Christchurch earthquake

another way of saying how close i am to Christchurch is that I am about 1 hour plane flight away from there.

Wow! Such devastation. I hope more people can be rescued from the rubble.

That's scary stuff! I really hope SG is okay.. and im glad the othe NZlanders are okay :)

wow that is very surprised! risk dangerous earthly afraid!

I had just left Christchurch about 40 minutes before the quake hit!!! An appointment (centre in the city) had been cancelled so I left Christchurch earlier than expected!!!! Very Scary. Felt a massive aftershocks when I stopped in Ashburton. I am very lucky.

I had just left Christchurch about 40 minutes before the quake hit!!! An appointment (centre in the city) had been cancelled so I left Christchurch earlier than expected!!!! Very Scary. Felt a massive aftershocks when I stopped in Ashburton. I am very lucky.
Wow! I'm very glad that you escaped the quake just in time. Whew!

I'm glad you are ok, krazykatkitty. I believe that's some serious divine intervention going on there!

I know. Honestly, I cannot believe it. 98 confirmed victims of Tuesday's 6.3 magnitude quake with at least 92 in a temporary morgue set up by police in Christchurch. About 226 people is still missing.

Hi ya all,

I am alive and still in New Zealand, only have a few more days to go then I'm flying back to Australia.

I wasn't in Christchurch, only spending the time in Auckland, North Island, like someone mentioned about my Grandma funeral.

It was shocking to see on breaking news about Christchurch earthquake on TV. It does look like a war zone and Christchurch city seems to sunk down. It look shocking when realizing that Christchurch city land is made of sand.

There is another AD NZer, Sasha64. She is doing fine too.

Hi ya all,

I am alive and still in New Zealand, only have a few more days to go then I'm flying back to Australia.

I wasn't in Christchurch, only spending the time in Auckland, North Island, like someone mentioned about my Grandma funeral.

It was shocking to see on breaking news about Christchurch earthquake on TV. It does look like a war zone and Christchurch city seems to sunk down. It look shocking when realizing that Christchurch city land is made of sand.

There is another AD NZer, Sasha64. She is doing fine too.

You are safe! I m sorry for your loss of grandmother.

Wirelessly posted

It is so great to know AD'ers are okay. :D Still, those victims in Christchurch are in my prayer thoughts...

Yeah, sand in the middle of an earthquake acts just like water.....glad to hear that all ADers are safe. I remember Sasha from other sites as well....wish she would visit here...nice gal....

Back