Can Opener

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
Sound odd thread? :lol:

I bought a new can opener back in June because my other one broke.... the machine one....it fell out of cabinet when I was reaching something and the magnet part, the piece broke....So I said heck..had it for 3 or 4 good years with that bulkly can opener! LOL!

I did bought but the problem is...it won't shut off when it is done cutting and I have a hard time to take the can opener off the can. I took it back and get $ back.

can-opener-771560.jpg

So I bought this one....

I really LOVES it!

41hYUlmbRoL._AA400_.jpg

Found at Target...I didn't know till I Googled it. I got mine at AJ Wright. :)

I have other one...the hand old fashioned one...I leave that in the camping box when we go camping....:)

(Mine is in white, not in black)

can-opener.jpg

So what kind of can opener do you have?

I've tried various electric can openers but I've never been fully satisfied with them.

Now I use one like your bottom picture, the "old fashioned" kind. It works fine, cleans up easy, and is dependable when there is no electricity. Like you, we keep one with the camping gear. The other one is in the kitchen. It will work even after hurricanes. :lol:

Even the simple ones come with comfortable soft handles and they're not expensive.

I've tried various electric can openers but I've never been fully satisfied with them.

Now I use one like your bottom picture, the "old fashioned" kind. It works fine, cleans up easy, and is dependable when there is no electricity. Like you, we keep one with the camping gear. The other one is in the kitchen. It will work even after hurricanes. :lol:

Even the simple ones come with comfortable soft handles and they're not expensive.

I go with the old fashioned way. Less space taken from my countertops, never break down, will always work during a power outage, and everything else Reba has said.

I used to have an electric can opener..nothing but problems.

I have Black and Decker, tall can electric can opener. It is black.

+1 to the group with Reba and Shel. Nothing fancy here.

Competition!
Go.gif

that gray one is...wow!
we just have old-style manual kind. when I broke my wrist hubby opened LOTS of cans-

Did you read the instructions for the one that wouldn't shut off?

Sound odd thread? :lol:

I bought a new can opener back in June because my other one broke.... the machine one....it fell out of cabinet when I was reaching something and the magnet part, the piece broke....So I said heck..had it for 3 or 4 good years with that bulkly can opener! LOL!

I did bought but the problem is...it won't shut off when it is done cutting and I have a hard time to take the can opener off the can. I took it back and get $ back.

can-opener-771560.jpg

So I bought this one....

I really LOVES it!

41hYUlmbRoL._AA400_.jpg

Found at Target...I didn't know till I Googled it. I got mine at AJ Wright. :)

I have other one...the hand old fashioned one...I leave that in the camping box when we go camping....:)

(Mine is in white, not in black)

can-opener.jpg

So what kind of can opener do you have?

My friends own exactly same electric can openers as you own and they have problem with that.

I prefer simple like this, impossible fail no matter what.

Can_Opener.jpg

and waste of time to open the can.

Highlander, I have that one, too. It's getting a bit rusty from being put in the dishwasher. I need to get a new one. Anyone know of a non-electric can opener that won't rust? Stainless steel? My kingdom for a good can opener!

I prefer simple like this, impossible fail no matter what.

Can_Opener.jpg

It has a large con listing why it shouldn't doing.

• the top become razor
• it left the tiny metal somewhere in food
• took too long to open

Not satisfied with one touch can opener then you could pick full electric can opener, there's picture looks like that.

Electric-Can-Opener-with-Smooth-edger-Function-22535435495.jpg

I hate electric stand can opener, it used in several years ago.
cuisinart-electric-can-opener-brushed-chrome.gif

Eh, too long to open? Your kidding (Hey The highlander too!) I can do it as fast as any can opener. I have done that many times, don't take me much time and yeah I missed it. LOL

It has a large con listing why it shouldn't doing.

• the top become razor
• it left the tiny metal somewhere in food
• took too long to open

Back