Christy Smith (Survivor: The Amazon)

R

RatPirate

Hi... I met her in Deaf Expo... I cant believe that she was there. I and Ahmad are going early wait for her... Before they are long line...

She is so cool...
Picture2722.jpg

she came to TSD last year to meet every1 and share her experiences.. i have it on my senior videotape :)

i know her from Aspen Camp School for the Deaf.. summer 2002 she was staff there.. i was camper and she is cool person.. we do talk sometime by email.. i was shocked when she was in Survivor: The Amazon

RatPirate said:
Hi... I met her in Deaf Expo... I cant believe that she was there. I and Ahmad are going early wait for her... Before they are long line...

She is so cool...
Picture2722.jpg

cool picture....umm....permission to put that on my Christy website, please?

I am sooo pissed at myself for not taking a camera to Deaf Expo—I had no idea that Christy was going to be there! :pissed: Here’s a cute pic of my wife and Christy, taken at a Deaf trade show in September of 2003. :)

Attachments

• 107_0724.JPG
    107_0724.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 95
Is she as nice in person as they say she is? I've heard a lot of good things about her.

Nice pixs I see. Yeah, I met Christy three times in Colorado that where I live right now. Miss her wide smiling big time!

my sister interviewed her for 'Deafnation' -- just after Christy finished 'Survivor'. Sister said Christy was a very friendly and down to earth person. :D Her interview can be seen on the deafnation site.

I've wondered how she is handling all this fame and attention that she surely is getting nowadays? Is there any member here that knows her as a friend and have any idea how being on this show has greatly impacted her life?

Roadrunner said:
I've wondered how she is handling all this fame and attention that she surely is getting nowadays? Is there any member here that knows her as a friend and have any idea how being on this show has greatly impacted her life?

I talk with her often online (due to my association with developing a Christy message board). To answer that question (which, BTW, she said was good), she doesn't see herself as being "famous", but Survivor has opened a door for her (direct quote was "I am walking through the door of unlimited oppurtunities which is incredible. Learning so much. I also know that I have become a role model for so many people. And am very grateful.")

Right now, she's in the development stage of creating a PBS children's adventure show, trying to get funding for it now, but has shot the pilot episode of the show back in the summertime.

Hope this answers your question. She told me thanks. :)

Sarah

cjester27, thanks for the reply and the answers as well--It's good to know that she is able to handle all the attention in a good way besides having opportunities opening up that might not have if it wasn't for her exposure on the T.V. series...what's even more interesting is in her quest to initiate a children's show on PBS, btw, what was the name of the pilot show? Also, does she already have a 'name' for her broadcast that she is currently working on?

Finally, speaking of her saying 'thanks'...have her come here and visit (and join) Alldeaf.com! ;)

Roadrunner said:
cjester27, thanks for the reply and the answers as well--It's good to know that she is able to handle all the attention in a good way besides having opportunities opening up that might not have if it wasn't for her exposure on the T.V. series...what's even more interesting is in her quest to initiate a children's show on PBS, btw, what was the name of the pilot show? Also, does she already have a 'name' for her broadcast that she is currently working on?

Hmm....don't know the actual name of the pilot, but the show is entitled "Christy's Kids: Challenge Yourself" (website for the show is here ). Right now, her intentions are to have it broadcast first on Colorado PBS, then subsequently to be broadcast nationally.

Finally, speaking of her saying 'thanks'...have her come here and visit (and join) Alldeaf.com! ;)

I'll...see if she's interested.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====87449&nbc1=1

OK....while doing an online search for a friend of mine for this evening's Survivor show. While doing that I was able to find the above website from Christy's appearance at Deaf Expo West. It's thumbnails, however; you need to pay at LEAST $10/month to see any of the larger images on the website.

ALSO, for those interested, her new PBS show starts airing on channel KBDI in Denver at 9:30a.m. on December 26, 2004. For more information, go to:

www.christyskids.tv

Hope this helps.

Sarah

Lasza said:
Nice pixs I see. Yeah, I met Christy three times in Colorado that where I live right now. Miss her wide smiling big time!
I see you more often than Christy :D

Levonian said:
I am sooo pissed at myself for not taking a camera to Deaf Expo—I had no idea that Christy was going to be there! :pissed: Here’s a cute pic of my wife and Christy, taken at a Deaf trade show in September of 2003. :)

same with ratpirate.

you look like you are about 5"2-5"3

I am tall chick. :-P

Back