California Proposition Eight - Ban on Same-Sex Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right, I know. Just askin' for your opinion and what you feel.

About animals and humans getting married? Sure why not? This world is crazy anyway. :giggle:

Seriously, anyone with common sense will think that there is something disturbing about people marrying animals and I think I have common sense.

However, for gay people, if they want to marry, it is their business, not mine cuz it doesnt affect me personally so why should I ban it?

Hurt me ? Naw - it don't hurt me at all. I accept them as " people "/" persons " but, not their " lifestyle ". It's their choice. I am not that kind of person to run in a store and buy a gun with a box of bullets to shoot them. Gee, I am not like that. I will just walk away and mind my own business.

If you were minding your own business, you would not be opposed to a same sex union, since it in no way affects you or your lifestyle. Unless they are attempting to force you to take part in a same sex marraige, it doesn't affect you at all. As long as it is not taking away your rights, or forcing you to engage in an action you don't want to engage it, it really is none of your business. Just because it is not your way doesn't mean that you have any right to tell another that it can't be their way.

And your comparison of 2 people celebrating love and companionship, dedication and loyalty to each other to bestiality is offensive.

About animals and humans getting married? Sure why not? This world is crazy anyway. :giggle:

Seriously, anyone with common sense will think that there is something disturbing about people marrying animals and I think I have common sense.

Now, you know why - the meanin' of the words --> " common sense " .. this is just me and I don't think that a " marriage " fits in the same sex since I've seen there's only 2 sexes on earth: Man and a woman. If, there's only one sex on this earth, then maybe, I will think and feel different. It is just that I feel this way. I am soo used to seein' the opposite sexes who gave birth, you know ? I've never seen the same sex givin' birth of their own child naturally just like man and a woman did. About the marriage itself, I believe that the marriage is sacred for the both man and a woman.

However, for gay people, if they want to marry, it is their business, not mine cuz it doesnt affect me personally so why should I ban it?

If, gay people chose to marry, that's their choice. They are the ones who make it - their own lifestyle and I have my own. There's a plenty of others who vote marriage for the same sex and some don't.... as long as we don't bash each other's heads with a baseball bat. :giggle:

Unless they are attempting to force you to take part in a same sex marraige, it doesn't affect you at all. As long as it is not taking away your rights, or forcing you to engage in an action you don't want to engage it, it really is none of your buisiness.

Marry me, Maria.... MARRY ME NOW. :whip:

Hurt me ? Naw - it don't hurt me at all. I accept them as " people "/" persons " but, not their " lifestyle ". It's their choice. I am not that kind of person to run in a store and buy a gun with a box of bullets to shoot them. Gee, I am not like that. I will just walk away and mind my own business.

Why would they "choose" a lifestyle that is hated by people, spit on, beaten, and treated like second-class citizens????

If, gay people chose to marry, that's their choice. They are the ones who make it - their own lifestyle and I have my own. There's a plenty of others who vote marriage for the same sex and some don't.... as long as we don't bash each other's heads with a baseball bat. :giggle:

No, bashing in the head with a baseball bat isn't necessary.
There are those that accomplish the oppression with much more subtle means....by stripping the Gay and Lesbian of their rights as a human.

Why would they "choose" a lifestyle that is hated by people, spit on, beaten, and treated like second-class citizens????

I don't know. I am not them.

I dont think Maria will ever change her mind about gay people "choosing" their "lifestyle"..

that is... until she falls in love with a woman. :shock:

Why did you choose to be heterosexual?

Because I like a man. The opposite sex I am attracted to. Listen, that " marriage " for man and a woman for many years and it is recognized by the state. I grew up IN THAT.

I was never affected when my aunt was a lesbian, because my mother was overprotected over me. I remember when I was a young kid, I was browsin' through my aunt's family photo album and I saw her name there along with other woman's name. My mother came and saw me with photo album book, she took that book from me and told me to mind my own business. I was stunned and confused. I was the one who made a leather belt for my aunt from my old school and never thought that she was a lesbian. I just thought of her as my " aunt ". She is my mother's sister. Soo ... that was how I grew up. I was the only one in the family that wore a blindfold, not means to wear a blindfold, but it was my mother who hided me from seein' things that she don't want me to know.

