Children need be spank for misbehave?

• Yes: Explain why?

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • No: Explain why?

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
:shock: You've been whipped with a belt and punched in the face? He should be charge with assault.

I had reported on a person that I used to know for years, she used a wooden spoon on her son and he developed bruises on his arms. I couldn't sit back and watch this go on, so I called child abuse hot line and of course her child is no longer with her. If I did nothing to protect that child, God would only know what would had happened. It does not only takes a village to raise a child, it also takes a village to keep a child safe. ;)

I could see why it was wrong.. but im not totally screwed up..I still fear my father and mother both very much.. but i think that makes me respect them more... :) soo i dont see it as a bad thing really.

Did you read both of website??

The first link about spank children with discipline. This article does not intend to either promote or discourage spanking, but rather is intended to give parents correct instruction on using non-abusive spanking in discipline.

You don't want be spank your children. It's your decide. You can use discipline without spank.

Yes I know.

Even though there is a way to use spanking as discipline and there is a way where it is abusive. My father used to "spank" me to the point it was more than just spanking. I wouldn't ever want to go there with my kids.

Just my opinion.

I would vote no. But at sometimes, a simple smack on the rump is needed (with ur hand), and a verbal/sign "NO"! I ground my boys, and take away priviledges when they misbehave or break the rules.
I agree. It depends on how hard the spanking is. I've seen cases where the spanking is so hard that it leaves bruises. That's not something I approve of. If it's a mild spanking with a firm "NO" (along with some other punishment), then I'm fine with it. Simply saying "NO" isn't going to solve everything for these kids.

I cannot imagine my children being afraid of me. I don't want the kind of respect that comes out of fear. That's not the kind of relationship I want with my kids.

I'm an attachment parenting person, though, so my philosophy is somewhat out of the mainstream. Breastfeed 'em and wear 'em is my deal.

The point of disipline is to teach a child to think and make good decisions. Hitting shows a child that if you are bigger you get your way and that violence is the way to get what you want. That is not what I want to teach my child.

I agreed with you Sallylou and faire_jour

I was spanked before, and it did effect me terribly. It only made me a quiet, shy, and not talkive person. I felt so scared of my mom if I made any cheaper mistake. Spanking only brought me some low-esteem... :(

When I have kids someday, I absolutely do not want to spank them.

I agreed with you Sallylou and faire_jour

I was spanked before, and it did effect me terribly. It only made me a quiet, shy, and not talkive person. I felt so scared of my mom if I made any cheaper mistake. Spanking only brought me some low-esteem... :(

When I have kids someday, I absolutely do not want to spank them.

I understand how do you feeling. My old teacher were abuse on me with paddle on my buttock so hard. She grabbed my cheeks. I cried so loud. It was hurt! She spanked on other kids in front of me! I really hate her! I tried to report to my mom that teacher done to me. She wouldn't believe me. The teacher died of stroke. I was so happy! But I forgave her anyway. I had a low-esteem too.

Later on I told my mom again. My mom shocked and didn't know that. I told her I wish she would believe me in first place. But it's too late now. She said it's new law for all teachers can't spank on children.

I agree. It depends on how hard the spanking is. I've seen cases where the spanking is so hard that it leaves bruises. That's not something I approve of. If it's a mild spanking with a firm "NO" (along with some other punishment), then I'm fine with it. Simply saying "NO" isn't going to solve everything for these kids.

I agree, Certainly it is not going to solve everything.

I believe spanking should be used in moderation; not just to overdo it because when it becomes a habit, it isn't the finest at it's best.

my dads best parenting tip is

make sure your kids are always scared of you. and dont get other people to spank your kids do it yourself

i have blocked out most of my childhood. which annoys me no end

well in my belive kid should get spanking but in love-kindness way make sure kid is well decpline belive me i have see 9 kid are well obey all the family is ( homeschool) ( most time around with thier father) ( less embress and less scar for life)

belive me i see it must more handle than other non christan family thier behave was much worse far off

I've come across so many families that see using corporal punishment as some sort of way of following the Bible. Doesn't make sense to me either. Anyway, we should probably cut off the religious discussion here.

what does homeschooling have to with it?

:shock:
well in my belive kid should get spanking but in love-kindness way make sure kid is well decpline belive me i have see 9 kid are well obey all the family is ( homeschool) ( most time around with thier father) ( less embress and less scar for life)
:shock::shock::shock:

what does homschooling have to do with it. I am homeschooling myself at moment because I have aged out of state foster care. I was homeschooled in my foster placements.

i dont what the laws of your state are but the augement that homeschooling means that its ok to asalt your is ok is :barf:

and doesnt work in new zealand

I was spanked by the hand, whipped with a belt and wooden spoon by my parents for serious behaviors like coloring all of the walls in my mom's house, telling my brother to give my mom the bird when he was only 4 years old, stealing a magazine from a store, and going into my uncle's personal stuff. I dont feel traumatized and looking back, what I did warranted the spankings. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion about spanking and I respect all the different views. I think I may have spanked my daughter maybe 3 times. I try to avoid it at all costs but in my opinion, there are some situations that a spanking is appropriate.

The underlying key is don't discipline your child too often... or you get one that is shy or intimidated by simple things.

I may not have a hand laid on me, but I got an "earful" of "sit-down discussions." Too bad I don't really like one-on-one conversations as a result of that. :\

I can see both side of the issues:

My mom always made me sit down and talk things out whenever I get in trouble, but whenever people talk to me, i keep thinking I am in trouble or something like that to this day. :\ The only time people ever talked to me personally (outside of classes and such) verbally before I went to post-secondary... wass whenever I got into trouble. I actually feel threatened when people talk to me for some reason-- yet I don't get that with typing or texting.

My stepdad only hit me with a belt buckle once, and I don't even remember it.

Every time people tell me that they need to talk to me, I wonder what did I do or am I in trouble? I don't remember either of my parents ever talking to me when I was in trouble so I dunno where I got this.

My dad used to spank me with a belt.

The underlying key is don't discipline your child too often... or you get one that is shy or intimidated by simple things.

I may not have a hand laid on me, but I got an "earful" of "sit-down discussions." Too bad I don't really like one-on-one conversations as a result of that. :\

My ex hubby does that with our daughter and I never see any results in improving her behavior. I think she enjoys the attention from him and misbehaves so she can have those "sit-down" talks. I tried to tell him that he is reinforcing her bad behavior but he wont listen to me so it is out of my hands.

I voted for no, because hitting them might make them stubborn and give them a fear about parents. I think there are many other ways to correct their mistakes or teach them good discipline.

I don't spank (my kids anyways :naughty:) but I do give a swat on the butt to get their attention sometimes then send them to time-out.

Back