California Proposition Eight - Ban on Same-Sex Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pah! Florida passed to ban, too! (other 3 states passed as well)

Pah! Florida passed to ban, too! (other 3 states passed as well)

You are correct. Florida passed to ban same-sex marriage. I just read about it awhile ago. And, no I am not disappointed, but gladly to see it to happen. But.....wait until years later after Obama becomes an official President in January 2009, things will change. He will fire some people at White House and bring liberals to take their seats. Same thing will happen in Supreme Courts, because Obama himself is a liberal, not conservative.

We will wait and see how this America changes. Remember some of ADers who mentioned about Sarah Palin, who abuses her power ? Well, I BELIEVE that Obama will do the same.

Please, accept my apologises if it is off-topic.

You are correct. Florida passed to ban same-sex marriage. I just read about it awhile ago. And, no I am not disappointed, but gladly to see it to happen. But.....wait until years later after Obama becomes an official President in January 2009, things will change. He will fire some people at White House and bring liberals to take their seats. Same thing will happen in Supreme Courts, because Obama himself is a liberal, not conservative.

We will wait and see how this America changes. Remember some of ADers who mentioned about Sarah Palin, who abuses her power ? Well, I BELIEVE that Obama will do the same.

Please, tell us Maria. How exactly does same sex union hurt you personally? What negative effects do you see for yourself if 2 people of the same sex are allowed to engage in a legal union?

It been told that Obama is against on federal to ban on same-sex marriage Soo..... *shurg* move on!

Please, tell us Maria. How exactly does same sex union hurt you personally? What negative effects do you see for yourself if 2 people of the same sex are allowed to engage in a legal union?

I don't understand her reasoning on alot of things. :roll:

It's so saddening day for those gay/lesbian. I support Same Sex marriage.

People who supported were the ones enjoy destroying families, destroying the love, destroying peace. They who supported don't understand what is really affecting the gay/lesbian families. I think they who supported is the closed-mind and ignorant! (Pardon my language.)

They denied the family rights for gay fathers and lesbian mothers to protect their biological children, even adopted children. Whoever supported is encouraged other kids to bully those kids because their fathers and mothers are gay/lesbian.

Thank you for supporting the No. 8, just to make one's life miserable. Your voice has spoken. This allows Californians to treat gay/lesbians the worst nightmares.

I know many gay/lesiban families need protection and rights. They need to be treated as husbands and wives.

I believe in EQUALITY, period!

that really stink gays and lesbians would have right to get married sighs

I don't understand her reasoning on alot of things. :roll:

It's about against the natural, imagine and role-model what people believe in.

Whatever they believe in right and wrong.

I really don't see how taking discrimination out of US law can be seen as an abuse of power. Especially since Obama wouldn't be the one making those decisions anyways.

This law would be possibly goes to supreme court or federal court, not know when start.

Yes, I am SO SURE it will go to Supreme Court! It will take for a while. I think Democrats in the Congress have game plans.

I believve in Equality! Discrimination doesn't belong in any constitution.

Equality! Equality! Equality! Equality! Equality! Equality!

I am for Equality!

Hurt me ? Naw - it don't hurt me at all. I accept them as " people "/" persons " but, not their " lifestyle ". It's their choice. I am not that kind of person to run in a store and buy a gun with a box of bullets to shoot them. Gee, I am not like that. I will just walk away and mind my own business.

Why do u want to take the rights to marry away from gay/lesbain people?

Why do u want to take the rights to marry away from gay/lesbain people?

Well, Shel90 - I want you to keep in mind that I am not tryin' to say bad things about them. I do love people. I have a question : Do you think it is okay for a person to marry an animal ? I mean, a REAL animal ? I am not tryin' to say specifically what kind of person really is. I am just sayin' IF, a person is really in love with a REAL animal and want to marry --- what are you gonna say ? Is that a normal ? Just be honest.

Well, Shel90 - I want you to keep in mind that I am not tryin' to say bad things about them. I do love people. I have a question : Do you think it is okay for a person to marry an animal ? I mean, a REAL animal ? I am not tryin' to say specifically what kind of person really is. I am just sayin' IF, a person is really in love with a REAL animal and want to marry --- what are you gonna say ? Is that a normal ? Just be honest.

:eek3::eek3:

No...gay people are people, not animals. Pls tell me you did not say that.

Animal vs human...no comparision at all.

There is absulotely no comparison at all.

Uh oh, we have one of those people who are worried about landslides.. Let me guess Maria.. "If they let 2 guys marry, then they would let 2 cousins marry, then let them marry animals, then reptiles, then bugs, then plants!"

Marriage is 2 people deciding and agreeing that they love each other and devote themselves to each other. An animal cannot make decisions.

I say we ban all marriages.

Honestly, I dont think gay people should get "married" because marriage is too tied into religious institutions. Why be a part of something that disowns you? Ideally I'd like to have all gay people not religious, but that's impossible, thus making this more complicated. We should have another name for marriage and make it have the same benefits as marriage. I would get *insert new name here* instead of getting married in the old fashioned way. Heteros can do it too! Make a statement!

:eek3::eek3:

No...gay people are people, not animals. Pls tell me you did not say that.

Of course, I know gay people are people. I am just askin' you if, it is okay to you ? I am not sayin' that gay people do that.

Animal vs human...no comparision at all.

There is absulotely no comparison at all.

Right, I know. Just askin' for your opinion and what you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back