Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution

Royale

Reaction score
Today is the 200th anniversary birth of Charles Darwin, an English naturalist who wrote Theory of Evolution.

Now, Do you agree with his Theory of Evolution? Why or why not? Discuss here! :)

Note: Please try to be civil. :)

I agree because of the evidence of the fossil record. :)

I agree with his theory. We see evidence of the type of adaptation the he described on a daily basis.

sure of course. i'm a man of science, not faith :cool2:

Some years ago, I used to support creationism until I have realized that Darwin's theory of evolution has so many valid arguments that convinced me.

I now believe all animals and lifeforms have their own unique adaptability to survive over a very length of time.

Yes Darwin is important in our history.

I believe that he was the most brilliant man and admire him for his important scientific minds.

I admire his intellect and his keen observation.

Darwinism remains one of the most misunderstood theories, even a century later.

I do not agree with his theory that we were evolved from monkey.

You just proved Netrox right. A lot of people seem to assume that Darwin believed that we evolved from monkeys. That's completely untrue.

Darwin's theory did not suggest that we evolved from monkeys. It is said that we and the monkeys had a common ancestor. Today, we are more closely related to the apes than we are to the monkeys.

You just proved Netrox right. A lot of people seem to assume that Darwin believed that we evolved from monkeys. That's completely untrue.

Darwin's theory did not suggest that we evolved from monkeys. It is said that we and the monkeys had a common ancestor. Today, we are more closely related to the apes than we are to the monkeys.

We share 99.9% DNA with the Bonobo. Explain that one with Creationism.:P

And Banjo is right. Darwin's theory absolutely did not say we evolved from monkeys. That is just the twisting of his theory by those that want to restrict any discussion of the evolution of humankind to some myth.

Yep, we did not directly evolve from monkeys that we observe today and monkeys have tails and they're more distinct from us. Apes and humans are much more related but we did NOT evolve from today's apes at all. In terms of evolutionary sense, apes and humans are distinct cousins. Our common ancestors are LONG GONE.

The fallacy with creationists is that they think it goes like this:

bacteria -> fish -> lizard -> cat -> monkey -> human

as if that's what was happening. That kind of thinking is totally wrong and inconsistent with the evolution theory (it is impossible, biologically). What really happens is that species branch out with mutations (natural selection) and continue to branch out. That's why we have so much diversity.

Creationists often create questions that seem to imply that they know what they're talking about but they only reveal their profound ignorance about evolution. "Why do we have apes if evolution is true" is an example. It goes on to arguing about the Second Law of Thermodynamics (they don't understand it at all) and how it is "mathematically impossible" that a bacteria could just spontatously come into existence (it doesn't, there's even a continnuum between non-life to life and all that "impossible odds" are totally useless - there are NO definite variables). Despite being told that they are wrong, they just won't accept it.

If evolution is so wrong, why does the Church support Darwin's theory and actively teaches evolution in catholic education?

Darwin literally revolutionized the whole world of biology with his theory. Without him, we would have never progressed that much on genetics.

Okay, first of all he did not soley come up with the theory of evolution. Natural selection, yes he did come up with.

We share 99.9% DNA with the Bonobo. Explain that one with Creationism.:P
that 1% is what God did to separate us from Bonobo :hmm:

And Banjo is right. Darwin's theory absolutely did not say we evolved from monkeys. That is just the twisting of his theory by those that want to restrict any discussion of the evolution of humankind to some myth.
because Darwin cannot say we evolved from monkey otherwise he'd be hang at his time. I'm sure there's secret notebook out there.... just waiting to be found. I'm sure it's wrapped with something designed to stay intact long enough for archaeologist to find. :hmm:

Ape and monkey are close whatever so they said we are closer to ape whatever. U said I do not know anything, well your wrong about me. I learned this from a course at college long time ago and I disagree with darwin's theroy and teacher's teaching about his theory.

Ape and monkey are close whatever so they said we are closer to ape whatever. U said I do not know anything, well your wrong about me. I learned this from a course at college long time ago and I disagree with darwin's theroy and teacher's teaching about his theory.

but... you said -

I do not agree with his theory that we were evolved from monkey.

That is not what Darwin's theory said. So what is it specifically that you don't agree with Darwin's Theory? Please do enlighten us. :ty:

I believe in his theories. People are still adapting and evolving. We are so spoiled with A/C and Heat. That we can not stand the bitter cold or heat. I do believe that people were furrier back then!!

As for a tail. We all have a tail bone (Coccyx) Hence the tail. :lol:

I believe Darwin had part of the answer, but not all of it. He did not dwell on mutation but it definitely plays a part.

I believe that where a creature can exist it will exist.

Recent research in chromosome / DNA indicates any given creature can be / become, evolve into, or mutate into, (no one seems to be sure which) any of a family of creatures merely by switching on or off certain sequences.

For example an ostrich contains the prototype to be a lizard or perhaps dinosaur.

So what, if anything, causes the switch?

Is it possible a creature that never existed before could turn up in Central park tomorrow?

What if humans learn to throw these switches on and off?

Back