Can't find kitty :(

On the way out to your car to go somewhere, you bang on the hood a few times, right? :lol:
We used to. :lol:

Once we didn't, and Hubby drove over our cat's head and broke his lower jaw latterly. The cat had to get his jaw wired (and that's another long story that I won't go into now) but he survived.

Another time, I was driving a car pool of kids to school. A kitty crossed the street in front of me, so I stopped. I saw him at one side but didn't see him come out the other side. I suspected he climbed up into my engine compartment. I got out of the car, raised the hood, and looked. I couldn't see him but I heard something. After looking, and looking, finally, I had to call Animal Control. They came out and helped me search. Finally, they found the cat. The officer put on some thick gloves and reached down behind the engine. He pulled out a struggling kitty and let it loose in a nearby yard.

I was late getting the kids to school that day, and had to explain to the principal. :(

So, you never know where a cat will hide.

My cat once got inside the refrigerator and a friend open it out jump my cat!
The cat was lucky it was an older refrigerator and it wasn't so air tight! They will get into anything!!

My cat once got inside the refrigerator and a friend open it out jump my cat!
The cat was lucky it was an older refrigerator and it wasn't so air tight! They will get into anything!!

0_0 that is serious!

rebeccalj, is there any update?

YES! I just walked in the door from work. Some neighbour found her. Thought it was her kitty because they looked the same until she let our Sophie inside. She checked the tattoo, made a call, our vet contacted our home and SHE'S HOME!!! I'm *SO* beyond happy. The naughty little girl. I still don't know how she got outside. Her buddy, Chester, was also excited to see her. Kept sniffing her.

As for our puppy, Kip-tyn, he just barked. :giggle:

Thank you all for the advice, support and kind thoughts. My daughter say that she cried at school today thinking about her little Sophie. She is so, so happy.

A happy ending.

(Clap clap clap clap clap clap) Yeeeaaayy!

I mean... (Hands waving!!!)

Woo hoo!!!

Good thing she's tattooed!!! It really helped get her home!!!

A happy ending indeed!

I have horrible luck with pets. Never happy ending. I can't tell you how happy we all are to have our girlie back. And, of course, as soon as she walks out of her travel case she snobby and owns the house again. :giggle:

Puppy bark at her then hump my leg.:laugh2:

It's a cat world. We just get to live in it. :lol:

The white light is a protective device. It is used to help keep any "body" it is wrapped around safe from harm. I use it on people and animals (only with permission), and even my own car when in bad traveling conditions.

Your other babies are very cute!

Now I understand. It worked. :ty:

Good news! You might consider supervising her visits outdoors at least until you know that she won't wander off again. Cats are like that! lol

PatsCats said:
The white light is a protective device. It is used to help keep any "body" it is wrapped around safe from harm. I use it on people and animals (only with permission), and even my own car when in bad traveling conditions.

Your other babies are very cute!

Now I understand. It worked. :ty:

It certainly didn't hurt. But I do understand that it might be against some people's religious beliefs, so that is why I never do it without pemission. I'm just glad you found your beloved kitty!

You're welcome. :)

Good news! You might consider supervising her visits outdoors at least until you know that she won't wander off again. Cats are like that! lol

I don't even know how to do that. She has been kept inside since we adopt. How do you supervise kitty outside. Won't she run away again?

It certainly didn't hurt. But I do understand that it might be against some people's religious beliefs, so that is why I never do it without pemission. I'm just glad you found your beloved kitty!

You're welcome. :)

I misunderstand. I think you mean bright light, as in heaven, around her. Maybe you meant that but when I re-read your post it reads like protective shield around her. To keep her safe.

I misunderstand. I think you mean bright light, as in heaven, around her. Maybe you meant that but when I re-read your post it reads like protective shield around her. To keep her safe.

My grandma called it the white light, and you are correct. It is a protctive shield to keep her safe. :)

Still, some people don't like it, so I won't do it for them out of respect for their beliefs.

So happy for you, rebeccalj! My new kittens are about 4 months old. All 4 cats slept on my bed last night. Won't happen when hubby gets home because there is certainly not enough room! :lol:

Back