Christian Women Only: Modesty According To The Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my main point of all Christians today. Many of them are hypocrites.

My husband argues with this Christian woman at work almost daily about the Bible. He said that she is always contradicting herself and he calls her a big hypocrite.

yes, I dress modestly. but mostly to keep from attracting attention from men. Some christian women have different level of modesty. Some think if the clothes is made for women (fashions change over time) and it is not too slutty (covers most of their body), it is modest. Other think otherwise like this site: Momof9's Place Delight thyself also in the LORD It is whatever the Lord convince them to do, so they don't cause themselves or others to stumble in the future.

and some are just baby christians who just didn't know better.

Headcovering, well that explain on that site too.

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Another thing about women pants, well some say that if it a pant that men would NOT dare to wear because it is design for a woman, Then it is not a dressing like a man.

some say that men wore robe in bible time so does it make them wearing a women clothing?

BTW, are you having issue with Lust? is that why you are saying "Today is the 21st century. Time's changing" is unexcusable? That a simple well fitted pant that not too slutty is just not modest enough for you?

Last edited:
"If there is a question as to whether or not her hair is too short, then it is too short. God's people should not try to dance on the very edge of the revealed will of God. There should be no question in the minds of those who observe us that we are obeying God's Word. The Lord exhorts us to approve things that are excellent, not things which are mediocre and borderline and questionable (Read Phil. 1:10)."

1Cr 11:6 For if the woman be not covered with long hair, let her also be shorn (have a short hair cut): but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. (I like to think about my mom with cancer. Because she is a woman, and her hair fell out, she feel very ashamed of it. You know that it is natural for a women to grab a covering like a scarf or a wig when they feel like they look like a man. But that's just my opinion)

Yeah! Good point!

That's obviously proof that Christian woman don't really listen to God! Tsk tsk tsk... :nono:
Really, are u telling me I do not listen to God? U do not know me at all.

Orthodox Jewish women do -not- wear the same clothes. They must cover themselves up to their collarbones, past their elbows, and past their knees (even sitting). They don't wear pants. They don't wear certain colours. They have to cover their hair or wear a wig once they marry.

something like this might be something a younger girl would wear
setMint.jpg

or
cordwrapnavy.GIF

while a christian woman would look a little more like..
91829.jpg

or
quaker_on_the_great_plains.jpg

A.jpg

Interest here, I never met Orthdox Jewish woman who wear like this. I do know few Christian women who wear something like here.

Interest here, I never met Orthdox Jewish woman who wear like this. I do know few Christian women who wear something like here.

I guess I am confused...in those pics, are they Amish people?

the first one is the jewish,

the others are probably old garman baptist, anabaptist, or quakers

the first one is the jewish,

the others are probably old garman baptist, anabaptist, or quakers
I agree, my grandmother used to wear a bonnet to work on the farm and protected her head and neck from the sun.

Really, are u telling me I do not listen to God? U do not know me at all.

Certainly we do not know you but if you claim to be the follower of God, you ought to follow whatever God says. Too many Christians do not practice the literal word of the Bible, including men who shave themselves to look like women.

I judge Christian women who claim to follow God but more than often they do not follow every step.

you know, it isn't your place to judge a christian and teach them, since you have not accepted Jesus as your savior (or have you? if so, then preach it to us) which make you have specks in your own eyes, meaning you are still under sins:

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

you know, it isn't your place to judge a christian and teach them, since you have not accepted Jesus as your savior (or have you? if so, then preach it to us) which make you have specks in your own eyes, meaning you are still under sins:

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I retract my statement. I generally do not judge people, even if I see a drug addict or a gay person or an immodest woman. But I do compare them to the Bible if they claim to be Christian. Most certainly I do not tell them that in their face as it is unnecessary but it would simply be a reminder for myself. I observe Muslims as well and far too many of them do not follow the every word of God. And I know that God is the final judge of all judgments. ;)

I retract my statement. I generally do not judge people, even if I see a drug addict or a gay person or an immodest woman. But I do compare them to the Bible if they claim to be Christian. Most certainly I do not tell them that in their face as it is unnecessary but it would simply be a reminder for myself. I observe Muslims as well and far too many of them do not follow the every word of God. And I know that God is the final judge of all judgments. ;)

I have a high respect for Jewish people, BTW. There is a reason behind it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back