CI Survey (I know... not another one!)

tarynrenae

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been posting on AD for a little while now, and I've been enjoying meeting new people on this forum. :) As you may or may not know already, I'm a grad student going for a masters' in Deaf Education.

For one of my classes, we have to do an action research project, in which we gather data about a certain question or problem. My topic is about cochlear implants, and how long people wear them for. 10-15 years ago, when I was still a kid, I had many Deaf friends that had cochlear implants and wore them regularly, but I would say about 95% of them do not continue to wear them anymore today. I am curious if this is commonplace or just a weird, random occurrence in my particular group of friends.

Soooo... if you have had your CI for more than five years, I would love it if you took my survey! It should take less than 10 minutes (probably not even 5!) for you to do, and I would be eternally grateful. I would also appreciate it if you were kind enough to pass the link onto whoever you think may be a good fit for this survey!

Here's the link! Survey | Cochlear Implants

Of course, any personal information & answers you may provide will be kept confidential, and only general data will be shared with my class. Nothing outside of that.

Thank you!!

I'm afraid you'll have to wait another year before I chime in as I got my CI 4 years ago.

Hey guys,

Thanks A LOT to those who have completed my survey. However, I still need a few more responses... so please, if you haven't already, please consider "donating" a few minutes of your time!

I'd really appreciate it. :)

Thanks!!

Aww... Tell you what, if I can't get enough people (aiming for at least 20-30, hopefully) I'll be willing to lessen the requirements. Deal? :)

I think there are not that many here on this board with a CI with 5+ years in. I don't think even 10 or so. At least not active posters.

I kind of assume that those who do and haven't responded are probably tired of these questions. Too many have come through this way doing this. That's why we have the other thread for this purpose. Just FYI.

I think there are not that many here on this board with a CI with 5+ years in. I don't think even 10 or so. At least not active posters.

I kind of assume that those who do and haven't responded are probably tired of these questions. Too many have come through this way doing this. That's why we have the other thread for this purpose. Just FYI.

Yeah, I knew it was a long shot getting any of you to answer these questions, because even I roll my eyes at all the surveys I see posted online. It does get old after a while, but for now it's a cross I have to bear! I really want to make sure the people who responded are truly thanked & appreciated for their efforts, though. I, at least, am not one of these people who signed up for an account at AD just for the sake of getting survey answers. I've been enjoying the community here for a little while & plan to stay around. :)

I don't know what thread you are talking about, though? Maybe I missed something... Apologies, if so.

Mind you, I'm not writing this to be harsh. Just explaining why you're likely not getting a lot of replies.

Good luck with your paper! :)

Mind you, I'm not writing this to be harsh. Just explaining why you're likely not getting a lot of replies.

Good luck with your paper! :)

No worries, I totally understand you aren't trying to be harsh. I actually feel the same way as you about surveys, but posting this on AD was one of my best options, along with Facebook.

& Thanks. :)

Took it!! Is it ok to fill my survey coz I living outside US?

Yes, absolutely fine! Thank you :)

I got a friend of mine to do it who is not on AD.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Back