Ci removal

I understand that any surgical procedure there is some "difficulty". To some of the above what about all persons who had/have a Cochlear Implant -now WITHOUT THE ABOVE STATED PROBLEMS- Luck? The "right surgeon"?

I acknowledge that I have had my Implant just 4 years- so far no "pupil problem" (I have been checked by the eye doctor -last 5 years-so far okay!)

Not exactly wondering what might happen- "implant wise"- over the next 25 years when I reached "old age of 100".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

no idea what are talk to you? I guess I don't understand no sense!
you means on 100 yrs? huh no way!

seems on confused!

no idea what are talk to you? I guess I don't understand no sense!
you means on 100 yrs? huh no way!

seems on confused!

Basically what he is saying that he hasn't had any problems with his implant and hopes to not have problems in the future.

Basically what he is saying that he hasn't had any problems with his implant and hopes to not have problems in the future.

I give up because reason! Important because appropriate because trust me! It is very seems too much! I am serious! I Notice review your personal!

yea, and works well for a lot of people. But obviously here a lot of people that have issues with it too. It shouldnt be a "one size fits all" because Its not, Doctors really should do more testing than just a hearing test before implant to try to lessen the chances of bad experiance with implant. I dont know exactly what to do, but do something to weed out people who body might react like mine and travis and not implant. Seriously, I had for 4 years now! I live with this for 4 years! Waste 4 years of my life and my safty and the money!

I know several CI users who had problems with it and either got explanted or plan on it. Of course I know those who are somewhat satisfied. I say "somewhat" because none of them struck me as being thrilled with it. But hey, that is from just my observations. I have nothing against CI's unless they implant a toddler or baby. I have a good friend whose son attends a Deaf school, and she tells me she will leave the decision of implanting up to him at a later date.

I know several CI users who had problems with it and either got explanted or plan on it. Of course I know those who are somewhat satisfied. I say "somewhat" because none of them struck me as being thrilled with it. But hey, that is from just my observations. I have nothing against CI's unless they implant a toddler or baby. I have a good friend whose son attends a Deaf school, and she tells me she will leave the decision of implanting up to him at a later date.

yes and another thing is the people down play the risk of any complications or ill effects. I remember this part clearly because the two things that scared me the most at the time were losing control of that side of my face (not be able to smile) and losing my taste. They tell you risk of stuff happen but they down play it, like its such small chance. I do not think its right.

yea, and works well for a lot of people. But obviously here a lot of people that have issues with it too. It shouldnt be a "one size fits all" because Its not, Doctors really should do more testing than just a hearing test before implant to try to lessen the chances of bad experiance with implant. I dont know exactly what to do, but do something to weed out people who body might react like mine and travis and not implant. Seriously, I had for 4 years now! I live with this for 4 years! Waste 4 years of my life and my safty and the money!

I support to you :) I coceern you personal I understand solve tough! I confidently her because experience I can help you! I understand you feeling!

I am very experience help her!
tragic on feeling sad because I am really support to her! we are supportive I am lots of help her issues problem suffer

I experience struggle I was 12 till almost depend 14yrs fight to then tough terrible on long frustrated CI!

I can help her I tell reason support to communication to her! issues problem symptomatic tough!

I am cocern her is very suffer pain!

AD supportive help hugs important to fix on resolve improve feedback

OP communication

I am experience lots of frustrated my bi9 cochlear implant! I am tried on doctor because parents control me! parents force me reason!

I aware it tough on!

Last edited:
yes and another thing is the people down play the risk of any complications or ill effects. I remember this part clearly because the two things that scared me the most at the time were losing control of that side of my face (not be able to smile) and losing my taste. They tell you risk of stuff happen but they down play it, like its such small chance. I do not think its right.

Right. They play down the risks to a level where it ought to be criminal.

I support to you :) I coceern you personal I understand solve tough! I confidently her because experience I can help you! I understand you feeling!

I am very experience help her!
tragic on feeling sad because I am really support to her! we are supportive I am lots of help her issues problem suffer

I experience struggle I was 12 till almost depend 14yrs fight to then tough terrible on long frustrated CI!

I can help her I tell reason support to communication to her! issues problem symptomatic tough!

I am cocern her is very suffer pain!

AD supportive help hugs important to fix on resolve improve feedback

OP communication

I am experience lots of frustrated my bi9 cochlear implant! I am tried on doctor because parents control me and issues on doctor!

I aware it tough on!

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT!! :hug:

Right. They play down the risks to a level where it ought to be criminal.

Exactly! They do it because if people know the higher risk might not get the implant--they will not get more money. It is wrong, obviously bigger risk than they tell people!

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT!! :hug:

your welcome I found it bio

*remove link*

I found it old my bio long time

I tell you let know my reading :)

my personal

I will send to pm!

Lots of research pretty aware it!

Exactly! They do it because if people know the higher risk might not get the implant--they will not get more money. It is wrong, obviously bigger risk than they tell people!

who is cover pay for your health insurance something, who is pay government something!

I have experience on ask government because social worker approval on surgerical because I was luck

social worker discuss to doctor arrangement prepare process on my implant!
time!

You can have it explanted if you feel it's due to cochlear implant.

In some implants, they form harmful biofilm (film of bacteria) and they cause infections or other health issues. Antibiotics CANNOT cure it because biofilms are TIGHTLY woven together and is resistant to antibiotics.

Scientists are working on ways to break down the biofilms on implants and even implants that resist formation of biofilms.

You can have it explanted if you feel it's due to cochlear implant.

In some implants, they form harmful biofilm (film of bacteria) and they cause infections or other health issues. Antibiotics CANNOT cure it because biofilms are TIGHTLY woven together and is resistant to antibiotics.

Scientists are working on ways to break down the biofilms on implants and even implants that resist formation of biofilms.

How would they know if it is this?

Shortly after being implanted I got a VERY bad ear infection cause so much pain I would cry! I went back to dr. who had to vacume out the infection puss, it was very gross--he said the largest piece was size of an eraser!

How would they know if it is this?

Shortly after being implanted I got a VERY bad ear infection cause so much pain I would cry! I went back to dr. who had to vacume out the infection puss, it was very gross--he said the largest piece was size of an eraser!

They can't. They can only assume based on what you report. It does sound bad tho. :(

The only way to know is to remove it and examine if there's biofilm on it.

Did you take antibiotics before the implant surgery?

They can't. They can only assume based on what you report. It does sound bad tho. :(

The only way to know is to remove it and examine if there's biofilm on it.

Did you take antibiotics before the implant surgery?

I dont recall if I did...I dont think I did....but after I was for the infection when they vacumed it out.

Is this "biofilm" common?

I'd think it's common. But please understand that presence of biofilm does NOT necessary mean there will be infection. It's usually the biofilm of Staph aureus that is causing problems. We don't know if other bacterias can cause same problems.

Back