Calling for San Francisco Residents or frequent travelers

whynatty

Reaction score
I'll be visiting SF next month and I need some tips on getting around the city. I want to be wise with my budget so advices on my spendings, esp. with public transportation would be appreciated. Get to me by private messaging or in here. Many thanks in advance.

Be sure to check out the Guinness Museum of World Records. :)

That will cost you some money though.

If you're looking for something free, check out the Japanese gardens or the old war bunkers. ;)

Bart Map

This site will help you with public transit train and also there is several transit buses in SF area such as Muni (click on transit).

There is several kinds of tourism attractions in S.F area such as Pier 39, Alcatraz island, and several museums.

Have fun in Bay Area :)

I suggest you check out Google maps for satellite images and do research on locations of great tour spots so that you know where to go when you're actually there. :)

I just found out that the Guinness Museum of World Records is no longer there in San Francisco. Sorry.

If you want to get crazy, stay within the coastline. The fisherman's warf can give you a few things to do, though all in all, its like a little Manhattan. It tends to get crowded and the traffic is like in a hurry often, we stayed in Redwood City to relax from the bustle.

I'll be visiting SF next month and I need some tips on getting around the city. I want to be wise with my budget so advices on my spendings, esp. with public transportation would be appreciated. Get to me by private messaging or in here. Many thanks in advance.

FYI - You are only 5 posts to 100 posts, but unfortunately, there is a rule that members with less than 100 posts can not use the Private messaging system.

FYI - You are only 5 posts to 100 posts, but unfortunately, there is a rule that members with less than 100 posts can not use the Private messaging system.
Only 5 more posts for her! :thumb:

Ah , another Aussie going to the states? Cool mate , been there done that. San Francisco is a great place to go and I loved it there. Its a hilly city but! Go to Polk Street for a walk and see the poofs. Reminds me of Sydney there. Also go to Coit Tower , the view is fantastic there. Fishermans Wharf is great , try some of the Lobsters there , they are yummy and cheap. Go to the Japanese Gardens and take a look at the Golffish they have there. They are bloody big. My fav part was visiting Alcatraz Prison. Just get a ferry from Fishermans Wharf and go there. Just remember one thing SF weather is cooler than LA. I would love to go back there again one day.

:ty: for create the thread here... then I will remember when I want to visit SF one day... :thumb:

anybody need a tour, hit me up-

have to check in my schedule to make sure its available, ha.

Oh duh me. Thanks for the reminder. 4 more after this. :)

I suggest you check out Google maps for satellite images and do research on locations of great tour spots so that you know where to go when you're actually there. :)

I just found out that the Guinness Museum of World Records is no longer there in San Francisco. Sorry.

I already checked them out but I wanted to know some more information -- like for an example, is it worth to buy a week-worth pass ticket for both transportations or just simply pay for each ride?

*3 posts more to go* :)

Bart Map

This site will help you with public transit train and also there is several transit buses in SF area such as Muni (click on transit).

There is several kinds of tourism attractions in S.F area such as Pier 39, Alcatraz island, and several museums.

Have fun in Bay Area :)

anybody need a tour, hit me up-

have to check in my schedule to make sure its available, ha.

cool, thanks! Lmk if there's deaf gathering events during my stay. I'll get to ya when im permitted to private msg. :)

I can't wait!! :) Havin' lobsters sound great.... wish they werent so expensive, tho!!

Ah , another Aussie going to the states? Cool mate , been there done that. San Francisco is a great place to go and I loved it there. Its a hilly city but! Go to Polk Street for a walk and see the poofs. Reminds me of Sydney there. Also go to Coit Tower , the view is fantastic there. Fishermans Wharf is great , try some of the Lobsters there , they are yummy and cheap. Go to the Japanese Gardens and take a look at the Golffish they have there. They are bloody big. My fav part was visiting Alcatraz Prison. Just get a ferry from Fishermans Wharf and go there. Just remember one thing SF weather is cooler than LA. I would love to go back there again one day.

My 100th message!

Yipeee! Now, I can bother or be bothered by all of you people in AD! ;)

thanks for the tips peeps.

Back