Child(ren) Educational

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of our child(ren) are in school,

Which school does your child goes example public, private schooling, home-schooling, etc.

What grade is your child(ren) in?

When is the child(ren) last day of school?

Those who don't have their child(ren) enrolled in schooling yet, What are your plans for your child to attend?

Are you happy with the school system that your child(ren) attend?

Those of you who are Deaf parents, Does the teachers communicate with you with no difficulty?

Do you ask for an interpreter for parent/teacher converence day?

Have you been part of the child(ren) education such as being a voucher to help with parties, field trips etc?

Which school does your child goes example public, private schooling, home-schooling, etc.

My oldest son goes to public school.

My oldest son is currently in 4th grade.

June 3rd 2005.

Those who don't have their child(ren) enrolled in schooling yet, What are your plans for your child to attend?

My youngest son will be enrolling in school in Aug. of this year to K- same school as his brother public.

Sometimes.

Those of you who are Deaf parents, Does the teachers communicate with you with no difficulty?

I have no problem reading her lips when I needed to talk with her regarding my son, But I will ask for an interpreter for other times.

Do you ask for an interpreter for parent/teacher converence day?

Yes.

Have you been part of the child(ren) education such as being a voucher to help with parties, field trips etc?

I have voucher to help with field trip when Markus was in preschool, And I have voucher to help with parties when he was in K-, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade. I have not helped yet in 4th grade looks like they didn't need more help.

What is a "voucher"? Is it a tax refund or discount for educational expenses? I don't think our state has that. We tried to pass the "Put Parents In Charge" law but it failed.

Reba said:
What is a "voucher"? Is it a tax refund or discount for educational expenses? I don't think our state has that. We tried to pass the "Put Parents In Charge" law but it failed.

No; nothing like that, It is really like parents may choose to be particular with parties and field trips when school or teachers asked for help, The schools don't usual pay for pizza and cups stuff like that. Parents who want to provide them pizza, cups, plates or desserts stuff like that, and be part of the activities at school such as crafts, arts. It's like a program in school called "school choice" and "parent choice." It's hard to explain really. The teachers give the parents award at the end of the school year to thank us for our help and providing foods and helping teachers with field trips so that children doesn't get loss or disappears. Get my drift? Sorry If I cannot explain it more clear for you. Heh.

Reba....
Put Parent in law? New to me but I see u did say failed..

Cheri I will post this later cuz my everett is allover me on my sk....

I do know our school does screen any volunteer if they got record they can't volunteer... I know it sound silly but it does make staffs and parents feel safe knowing their kids are begin taken care great....

Wendy

My "kid" is grown up and married, but since I pay for my grandsons' education I will post about them.

They attend private Christian school.

Second grade.
Fourth grade.

May 31

Yes. It is the same school that our daughter attended and graduated from.

We don't have that exact same system. We do support the school and students with volunteer time and financial giving for special activities.

Back