But, I just learned from readin' several articles since last night about gay/lesbian people that they will receive more rights durin' Obama's presidency later on. So, please do not feel bad that I opposed marriage for gay/lesbian people. Okay ? It's just me -- it's the way I grew up.

Jillio, I want you to understand that it is NOT offensive when you mentioned about " bestiality " issue. I was tryin' to express what my feeling was when I brought that issue up relatin' to the same sex lifestyle. That feelin' is NOT okay when it comes to marriage for gay/lesbian people. It's MY feelin'. It doesn't mean that I hate them or what ever. I like to talk to them. I am aware of Byrdie's not straight and yet, I still like to chat with him. He is a cool guy and funny, too. I show my respect if, he choses to marry. There's nothin' I can do.

But, I just learned from readin' several articles since last night about gay/lesbian people that they will receive more rights durin' Obama's presidency later on. So, please do not feel bad that I opposed marriage for gay/lesbian people. Okay ? It's just me -- it's the way I grew up.

Im sorry but this is the worst excuse ever. You ALREADY know that you are raised like that, you have identified that problem and yet you keep accepting it. That's like me saying "Well my parents hate black people and I grew up in that. So even though it's probably wrong to hate them, it's just the way I grew up. Therefore I am going to keep hating them. It's who I am." Maria, it's very simple. You simply think homosexuality is wrong. Trying to blame it on "your childhood environment" does not hold water.

Im sorry but this is the worst excuse ever. You ALREADY know that you are raised like that, you have identified that problem and yet you keep accepting it. That's like me saying "Well my parents hate black people and I grew up in that. So even though it's probably wrong to hate them, it's just the way I grew up. Therefore I am going to keep hating them. It's who I am." Maria, it's very simple. You simply think homosexuality is wrong. Trying to blame it on "your childhood environment" does not hold water.

That's where you got all wrong, Daredevil. I do believe it is WRONG to give the marriage to gay/lesbian people, period!

Because I like a man. The opposite sex I am attracted to. Listen, that " marriage " for man and a woman for many years and it is recognized by the state. I grew up IN THAT.

I was never affected when my aunt was a lesbian, because my mother was overprotected over me. I remember when I was a young kid, I was browsin' through my aunt's family photo album and I saw her name there along with other woman's name. My mother came and saw me with photo album book, she took that book from me and told me to mind my own business. I was stunned and confused. I was the one who made a leather belt for my aunt from my old school and never thought that she was a lesbian. I just thought of her as my " aunt ". She is my mother's sister. Soo ... that was how I grew up. I was the only one in the family that wore a blindfold, not means to wear a blindfold, but it was my mother who hided me from seein' things that she don't want me to know.

Jillio, I want you to understand that it is NOT offensive when you mentioned about " bestiality " issue. I was tryin' to express what my feeling was when I brought that issue up relatin' to the same sex lifestyle. That feelin' is NOT okay when it comes to marriage for gay/lesbian people. It's MY feelin'. It doesn't mean that I hate them or what ever. I like to talk to them. I am aware of Byrdie's not straight and yet, I still like to chat with him. He is a cool guy and funny, too. I show my respect if, he choses to marry. There's nothin' I can do.

That is the whole point. You did not choose to be a heterosexual, it is just the way you are and have always been. And people don't choose to be homosexual. It is what they are and have always been. You don't choose who you are attracted to, and Gay andLesbian folk don't choose who they are attracted to. Why should you have rights as a heterosexual when it is not something that you are responsible for being and deny rights to a homosexual when it is something they are not responsible for being?

That's where you got all wrong, Daredevil. I do believe it is WRONG to give the marriage to gay/lesbian people, period!

because of your religious views? :roll:

So you're perfectly fine with 2 guys in love with each other?

So you're perfectly fine with 2 guys in love with each other?

2 consenting adults, you mean? Or would we'd rather resort to arranged marriages and marriages done only for the sake of breeding? (See the perspective?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back