Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution

Okay, thanks.

Because I was told that they said nobody (creationists) celebrate it, and I should not say it. I was :eek: and refused to listen theirs, but ended up with some drama. Now I felt bad for said it. =/

Well, I do believe in evolution more than creationism.

If our dna's are closely related to apes or whatever out there, then we do evolve from them. Humans are still part of our animal kindgom. No one knows how we appeared or how we evolved because there's not enough evidence to support that. What's ironic is that Sharks and some other animals haven't changed much since million of years, according to the fossils.

yup. it is truly amazing how 4lbs of delicate organic meat (brain) can do such God-like thing that no creatures can even match. Perhaps it's a gift from God... that's what separated us from monkeys/apes. :hmm:

I do believe in God but I am more of man of science. It is indeed something to ponder about... :hmm:

Me too, Jiro. I recently read a book called "The Science of God" by Gerald Schroeder, that I thought was excellent. It basically explains how the conflicts between religious and scientific views are generally caused by misunderstandings on both sides, and shows some really amazing parallels between the bible and current scientific theory. It was really interesting, and very well written. I highly recommend it. :)

Today is the 200th anniversary birth of Charles Darwin, an English naturalist who wrote Theory of Evolution.

Now, Do you agree with his Theory of Evolution? Why or why not? Discuss here! :)

Note: Please try to be civil. :)
I do not agree with any theories of evolution.

Why? Because I believe that God created the universe and all that is in it in six days.

Why? Because I believe that God created the universe and all that is in it in six days.

Reba, you should read the book I mentioned in my post to Jiro, too. Because guess what, so do I. :cool2:

There's a really interesting comparison of the "six days of creation" and current scientific theories about the events from the big bang onwards, incorporating the fact that we know the passage of time has not always been a constant, and depends on the relative speed of the system being considered.

Look at how well the six days line up with current discoveries of when certain events occurred, I promise, it almost gives you chills.

Me too, Jiro. I recently read a book called "The Science of God" by Gerald Schroeder, that I thought was excellent. It basically explains how the conflicts between religious and scientific views are generally caused by misunderstandings on both sides, and shows some really amazing parallels between the bible and current scientific theory. It was really interesting, and very well written. I highly recommend it. :)

thanks for sharing! I'll look into it. :cool2:

Yup, same here.

The most common school of thought is that environment is responsible for the adaptation process. For instance, man at one time, had 5 molars. With changes in the environment came changes in the diet. Now, man has only 3 molars, and those are usually impacted and need to be extracted (wisdom teeth). There are many people currently that do not have even wisdom teeth, as they have moved farther along the philo-genetic scale that Darwin referred to.

I don't have wisdom teeth. Does that mean I'm more evolved than my husband? :D

Yup, same here.

And how long were those days? In the bible it says "each day is (to God) as a thosand years (to man)". How could the first "day" only be 24 hours when there wasn't even dark and light yet? "Day" as defined from earth is very different than one from Pluto. Where does God live? That would determine how long his "day" is. Plus, the sun wasn't even created the first day, so how was he measuring before he created the sun?

By the way, I am very religous. I believe in the Bible and that Jesus Christ is my savior and the son of God, but I also believe that God follows the laws of Science....because there is thruth in ALL things. I believe that God is capable of miracles because he knows science and controls the very elements.

And how long were those days? In the bible it says "each day is (to God) as a thosand years (to man)". How could the first "day" only be 24 hours when there wasn't even dark and light yet? "Day" as defined from earth is very different than one from Pluto. Where does God live? That would determine how long his "day" is. Plus, the sun wasn't even created the first day, so how was he measuring before he created the sun?

ask your God where he lives :D

Not gonna get into religious talking, but just addressing your question, FJ.

I remember a brother once telling me that "a day" didn't mean 24 hours earth time. It was more of a notion of like, a "chapter" or "passing of time".

I'm not too religious nor into it, but I do recall these words.

And yeah, no more further discussion as Religion is not allowed here.

... I also believe that God follows the laws of Science...
I believe God established the laws of science.

I would love to get into a deeper discussion of your questions but we'll end up getting this thread locked for "religious" discussion. :( If you search thru the archives, you will probably find previous threads that cover the topic.

Darwin was one of the smartest men ever lived next to Albert Einstein.

Evloution is pretty much possible because thats part of life and life change ALL the time but life NEVER stops.

Everything change from small to big from little improvement to big improvement and such...that's part of life.

It takes thousands and thousands of years for some animals to evolve while some animals are pretty much the same since because some has seperated as others just remain the same so...pretty much the same thing has happened with apes and men millions of years ago. Evloution happen with environments, pollution, mating, and so on.

From speices to the next speices and on, transferring genes to the next. The gene pool is kind of hard to explain but it is part of how evloution works.

In my "religious" view, I know that God is not human and he has created life so evloution is part of life that makes it happen.

You know the old saying..."Everything happens for a reason."

Back