bottom but still will not quit, who do not care about others but themselves, etc. Those people belong in a locked ward for the rest of their lives, especially if they REFUSE to get help EVEN after hitting bottom many times, continue to drink and drive, and still won't stop even with all kinds of resources out there such as AA and rehab and detox and psychiatric help and everything. I'm done trying to help those people if they refuse to help themselves. They have to want to help themselves if they want to dig themselves out of the black hole they dug for themselves. I can't make them get help, I can't force them, they have to want it, that's the problem. If they refuse to get help, then they should be locked up for the rest of their lives for our safety as well as their own safety. Why should we put up with their drunk driving and let them kill people that way? NO. Take away their licenses for good, and if they continue to treat us like shit and abuse us and other people, then lock them up and throw away the key. I'm done dealing with drunks.

And whenever I see someone in a car with an open bottle or can of alcohol, I will call the cops on them. Always. Even if they're just parked and just sitting in the car. Doesn't matter. I have actually done this two times, two different times, when I saw the open can or bottle.

So don't say that nothing is ever said about drinking, because I just said a hell of a lot!

You think I don't complain about alcoholics?

My stepmother is an alcoholic. She is so horrible. She can't handle her liquor at all. I still have not forgotten what happened when I was 16. It was NOT pretty. In fact, it was so bad that my aunt (my dad's sister) and uncle and my two cousins packed up and left during the night it happened. This was on a camping trip when I was visiting with my dad and family for a few days (I was in foster care). First she slapped me in the face, and then she slammed the door on my little sister's fingers. And when my sister cried, my stepmother screamed at her to shut up and told her that she deserved it. Then the storm began, and she threatened to do something (I didn't catch what she said) and then ran off, and my dad had to go after her to make sure she did not hurt herself. My aunt and uncle saw EVERYTHING...they took care of us while my dad and stepmother was fighting, and then when they came back, and when we all went to bed, my aunt and uncle and my cousins packed up and left during the night. They hardly came around my dad's house ever again ever since that day. They avoid my stepmother like the plague, and makes all kinds of excuses so they didn't have to come over for holidays and stuff. EVERYBODY in my dad's family hates her, including my paternal grandparents. And I have refused to stay another night with my dad and his wife ever since...after that it was only day visits (for only a couple of hours or so) after I left foster care, and now I have not been back to their house ever since I moved away from Wisconsin in 2001. I make all kinds of excuses so I don't have to come visit, shit like I don't have money for plane tickets, or I'm sick or whatever. Anything. My sister used to go visit them, but then a year ago she requested a military leave for two weeks and she went to stay there to help my dad and stepmother out around the house while my stepmother had surgery for her Chiari malformation, and what does my stepmother do? Does she thank my sister? Nope. The ENTIRE TIME my stepmother was recovering from surgery and my sister was taking care of her and cleaning the house and doing EVERYTHING around the house while dad worked, my stepmother CONSTANTLY insulted my sister, calling her all kinds of names, including "slut" and "whore" and every single name in the book plus some more. Because she was always drunk, even after the surgery. She would not stay away from the drink. My sister was only able to put up with her and her bullshit for only THREE DAYS before she had enough and dropped everything and said "NO MORE!" and left. She left my stepmother to fend for herself because she was done being mistreated because our stepmother would not stay away from the alcohol. She went to stay at a friend's house until she was able to fly back to Virginia a week and a half later (because the plane ticket was non-exchangeable and non-refundable). She knew why I stayed away, and now she has not been back ever since. We're both done with her, and we're leaving her to our step-sisters to deal with her, and even they don't want to go back, they both live in Florida. What does that tell you? IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LIQUOR, CHECK YOURSELF INTO REHAB AND STOP DRINKING! I do not tolerate alcoholics at all, no matter how sad or horrible their pasts were. I had a horrible past, but I do not turn to alcohol to deal with it.

Also...my stepmother got hit by ANOTHER drunk driver in 1994. Her lung was punctured, her collarbone broken, her left leg broken, and I can't remember what else. She had to have surgery and she was in the hospital for two weeks. And my dad's car was totalled. That car was actually my late great-grandmother's and she had given it to my dad a few years before she died from leukemia. My stepmother was drinking before the accident, and she's still drinking after the accident. That accident has not taught her any lessons, obviously.

Everyday, I wish she would be locked up. Forever. I hate her. My sister hates her, too. Her and the other alcoholics who will not quit, who have hit bottom but still will not quit, who do not care about others but themselves, etc. Those people belong in a locked ward for the rest of their lives, especially if they REFUSE to get help EVEN after hitting bottom many times, continue to drink and drive, and still won't stop even with all kinds of resources out there such as AA and rehab and detox and psychiatric help and everything. I'm done trying to help those people if they refuse to help themselves. They have to want to help themselves if they want to dig themselves out of the black hole they dug for themselves. I can't make them get help, I can't force them, they have to want it, that's the problem. If they refuse to get help, then they should be locked up for the rest of their lives for our safety as well as their own safety. Why should we put up with their drunk driving and let them kill people that way? NO. Take away their licenses for good, and if they continue to treat us like shit and abuse us and other people, then lock them up and throw away the key. I'm done dealing with drunks.

And whenever I see someone in a car with an open bottle or can of alcohol, I will call the cops on them. Always. Even if they're just parked and just sitting in the car. Doesn't matter. I have actually done this two times, two different times, when I saw the open can or bottle.

So don't say that nothing is ever said about drinking, because I just said a hell of a lot!

