Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution

Viruses and Bacteria evolves and mutates.

That is why it is becoming so resistance. Especially bacteria.

Viruses and Bacteria evolves and mutates.

That is why it is becoming so resistance. Especially bacteria.

because it procreates so rapidly that it adapts quickly. If we can do that, we can do same but we cannot so we invent technology that mimics it. that's called nanobots. We'll get there :cool2:

btw - there are several names for nanobots. some call it nanoprobes, nanoblood, nano-whatever.

I believe Darwin had part of the answer, but not all of it. He did not dwell on mutation but it definitely plays a part.

I believe that where a creature can exist it will exist.

Recent research in chromosome / DNA indicates any given creature can be / become, evolve into, or mutate into, (no one seems to be sure which) any of a family of creatures merely by switching on or off certain sequences.

For example an ostrich contains the prototype to be a lizard or perhaps dinosaur.

So what, if anything, causes the switch?

Is it possible a creature that never existed before could turn up in Central park tomorrow?

What if humans learn to throw these switches on and off?

The most common school of thought is that environment is responsible for the adaptation process. For instance, man at one time, had 5 molars. With changes in the environment came changes in the diet. Now, man has only 3 molars, and those are usually impacted and need to be extracted (wisdom teeth). There are many people currently that do not have even wisdom teeth, as they have moved farther along the philo-genetic scale that Darwin referred to.

because it procreates so rapidly that it adapts quickly. If we can do that, we can do same but we cannot so we invent technology that mimics it. that's called nanobots. We'll get there :cool2:

btw - there are several names for nanobots. some call it nanoprobes, nanoblood, nano-whatever.

Nanoprobe sounds like a sugical instrument used for a very uncomfortable procedure.:lol:

Nanoprobe sounds like a sugical instrument used for a very uncomfortable procedure.:lol:

:laugh2: except it's microscopic size :lol: so I don't think you'll feel a thing but the cancer will :cool2:

get your mind outta gutter! :naughty:

We used to be able to tolerate the heat without sweating to death. Now we are so spoiled with AC.

Are we evolving that we have to be comfortable in a controlled environment?

We used to be able to tolerate the heat without sweating to death. Now we are so spoiled with AC.

Are we evolving that we have to be comfortable in a controlled environment?

that's the beauty about humans. We're extremely adaptive and resistant. If we've been relocated to a country like Saudi Arabia (a desert)... no problem. We'll simply adapt to it within months. North Pole? no problem. Space? no problem. :cool2: and btw - "evolve" and "adapt" are slightly different. it takes hundred of thousand years to "evolve" (at least for humans but to evolve usually takes millions of years. lol don't mind me. it's bit complicated.) for long-term purpose while adapt is immediate.

that's the beauty about humans. We're extremely adaptive and resistant. If we've been relocated to a country like Saudi Arabia (a desert)... no problem. We'll simply adapt to it within months. North Pole? no problem. Space? no problem. :cool2: and btw - "evolve" and "adapt" are slightly different. it takes hundred of thousand years to "evolve" (at least for humans but to evolve usually takes millions of years. lol don't mind me. it's bit complicated.) for long-term purpose while adapt is immediate.

In order for one to evolve they would have to adapt first. :cool2:

If not we would all be dead. Takes years and years of course. but slowly evolve.

In order for one to evolve they would have to adapt first. :cool2:

If not we would all be dead. Takes years and years of course. but slowly evolve.

yes precisely! The process of evolving takes hundred of thousand years to million years so we've got a long way to go. It is more accurate to say that we're highly adaptive and resistant. :wave:

But I tell you this - Despite of all wonderful and amazing ability that the creatures have.... the most remarkable evolution we have that trumped every single creature on Earth is..... our brain <tapping on my head> We do not have the strength of grizzly bear but we can invent it - steroid + exoskeleton robot. We do not have ability to breathe underwater like fish but we can invent it - scuba diving equipment. et cetera et cetera. :cool2:

yes precisely! The process of evolving takes hundred of thousand years to million years so we've got a long way to go. It is more accurate to say that we're highly adaptive and resistant. :wave:

But I tell you this - Despite of all wonderful and amazing ability that the creatures have.... the most remarkable evolution we have that trumped every single creature on Earth is..... our brain <tapping on my head> We do not have the strength of grizzly bear but we can invent it - steroid + exoskeleton robot. We do not have ability to breathe underwater like fish but we can invent it - scuba diving equipment. et cetera et cetera. :cool2:

Ahhh! Good posting Jiro!

got the wheel turning in that "tapping head"

So what would we consider that??

Taking the tools to create a wheel or fire?

Ahhh! Good posting Jiro!

got the wheel turning in that "tapping head"

So what would we consider that??

Taking the tools to create a wheel or fire?

yup. it is truly amazing how 4lbs of delicate organic meat (brain) can do such God-like thing that no creatures can even match. Perhaps it's a gift from God... that's what separated us from monkeys/apes. :hmm:

I do believe in God but I am more of man of science. It is indeed something to ponder about... :hmm:

The most common school of thought is that environment is responsible for the adaptation process. For instance, man at one time, had 5 molars. With changes in the environment came changes in the diet. Now, man has only 3 molars, and those are usually impacted and need to be extracted (wisdom teeth). There are many people currently that do not have even wisdom teeth, as they have moved farther along the philo-genetic scale that Darwin referred to

Won't deny any of that.

But I also believe things can and do happen much more quickly and drastically than that and I believe the key to these changes occur in the DNA / chromosome treasure chest of unsolved questions.

yup. it is truly amazing how 4lbs of delicate organic meat (brain) can do such God-like thing that no creatures can even match. Perhaps it's a gift from God... that's what separated us from monkeys/apes. :hmm:

I do believe in God but I am more of man of science. It is indeed something to ponder about... :hmm:

yup!

The time it took to create the wheel or fire or such.. all the way to the technology we have nowadays.

Now if it all went backwards slowly as we created it. We would slowly adapt back to the way it was.

Won't deny any of that.

But I also believe things can and do happen much more quickly and drastically than that and I believe the key to these changes occur in the DNA / chromosome treasure chest of unsolved questions.

Can't dispute that at all.

Yep, I am a strong believer of Darwin's Theory.

Back