Captioned movies on opening day

more like a deaf club setting. of course the goal is to have the screen as big as possible.

Since it will be on DVD/Blu-Ray for the opening day - it will be much more smoother than the actual movie theater, but a bit smaller.

In that case, I already go to my deaf club for movie night once a month. Movie is played on a laptop, through a projector to a large screen. Don't know the size. It's $5 for non-members and $3 for members. All drinks unless it's alcoholic are $1, the beer is $2.50 and the mixed drinks are $4 I think.

In that case, I already go to my deaf club for movie night once a month. Movie is played on a laptop, through a projector to a large screen. Don't know the size. It's $5 for non-members and $3 for members. All drinks unless it's alcoholic are $1, the beer is $2.50 and the mixed drinks are $4 I think.

Would you pay a premium for an opening day movie?

Is it possible to show a screening on the same opening day? If so...VERY cool indeed.

Yes, I would. I don't like the idea of using one of those RWC (or whatever acronyms it uses) things because efficiency is one of my life's priorities. I can't be arsed to go ask for the equipment (and hope there's still some available because who knows how many deaf patrons are there at the moment), pick the right seat (and hope those chairs haven't filled up already), adjust the equipment properly, etc. Just have a given screen be the one with captions with the other screens having no captions. If a hearing patron doesn't want captions, he can simply pick a non-captioned movie. Hearing people have tons of options but deaf people don't.

ok, what is the smallest theater sized screen would you go for?

I dunno. What's the size they use in a typical multiplex theater, where you have a dozen or so individual theaters? That size screen.

Really it depends on the venue, doesn't it? If you've got sort of a home-theater setup with room for a dozen people or so, that would be of necessity a smaller screen than something for 50 or 100 people.

I wouldn't want to crowd around to see something on a small screen. If the screen is big enough to be seen comfortably with the given number of seats, then it's big enough, whatever size that is.

Suppose there was a place near you that had captioned movie (just like regular captions) on opening day for all the deaf people near you - would you guys go and pay like $7 to watch it?

Setup would be minimal though, think of a smaller place, probably using projector, instead of a real movie reel.

Sure! I would love to chat with deaf people afterward. It would be perfect for the deaf club to raise money for some good goal or even for charity.

It is not the case as there is no place to go and watch CC movies so I usually wait until the DVD movie hits the market. I would rent a DVD. Far cheaper that way.

I gave up on movie theaters. I'll only go if my family really just has to see it. I would go to movie theaters if it has captioning. But its rare in my community. We tried to see if they have captioning available for the movie that we're going to see, they always say they don't have it currently but they have it on a schedule? we looked it up and every time we go on their schedule they say they don't have it. So i just wait for the DVD to come out and watch it with my family with captioning.

7 is great, I would go for 40 inch, deaf club setting would be awesome. I am jealous if you get it running. Hope you do.

We go to movies, there is only one open captioned movie per month. It is very expensive and we get no vote. Usually it is a c grade movie shown months after it is out. We forego it. I see action movies where plot is not relevant. If I care about plot I must rent. I also buy the occasional asl movie.

Do not ask for Caption. Just tell them you WANT caption.

Most reels or DVDs don't come with captions already included. The studio has to put that together. So, call up Hollywood and tell them to put captions on their reels or DVDs for the theaters.

Back