Calamari

I haven't tried Calamari, I don't think I want to. :)

Liebling:-))) said:
The one that I ate was like this one
calamari.jpg

The picture you just showed, ButterFlyGirl, It looks more like beer battered Onion Rings. We sell those too. ;)

Roadrunner said:
:werd: How true! :lol: From time to time...for instance, if there was something I enjoy eating and it's an unusual food item or the weird combination of food items, most people will immediately say things like: "Yuckkkkk", "Ewwwww" and stick out their tongues, etc., and my response to them is usually this: "Welllll, you can't say you don't like it if you haven't tried it, it's all being a 'mental' thing, not having the stomach for such thoughts ramblin' thru the mind--there's a few ocassions that they will succumb to having a 'taster', testing a small bite and a few times they'll like it or don't.

:whistle: It's just a 'mental' thing that gets most people from eating more of the variety of foods...although, I have never tried calamari yet, but if I was offerred it, I'll try it. ;)
So true :)

Cheri said:
The picture you just showed, ButterFlyGirl, It looks more like beer battered Onion Rings. We sell those too. ;)
That was calamari that you saw in the picture. It does look like onion rings though but it is really calamari.
I am picturing of you eating it while you are thinking it is fried onion rings and then you find out the truth :giggle:

ButterflyGirl said:
That was calamari that you saw in the picture. It does look like onion rings though but it is really calamari.
I am picturing of you eating it while you are thinking it is fried onion rings and then you find out the truth :giggle:

:rofl: I hope that doesn't happen.

ButterflyGirl said:
The one that I ate was like this one
calamari.jpg

Oh I got it... Yes I have been tried it before and like it alot... but I prefer one I posted yesterday.

Yeah it sure does look like onion rings, I don't think I would noticed the difference but once I try it I dunno if I would like it or not...

it looks interesting and I don t mind trying it out. i never tasted calamari. hmmm.. I wonder where I ll buy and eat here. is it popular at japanese resturant ??

What's funny. I actually thought it was fried onion rings, I went down chowing without asking anyone what it really is. It took me a while to realize the taste was quite different, but not too bad. They told me it was calamari... Uh? What's that???

Fried squid.

MY GOD!! I ate those?! Man.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!1 In Boston you can get really good calamari with fried peppers.....it's the best!

I had calamari on Mother’s Day. Mrs. Chimp and I took my mom to Red Lobster for lunch. I ordered the calamari appetizer. My mom is a little clueless. She asked us what it was, and we both said “squid” at the same time. Mom made a disgusted face. It took me 5 minutes to persuade her to try one piece. She ate it and said ”bleeech—it tastes like rubber”. I guess some people just can’t appreciate the finer things in life… :lol:

GeorgiaDeaf said:
it looks interesting and I don t mind trying it out. i never tasted calamari. hmmm.. I wonder where I ll buy and eat here. is it popular at japanese resturant ??

No, it´s not just japanese resturant but supermarkets...

We ate calamari with french bread and garlic sauce last Saturday... mmmhhhh

I tried something new yesterday. We went to one of those sushi bars that serves live sushi. They kill the fish right at the table and you eat it immediately. I ordered the calamari, and the cook went into the back, got the squid out of the tank, killed it, and fried it right up for me. The weird thing about it is that it was very rubbery. Calamari is usually very tender, but this was more like octopus. The flavor was incredibly fresh though.

I love it, most of the time. Sometimes it is not prepared right and is way to chewy

yikes! I don't like the sound of it. But would dare to try to eat it. I always not pay attention to the word til i eat it. LOL

no thanks.. u cant make me try this.. ugh! not even on a dare!

Back