CARS...Can't live with 'em can't live without...

C_Dragon2005

Reaction score
Ok, I am new here i know, I have got to know something LOL My car just recently had been broke down, it died one night at the hospital for one of my frequent asthma attacks. Parked it and when I went to leave, nothing, not even a click. It sat for 3 weeks. Well, FINALLY after that I found a mechanic who actually cared enough about his business to actually come tow the car (I have had several I had called they'd say they would be here and give me their quotes and never show) They obviously do not need money then LOL Anyway, he came got the car, told me it was the starter, ordered that, oh and by the way the throtle something or other also needed cleaning cuz it is gummed up, ok do it...we have it ready Monday, he told me that on Friday, talked today, oh your cadilitic (excuse the spelling if it is wrong) converter is plugged up, need a new one, or I can do this....explained what he could do...told him to do it LOL...well I go get it, as planned, and the darn thing runs like a bumble bee!!! Puttering at stops signs, dying on me etc. well he did tell me it is need of a tune up REAl bad! I have had cars in need of a tune up before, non have done this just cuz of that! With the problem I had before we thaught it might need the fuel injection cleaned out...wondering if it might still need it...LOL But anyway, my ??? is this...he did not hesitate to tell me all the rest, I told him to do it, except that the last time I told him to, he knew I would probably only have the money for that last thing, probably why he did not tell me about the tune up til I came and got it LOL But still, can a tune up make a car act like that? HHMMM inquiring minds NEED to know LOL Did I have a good mechanic or a bad one? LOL If my job wasnt about an hour away I would say F*** it and WALK!!! LOL But I cannot do that and getting rides to and fro have been hell. Anyway, sorry for such a long post..LOL and sorry for B****ing about it LOL just wondered if anyone knew about this stuff LOL Have a great day/night!!

welcome to alldeaf.com c_dragon2005 u posted that in wrong thread but u are a newbie that's fine and I welcome u to alldeaf.com ;) enjoy surfin thru this forum. :)

MODS move that to auto/tech thread k? thanks

I would sugguest you to stick with the same mechanics that you had before or the one that you trust. Unless you can afford to get another car. I take my truck to Midas cuz I trust them alot. They knows I am hearing impaired and they show me what the problem is. Not like any other places they dont show you.

So stick to the one that you trust or get another car. By the way, What year it is and what kind of car??

Time to say good-bye to your car and say HELLO to your new car... ;)

I recently brought a new SUV brand new last Feb and I love it.

If you get your car/truck, be sure you take care of your car/truck by taking your car to oil change, tune up and check out. If you didn't, your loss and your will pay the BIG price for a new motor/engine or other parts.

thanx for the advice...

Ok, I am sorry for posting in wrong area LOL...I will try not to do it again ;) I cannot buy a brand new car...cost is out of my range right now, recently divorced, and just now getting on my feet from that, not possible. And I just got the car in Dec. this is my version of a new car, it was a used one, but new to me. It is a 1995 Saturn, 4 door. And today it completely died, we are thinking it is the altinator that went out this morning on my way to work. :( Not sure yet, but that is what it is looking like. :( I take care of my cars, usually get tune ups when needed and in my other car, which is also broke down, but it is my "toy" lol so not working on it right now. I learned how to do all the work to it but the Saturn is elecrical and I know nothing of these newer cars much. :( And I like SUVs but I know how much gas they use, I can barely afford the gas for the Saturn! So that is definitely not an option LOL sorry, but thanx :) I just need to learn more about newer cars so I can work on them like I can my old one LOL That would probably be my best option LOL But might take too long for that LOL :) Anyway, thx for the replies :) have a great day! ;)

Back