Ci removal

If people are willing to share the names of Doctors they think are good for explant I would really appreciate it! If you do not want to post public please send me a private message.

I talked to my mom a bit more about it today and she is going to help me look into doctors! She said it dosent matter if they are in Florida, so If you know a good explant Doctor please share with me!!

If people are willing to share the names of Doctors they think are good for explant I would really appreciate it! If you do not want to post public please send me a private message.

I talked to my mom a bit more about it today and she is going to help me look into doctors! She said it dosent matter if they are in Florida, so If you know a good explant Doctor please share with me!!

im thrilled your mother is supporting you

im thrilled your mother is supporting you

Thanks PFH! She dosent want to rush or jump into it, she wants to make sure we find a good DR. and that this is right thing to do (which I think it is!).

She also told me tonight if I get the implant out she thinks it will be better if I goto a Deaf college :) which Ive wanted to do for years!

I have cochlear implant suspect doens't work my headache I believe it I figure out reading on seems high risk migrane if suppose headache doctor told me I believe it aware reading risk on remove I am careful on cope on my health!!

Looks like you are going to be needing to apply to Gally or RIT!!! Congrats! I hope it works out for you!!!

I read this thread and caused me sad! :( Good luck and Hope nothing serious if remove the CI...

FF'post... Oh my gawd about mold! :ugh:

Shoshana, The only doctors I know are in Baltimore, Maryland at Johns Hopkins. They are fantastic. Might be too far for you to go though. I believe these guys are focused on the success of the patients. They are pro-CI but I am confident they would support an explant.

I know a doctor within New haven area in Connecticut that is named one of the top surgeons for head surgeries, mainly implants.

Like cheetah said, they're pro CI but they would be more then happy to explant (since they make money for that as well) as I had mine explanted by this doctor I said above and he did a very good job. Took him 2 hours for explant and on the same day, did implant.
Not to mention, he has done my left side 3 years ago as well. He has done 3 times on my head and im more than happy with his practices with me. Look at my sig for detailed surgery I had a few months ago!

PM me if you're interested in the docs name and location of his office. He does his operations at Yale.

Today I went to my Audiologist who thinks taking the implant out would NOT stop these attacks from happening :( Ive known her all my life and trust her 150%. She said it is up to me, but dosent want me to JUMP. She gave me a list of things to do, and Doctors to see if they can help me. I am sad.

I read this thread and caused me sad! :( Good luck and Hope nothing serious if remove the CI...

FF'post... Oh my gawd about mold! :ugh:

Don't worry I handle it! I reading! we protect to safe support to my confidental my personal I knew!

that is why reason risk on dangerous on implant is easy scared!

Today I went to my Audiologist who thinks taking the implant out would NOT stop these attacks from happening :( Ive known her all my life and trust her 150%. She said it is up to me, but dosent want me to JUMP. She gave me a list of things to do, and Doctors to see if they can help me. I am sad.

aww that is sad! should be fight to because doctor suggest to sue to doctor, reason not fault your

reason issues on cause suffer implant, I support to you I can help anayle I will search find recommand link I will update, FLA reason you have insurance or something cover team audiologist, I think so instead private doctor family good prevent to audiogolist don't know

I am very back up on private doctor reading he know how figure out discuss private on the agree to communication to sugrery straight!

CI Removal...no debate

I do vertigo exercises because I was diagnosed with dehiscence before my implantation based on CT scan. Also the docs should test you for Meinere's disease too, both of which can cause vertigo issues. They fixed my dehiscence by doing a middle fossa craniotomy, but I still have had vertigo attacks.

I did read where a young woman had her CI removed and while it is irreversible she is happy to have it out of her head.

Hope you get resolution to your situation and find someone who will remove it for you. Also after attending a meeting, I learned that the magnet can be removed and they can do an MRI, which would reveal any type of condition.

Non invasive testing doesn't always reveal the tale of the tape. It's the unsolved mysteries that are so frustrating.

All the best...

Shoshana, I hope things work out the way you want so you feel better soon! :)

I do vertigo exercises because I was diagnosed with dehiscence before my implantation based on CT scan. Also the docs should test you for Meinere's disease too, both of which can cause vertigo issues. They fixed my dehiscence by doing a middle fossa craniotomy, but I still have had vertigo attacks.

I did read where a young woman had her CI removed and while it is irreversible she is happy to have it out of her head.

Hope you get resolution to your situation and find someone who will remove it for you. Also after attending a meeting, I learned that the magnet can be removed and they can do an MRI, which would reveal any type of condition.

Non invasive testing doesn't always reveal the tale of the tape. It's the unsolved mysteries that are so frustrating.

All the best...

At first I thought Meniers and went for testing but came back with no answer because of the implant. The ENT said he thinks its a bad migrane disorder so I need to go see a special Dr. for that.

Shoshana, I hope things work out the way you want so you feel better soon! :)

Thanks alleycat! Even if they dont remove it, but can help me I will be happy! I do not use the implant much anyways even know everyone tells me to.

My audiologist wants me to use the implant because she feels it will help my balance if I use that and my aid, but when I put the implant on i feel my balance is worse.

I go back to my audiologist in a week or so for my new ear molds, HA adjustment, she is going to play around with the CI programing and another DR. there is going to be doing a crystal ear excersice....anyone heard of that? They said it might help with balance so im willing to try it!

My balance issues were all migraine related. I don't have my migraines under control, but I have them reduced to the point I am not having balance issues anymore. I am confident that my migraines destroyed my hearing and weakened my balance. I am quite pleased to finally be down to only one migraine a week.

Thanks alleycat! Even if they dont remove it, but can help me I will be happy! I do not use the implant much anyways even know everyone tells me to.

My audiologist wants me to use the implant because she feels it will help my balance if I use that and my aid, but when I put the implant on i feel my balance is worse.

I go back to my audiologist in a week or so for my new ear molds, HA adjustment, she is going to play around with the CI programing and another DR. there is going to be doing a crystal ear excersice....anyone heard of that? They said it might help with balance so im willing to try it!

Thats the part I don't get. Why do people TELL you to use the CI? It should be about what YOU want.

Thats the part I don't get. Why do people TELL you to use the CI? It should be about what YOU want.

Because people who do that want to control others and dont want to accodomate to our deafness.

Back