:jaw: Wow...just wow. Your stepmother sure is one big bitch from hell. Is your father still with her? If so, he's SO damn blind! he should seriously leave her...after what she did to you and your sister, as you two are his daughters and he still let her hurt his own daughters and taking over everything and even forcing him to choose her or his own daughters? Whatever happend to "family come first?" Obviously shes one dumb bitch no offense...I've been there before well sort of. My ex stepfather was drunk afew times before and took VERY violent acts on us even almost hit my mom but lucky she dodged as he punched a hole in the wall beside her.

I really dont blame you and your sister staying out of ur stepmother's life after what she done so not worth going back until she find a way to change herself.

Hopefully someday your father will wake up and smell the coffe seeing what gotten into that woman.

:jaw: Wow...just wow. Your stepmother sure is one big bitch from hell. Is your father still with her? If so, he's SO damn blind! he should seriously leave her...after what she did to you and your sister, as you two are his daughters and he still let her hurt his own daughters and taking over everything and even forcing him to choose her or his own daughters? Whatever happend to "family come first?" Obviously shes one dumb bitch no offense...I've been there before well sort of. My ex stepfather was drunk afew times before and took VERY violent acts on us even almost hit my mom but lucky she dodged as he punched a hole in the wall beside her.

I really dont blame you and your sister staying out of ur stepmother's life after what she done so not worth going back until she find a way to change herself.

Hopefully someday your father will wake up and smell the coffe seeing what gotten into that woman.

Yes, he is still with the bitch, unfortunately. I honestly do not see what he sees in her. All I see in her is pure evil and pure hatred. Yes, he chose her over me, gave me up to the state, and then allowed her to treat my sister like shit while still keeping her. As for us being his daughters, there are speculations as to whether I am his daughter. No one will ever know as my mother had passed away in 1990. Yeah, there's DNA testing, but if I ask him to do that, he will get psychotic on me. He's VERY scary when he's angry. He has that look in his eyes that he gets when he's very angry. :cold: No thanks. I don't need that much anger in my life. I don't like anger.

I have no hopes of her ever changing...I gave up that hope many years ago. I and my sister do not have the time nor the energy to hope for her to change. We have other things we need to be concerned about, including ourselves and our own mother's family. They matter to us more than that bitch ever will.

Interesting...seems you and your sister are completely different from your father...it may be possible that your father isnt related to you so who knows.

Ah well at least your fine where you are now...I think.

LOL, yeah, jack up prices to give that impression that to do so legally..the product becomes unaffordable, then watch people beat that by buying cigerettes over the internet or the black market. *golf clap*

Retarded if you ask me.

LOL, yeah, jack up prices to give that impression that to do so legally..the product becomes unaffordable, then watch people beat that by buying cigerettes over the internet or the black market. *golf clap*

Retarded if you ask me.

They are fixing to hike the prices up more next month in Arkansas. Looks like I'll be driving to OK and MO each month

They are fixing to hike the prices up more next month in Arkansas. Looks like I'll be driving to OK and MO each month

Do you smoke in your house or do you go outside to smoke? If you smoke inside your house, I truly hope your children doesn't get lung cancer from second-hand smoke. I feel sorry for them.

Do you smoke in your house or do you go outside to smoke? If you smoke inside your house, I truly hope your children doesn't get lung cancer from second-hand smoke. I feel sorry for them.

Keep in mind, Lucia....smoking is a legal activity. As long as she is not smoking in your house, you really have no business telling her what to do in her own. That is tatamount to telling someone that they can't have an abortion because it violates your values. And I know you don't approve of that.:cool2:

Keep in mind, Lucia....smoking is a legal activity. As long as she is not smoking in your house, you really have no business telling her what to do in her own. That is tatamount to telling someone that they can't have an abortion because it violates your values. And I know you don't approve of that.:cool2:

:ty::gpost:

Do you always go around and get into people's business?? I don't get into yours stay out of mine. I have lived with someone telling me what I can and can't do, how I should live or not.. I be damned I'm going to allow you to do the same thing. I left b/c of that shit. My kids, my house, my life is none of your DAMN business. It is completely uncalled for the way you go after me. With every thread I post you always have some stupid ass comment to come back at me and attack me or my family. Stay the hell away from my post.

rrreeellllaaaaxxxx and take a deep breath.

Everyone have their own perferences and rules so...some people dont like smoking while some people like smoking.

That's that. nothing can be done about that.

That is a huge increase! It will probably be cheaper to buy illegal drugs instead...

:wave: Everything is going up in price, I've noticed.

K, I smoke about a pack a day of Cowboy Killer's (Marlboro red box). I buy them in Georgia because they are cheaper than Florida (tax). Just like gasoline. When I fill up my truck, I buy cig's.

Yes, one day I would enjoy being a non smoker, until that day arrives, I pay the price (health and money), whatever it is.

Anyone may ask me any questions about my smoking habits. CAUTION: You may not like my answer. Too bad, so sad. :giggle:

Peace! :)

My workplace has smoking room for employees, I did notice that some of their children are carried into smoking room with them.

Generally, smoking is legal activity but there's some exception in individual state, such as it's illegal to smoking in car with child in CA.

Tobacco is one of the main source for Kentucky's state economy other than coals and among other stuffs.

While jacking up on the tobacco prices may be valid but on the other hand, if the government is subsidizing it for tax reasons, then why can't the government jack up the prices for other stuffs too?

If you ask me - Smoking is a legal activity just as much as drinking alcohol is too. Both of these are harmful to your heath but yet, again - it is the people's choice to either smoke/drink or don't smoke/drink.

My workplace has smoking room for employees, I did notice that some of their children are carried into smoking room with them.

Generally, smoking is legal activity but there's some exception in individual state, such as it's illegal to smoking in car with child in CA.

In Ontario, Canada, it is now illegal to smoke with children inside the car.

In Iowa it is banned in restaurants, bars, workplaces, college campuses, and most public places.

Back